shape
carat
color
clarity

Please tell me this has happened to you too?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I was cleaning receipts out of my wallet and found a diamond! It's a wonky lil old cut ten pointer, and it was neatly wrapped up in a piece of paper. I nearly threw it out with my receipts! It's been in there for nearly two years and I'd actually forgotten all about it!

Has something like this ever happened to you?

_35128.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't say that I have. I sure wish I would find a diamond!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhm... no! :lol:

But there is a nice Tiffany chain sitting in a little plastic bag in one of my purse's side pockets - I replaced it with an adjustable chain for the pendant - that I should retrieve and put in the safe before I clean out that purse and accidentally throw it out...

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Calliecake said:
Can't say that I have. I sure wish I would find a diamond!!!!

LOL! It's just a little one! Maybe I should have left it in there to grow a bit more!

VRBeauty said:
Uhm... no! :lol:

But there is a nice Tiffany chain sitting in a little plastic bag in one of my purse's side pockets - I replaced it with an adjustable chain for the pendant - that I should retrieve and put in the safe before I clean out that purse and accidentally throw it out...

Yeah, that might be a good idea! ;-)

What are you going to do with it once you remove it? :)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! Well I'm sure glad that you didn't throw it out - what a nice little surprise :D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Trekkie!

You're invited to our house to clean out our papers. :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: The chain is now safely stowed away in its little blue bag in the safe! Thank you, Trekkie!

(I'll keep it because it came with a wonderful little Tiffany pendant - and I can use it with that pendant or others when I need that length.)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my engagement reset from 18K yellow gold (80s style) with 1 carat of princess cut diamonds in the band (they were from VS2 to SI2) they were very small.. so I had the jeweler take the stones out of the ring and I sold him the gold (back in like 08) then I put the little stones in a drawer and forgot them! cleaning out my drawer 3 years later and I found them again :) and had a band made in palladium...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A no, I don't have enough diamonds to lose one and not know about it!
Can I come over and check your couch cushions...finders keepers!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I borrowed a suitcase from my old boss--I went on the week-long trip, came home, unpacked and was checking all the pockets to ensure that I had not left anything behind before I returned her suitcase... The last pocket I checked (small outside zippered pocket) I found her 3ct+ diamond and platinum studs which she had removed and tossed into the bag when she was traveling 6 months earlier! I called to tell her what I had found and she casually said, "oh! That's where those ended up!". She obviously has a lot of diamonds not to have missed those!!!!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Tekate|1446320475|3944255 said:
I had my engagement reset from 18K yellow gold (80s style) with 1 carat of princess cut diamonds in the band (they were from VS2 to SI2) they were very small.. so I had the jeweler take the stones out of the ring and I sold him the gold (back in like 08) then I put the little stones in a drawer and forgot them! cleaning out my drawer 3 years later and I found them again :) and had a band made in palladium...

YES! I am not the only one after all! :lol:

That band sounds beautiful! Does it have a thread on SMTB? :)

tuffyluvr said:
I borrowed a suitcase from my old boss--I went on the week-long trip, came home, unpacked and was checking all the pockets to ensure that I had not left anything behind before I returned her suitcase... The last pocket I checked (small outside zippered pocket) I found her 3ct+ diamond and platinum studs which she had removed and tossed into the bag when she was traveling 6 months earlier! I called to tell her what I had found and she casually said, "oh! That's where those ended up!". She obviously has a lot of diamonds not to have missed those!!!!

Must be nice to be your boss, :lol: !

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Trekkie! my ring is in my safe deposit box.. I saw the thread on "show all your jewlery" and thought I should get my stuff and take a pix..

the ring has more of a story... the princess diamonds had been set as invisible.. so each diamond had a groove to fit into the next, so that is one reason why I forget about them because the jeweler in Austin (Americus) told me it would be impossible to reset them.. so one day I found them again and my hubby was away on a ski trip. (aha! time to get some jewelry) so I called him from the store (C K Root in NW Austin TX) and he thought it was okay :) .. the personnel at C Kirk Root told me that they could set the stones but not as invisible, but in a channel setting I was fine with it.. So it took months to get the ring, they finally called it was done and I went over to get it and they had set the stones as an invisible setting! I was shocked...the jeweler thought it looked better so they spent quite a bit of time resetting, which I thought was nice for 1k :) (probably expensive but I didn't know nearly as much about settings etc back in 09 10 timeframe).. I like the ring and will get a post up eventually.

:wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Trekkie! :wavey:

May I please send some neatly folded papers to stuff into your wallet? :naughty: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but any diamond found is a good diamond, right? :cheeky:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Had given up on an antique garnet pendant that had apparently vanished into thin air only to sweep it up from under the couch when I finally cleaned the house seriously before the arrival of my cousins. Not a diamond and not quite forgotten, but I really thought it was gone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results