shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope affiliate jeweler in Los Angeles area?

junhox212

Rough_Rock
I've made a purchase but I want to get expert opinion on these stones (to see if these have brilliance in comparison to other stones) and possibly return these for anything they can provide me. Does anyone know a Price scope affiliate jeweler in Los Angeles area who would be down to let me compare my purchase with their best stones and perhaps help me find better stones if mine are not the best for budget?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you need an independent appraiser to start. Taking diamonds in to another jeweler is likely going to result in them telling you they have better diamonds. So that is not in any way an unbiased opinion. Hopefully someone here can recommend an independent appraiser in LA. Are the stones GIA graded?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto ^ above sentiment.

In Culver City, there is Patrick Davis.
In Downtown LA, there is Charles Carmona.

They are the two I have used.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a local jeweler who I would trust to give me an honest informal appraisal - but I'm 500 mile from Los Angeles. Asking a jeweler if your stone is good enough or if you could do better is in most cases asking for a biased opinion.

How large was your purchase, if you don't mind my asking? Do you think you got an especially good deal? Is the main diamond certified? Do you have a return period? An independent appraisal is your best bet, but it will cost you.

junhox212

Rough_Rock
The stones I have purchased are these 2 from James allen and I have over 3 weeks to return them. I don't doubt the nice cut on these but I just want to compare them to other stones with higher clarity to make sure that the cloud and feather inclusions on these si2 stones are not causing any haziness. It doesnt seem to be hazy but sometimes i have slight doubts. These were $720x2= $1440- $100 discount code= $1,340. Here are the links to the stones:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.38-carat-g-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1099771

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.38-carat-g-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1099772

junhox212

Rough_Rock
I don't know if haziness is the right wording here, perhaps cloudiness is the better wording. (Transparency, clearness?)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results