shape
carat
color
clarity

Photographer Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies I need your help!
Could you please give me your opinions on these photographers. I’m so torn and really do like all of their work…I need some guidance. I’m leaning towards one but I would really like to hear your opinions.

All their prices are pretty comparable so that’s not a deciding factor…

1. http://blog.seanolearyphotography.com/blog/portfolio/?album=3&gallery=6
2. http://www.shikaiphotography.com/
3. http://www.kevinbphoto.com , http://kevinbphoto.blogspot.com
4. http://hollypacionephotography.com/

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I am between #3 and #4. I tend to like Holly''s style a little more.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I like Kevin and Holly the best. I think they have the best mix of playing with light and capturing the "moments" of the evens.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely like #3 (Kevin) the best. His photos (to me) appear to be the most natural and the most professional - capturing genuine moments in a beautiful way. Next, I like Holly''s photography, but I wasn''t crazy about some of the camera angles and crops in her gallery.

tlh

Ideal_Rock

Though I am very modest and don''t like the boudoir packages..I think his shots were awesome. Have you met them all? Sometimes people can shoot awesome photos, but their style doesn''t mesh w/ yours... ie personality.

I am type A controlling, my photog took beautiful pictures, but was wayyyy too laid back, and just un-organized. My dad picked him for us... he meshed well with my dad... clashed with me...

just a tip.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
probably #3.

Have you asked any of them to email you links to complete sets of weddings they''ve taken? I think that seeing complete sets give you a better idea than what is posted on websites. I was actually kind of surprised to how many so-so pics when looking at everything taken, even by people whose websites I thought were really good. I weeded candidates when I didn''t like at least a majority of the total shots taken.

Good luck!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Holly''s photos the best because she tends to get the live moments more than anyone else.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:07:46 PM
Author: panda08
Have you asked any of them to email you links to complete sets of weddings they've taken? I think that seeing complete sets give you a better idea than what is posted on websites. I was actually kind of surprised to how many so-so pics when looking at everything taken, even by people whose websites I thought were really good. I weeded candidates when I didn't like at least a majority of the total shots taken.

Good luck!
Good advice panda! I never thought of something like that but it is a very good point.

I myself don't know what everyone sees in #3 over the other options. I think the photos just look so-so compared to option #4 and #2. They look nice, just sort of average. IMO

I prefer #4 the best and #2. They seem more professional to me anyway, or maybe I'm just viewing them from an artistic standpoint...They are all very nice though ams!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I really liked Holly''s pics. They seemed to capture the moment to me. Panda makes a good point though. Photographers usually only put their favorite and best pictures on a website, so seeing a full wedding would be helpful.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ladies for your input.

I''m actually in agreement with most of you...Holly and Kevin are my top 2, the other 2 are FI''s choices. Although he can''t really explain to me why he liked the other two better. Probably just to difficult
20.gif
I''ve met with Holly and I''m meeting with Kevin soon...They both seem like really good fits.

Panda: that''s a great idea. I never thought of that but your right. My reception venue contracted Kevin to be their photographer during the building process, so they really recommend him of course. Holly comes highly recommended from other brides that I know who have either used her or know someone who has.

I didn''t realize how tough a decision this was going to be...

DG: I know where in the same location (generally) do you know of any photographers? I''m trying to get all of my prospects from recommendations.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I liked #2 and #4 the best.. with a slight edge for #4. Her photos spoke to me the most.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
I liked number 2 and 3 the best--they seem the most professional. My problem with number 4 is that while she seems really good at capturing the moment, some of the photos would make me cringe if it was me in them....like it''s almost too intrusive!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results