shape
carat
color
clarity

Porposal Idea, I need opinnions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cpodkasik

Rough_Rock
Here is my idea:

My girlfriend has told me a number of times that she wants to pick her own ring out. So...I bought a "fake" ring just so I can give it to her. I was thinking of wrapping one box, over another and when she opens it---the last box will be a bracelet box. She will immediately think that this gift is not the gift she was hoping for. She will open it up, and the ring will either be in there (or not). If it is, she will be confused and happy--if it is not---I will then be on my knee asking her with the ring. What do you think? Should I have the ring in the box, or out. Do I need a "fake" ring at all. She is NOT expecting this. Any ideas on how I can have outside help from strangers?

I was thinking about doing this in the restaurant, in a carriage ride, or even at the hotel in our room (maybe room service).

I need help. I only have 5 days--this is a spontaneous but serious proposal.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I guess it depends on your artistry but both will do :)

What do you mean by fake ring?

A friend of mine proposed to his g/f on a party with a fake ring. The ring with CZ looked really cheap.

When he proposed in front of everybody she looked really embarrassed to get so obviously cheep ring. The moment was ruined despite he gave her a real diamond ring one minute later.

Make sure your fake ring looks good too :)

cpodkasik

Rough_Rock
Good call. It does look real. She just wants to design her own, you know women.

Do you have any romantic ideas (out of the oridinary is okay). I am really stressed. I have been planning it for a while, just want this to be a memorable moment and worried that my way is the wrong way.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Here is what I have been planning.

My Girlfriend and I love Chicago and like to visit often. We even have a favorite resaurant there that is wonderful, yet not widley know about. She also has a good idea that a ring is forthcomming. So I was planning on taking her to chicago. We would go to a play, or a comedy show, out to dinner, shopping at Tiffany's, the whole ball of wax. She will kind of be expecting a proposal throughout the night. Then at the end of the night I will suggest we go back to the hotel and go to bed, and she will be a little disapointed. But at the hotel roomservice will have champainge and strawberry's, waiting. When she walks in first, gets confused and turns around to ask me, I will be on one knee, ring in hand.

What do you think?

klein103

Rough_Rock
This wasnt done with the Ring but with a suprise gift and it worked nicely.

Rent a movie, leave a box of microwave pop corn out on the counter.

Ask her to make some while you ff past the previews.

Prior to doing this you open the bottom of the popcorn box put the ring in there and glue it back up. MAKE SURE IT IS THE RIGHT WEIGHT. a unopened box ways more than just a ring. so it needs some bags left in there, i did not do this and it almost blew it.

she will love to brag to her friends about what a great guys she has, when you do this out of the blue.

Rough_Rock
What did you end up doing? Did it work out OK?

I would have pulled a scene from "Serendipity" in your case. Wrap the ring box real nice and when she opens it up, nothing will be in it. You sneak up behind her and say, "you have to say 'yes' first" and hold out the ring to her.

cpodkasik

Rough_Rock
It is official, I am now engaged and ecstatic. I took my girlfriend to New York City for a long weekend and on the last day we were there, our anniversary, I proposed during dinner.

We had a romantic meal with a bottle of wine. I arranged ahead of time with the Maitre'D to have a little cooperation from the waitstaff. I informed them to bring out whatever desert my fiancee ordered with a little something special. I asked them to write "Will you Marry Me?" in chocolate syrup around the edge of the plate. They brought the dessert out on a platter with a domed lid, and when they lifted it---My fiancee did a quick look, and said "Looks Good"--- waited for her to take second look and when she did tears started to stream down her face. When she looked back to me in disbelief, I was down on one knee with the ring. She said Yes and be enjoyed the most romantic evening ever.

:love:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent proposal!

congratulations. :appl:

GlobalGuy

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is something else....I say let her be confused -- nothing in the box! Then be down on one knee....from what I have read, you have to somehow distract her, so that you have time to get down on one knee....

From what you wrote today is the day -- so good luck!

GlobalGuy

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is something else....I say let her be confused -- nothing in the box! Then be down on one knee....from what I have read, you have to somehow distract her, so that you have time to get down on one knee....

From what you wrote today is the day -- so good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results