shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Help for Animal Lover

jasko

Rough_Rock
Hey all. I just bought the ring, but am trying to figure out a unique or at least good way to propose to my girlfriend. She's a huge animal lover (as am I). Loves dogs a lot and loves all types of animals really. Not just loves them because they're cute or cuddely looking but has a lot of knowledge about most all animals, dogs in particular. I'm trying to somehow incorporate this theme into my proposal.

We live in South Florida. We have two dogs. I really don't want to do the tie the ring to my dog idea. There's always Palm Beach / Miami Zoo to fall back on and propose there also. I feel that all three of these options are kind of cheesy.

Any of you guys have an idea for me? :)

Thanks in advance.

jasko

Rough_Rock
Nothing??? :(

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's a couple of way I know other dog lovers have proposed with excellent results-
1) take your gf to play with puppies at a breeder for the day
2) go on animal related charity walk/marathon and propose on the finishing line
3) take your dog on a beach walk/picnic, create a magical day and propose at the end
4) rather than tie to ring to the dog, tie a letter saying will you marry me then once shes read it and turned round you are on one knee

The zoo idea sounds good though

jasko

Rough_Rock
Thanks chel. No go on 1. We hate breeders lol. Probably number 3 if anything. Or the zoo. Maybe the zoo more.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take her to the pound buy a dog (or whatever) and pop the question. I'm sure you could pevetted the dog though pet finder.com. so you say oh let's go out for lunch, stop to get a dog, surprise. Oh AND propose. SUPER SURPRISE.

I understand you might not be ready for another animal. Just would be the cutest option if you were.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if you guys do this but if you are up for it...how about spend a few hours at an animal rescue group socializing the animals/walking the dogs/cleaning the cages etc and near the end of your time there bring her to a series of notes on the friendlier animals spelling out the sentence...will...you...marry...me or something like that. It would be too sweet for words!

Whatever you decide many congratulations!!! And please come back with pics of the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results