shape
carat
color
clarity

Pet Portraits?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee...I've thought of a new animal thread...though it may be a short one: Are there any PSers out there crazy enough to have their pets professionally photographed/painted? If so...let's see 'em!!
3.gif

Here are pro pix (scanned) of Spencer and Bogie...now departed, bless their sweet souls. (I never did have Widget done...probably because of having a digital camera by the time she came along.)

bogspc.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
....and this is REALLY EMBARRASSING!
20.gif

I had a local artist/cartoonist do this years ago. Even my little granddaughters think its odd/ugly LOL....

widget

000k4324.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget, have you ever taken your dogs to get their pictures taken with Santa? We were thinking about loading The Demon into the car and going up to Petco and having it done--would that just be over the top?!

Spencer and Bogie are very handsom dogs! (Although I think they look a bit better in their photos than in the cartoon rendering, LOL.)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Our pro pics of Dylan should hopefully come in by Wednesday -- I'll post them if I get a chance.

Widget, your dogs are so handsome.

ETA: We thought of taking Dylan into Petsmart for Santa pics, but haven't gotten around to it. Go for it, DeeJay.
2.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
You should absolutely get the pics with Santa DJ! We have a picture with Santa of my two obnoxious hounds...my brother and I had to sit on Santa''s lap to hold the dogs so they''d stay in the picture! It''s crazy but we take out the picture each year and we have a matching ornament! I''ll scan it later when my head doesn''t feel like a bowling ball.
40.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Now I want one! Esp with Santa, unfortunately I missed the last day of santa at PetSmart by 8 minutes today. Wish I''d thought of it sooner
38.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think any dog owner is crazy for doing pet portraits! If I thought MIlo and Daisy could actually sit still for a photo session in a circumstance outside of our home, I would do it in a heartbeat. However, they are two crazy beagles, to put it mildly, and would most certainly require about 3 hrs. of vigourous activity, not to mention a pound of treats to calm them down first, and I don''t have the time for it this year, lol! Milo, our 3 yr. old, is somewhat calmer now, but the new puppy Daisy (see avatar, hee hee) is just a pup and you have to get the timing right for picture opps...either right when she wakes up from a nap, or when she''s winding down towards the next nap, (and then she''s cranky just like a baby) so there is a very tiny window of when she''ll actually sit still or behave in any way, lol!

Widget, I think your portrait is beautiful! I can see why it might be a little spooky to small folk, but honestly I don''t think it''s odd...I think the artist captured your doggies'' character and it is a very special piece!
35.gif

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Speaking of crazy beagles, I shot this one of my Phil, so it wasn't taken professionally. But I've THOUGHT about moonlighting as a pet photographer... does that count?
2.gif

dogstudy1.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 3:31:02 PM
Author: crowmama
Speaking of crazy beagles, I shot this one of my Phil, so it wasn''t taken professionally. But I''ve THOUGHT about moonlighting as a pet photographer... does that count?
2.gif
Wow....you SHOULD be a professional photog....what a beautiful picture!

Phil certainly doesn''t look "crazy" in that picture, he looks wise and pensive...

widget

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 3:44:38 PM
Author: widget

Date: 12/18/2006 3:31:02 PM
Author: crowmama
Speaking of crazy beagles, I shot this one of my Phil, so it wasn''t taken professionally. But I''ve THOUGHT about moonlighting as a pet photographer... does that count?
2.gif
Wow....you SHOULD be a professional photog....what a beautiful picture!

Phil certainly doesn''t look ''crazy'' in that picture, he looks wise and pensive...

widget
HAHAHAHAHA! Widget, after I snapped the photo, he startled himself with the sound of his own flatulence. Gotta luv him...

Thanks for the photo compliment! I''m just starting to do some stock and freelance, so who knows where it will go... somewhere, I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results