shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures

waffle

Shiny_Rock
Why don’t jewelry stores forbid you from taking photos of the jewelry on you? I think it should be your right if you may be paying a huge sum of money.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Might not be common but the two shops i use don't mind at all if I take a quick picture or two. But I don't sit there asking them to show me tons of things, taking pictures of all of it, and not buying though. And I always ask first, just to be sure :)

Might not be common but the two shops i use don't mind at all if I take a quick picture or two. But I don't sit there asking them to show me tons of things, taking pictures of all of it, and not buying though. And I always ask first, just to be sure :)

I've had the same experience... no one seems to mind a few quick snaps, especially if you're genuinely trying to decide amongst several pieces. Although, I'll admit I haven't shopped in a B&M store in some time. If I happen into a fancy boutique when I'm on vacation, for instance, I never ask to see or try on something I cannot afford (or have no interest in buying). I understand it's fun for some folks, but it's just not my style.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never had anyone stop me. I ask if I can take a quick photo of it on me and they almost alwasys say yes

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most don’t mind.

Those that do mind, it’s usually because they’ve had customers take photos of custom designs to other vendors to have them copied.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
...or fear of disclosing security precautions, store layout, etc.

I always ask first and let them do the mental math. As in "I would like to be able to show this to my spouse." Risk of photo vs. benefit of potential sale...

Phones give photos a more on-the-fly, less threatening vibe. The only time I was stopped was with a DSLR when traveling. That was Graff in Vancouver, BC. They were very nice about it and said it was for security reasons; they didn't tackle me or make me delete the one or two I had taken. The place was out of my league in every way.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most don't mind. Others don't want you taking their design to another jeweler, or risking their security.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A few places I know of have that rule because of one person, a wanna be "influencer" who spent 3 hours or more in each store pretending to want to buy stuff but was just taking pictures for posting on their social media accounts.

PhilosopherStone

Rough_Rock
During consultation, I was able to snap a photo of an engagement ring style in-store that I was considering. It definitely depends on the design, whether it is open to the public or a design they only show in-store. My consultant was happy for me to take photos when I had genuine interest in the ring design.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results