shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with my invitation wordings......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
I''m about to print my invitation errrrrghhh.....It will be great if you can help me to see rather everything looks right here....thanks so much ladies!
16.gif

ceremony+dinner-version.jpg

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Is it necessary to add "at" "on" "the" in front of "date/time" and "name of location"?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I believe it is necessary. They are prepositions that modify the where, when etc details. Basically try to read this as a regular sentence:

With prepositions
You''re invited to the wedding of Starbutts and Mr. Starbutts at 3 o''clock in the afternoon at St. Blah Catholic Church.

W/o prepositions:
You''re invited to the wedding of Starbutts and Mr. Starbutts 3 o''clock afternoon St. Blah Cathloic Church

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Hi Starbutts,
I just wanted to tell you that I really like your fonts - and everything looks great to me! And I would keep the at/the/on, but to some extent I think it''s a matter of personal preference?

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input ladies, I will modify the wording~

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I think the modified invitation you have is fine. I would not add an at in front of your church name. I don''t recall ever seeing an invitation that has an at in front of the ceremony site...

Not to thread jack, but I also have a question for you: should all Catholic ceremonies be described as sacrament of marriage? I am not Catholic but FI is and we are having a Catholic wedding mass. Should I modify my wording to include sacrament of marriage? I believe ours just says "as they are united in marriage"

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I believe it''s personal preference if you want to call it the sacrament of marriage or not. But if you''re having the ceremony in a church, you typically use the "honor of your presence" vs "pleasure of your company".

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Morgie44: Thanks, I''m not too sure the answer to your question. my FI''s family is Catholic, so I followed his sister''s wedding invitation version in description of the ceremony. FYI, my FSIL is Catholic and her husband is not, and my FI is Catholic and I''m not-yet-a-Catholic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results