shape
carat
color
clarity

PET FOOD ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

golden

Shiny_Rock
EVER SINCE THIS RECALL HAS HAPPENED, I HAVE BEEN VERY NERVOUS TO GIVE PIERRE HIS DRY FOOD. THE LADY WHO ANSWERS THE PHONE AT OUR VET SAID THEY ARE RECOMMENDING BOILED CHICKEN?

WILL THIS BE TOO MUCH PROTEIN IF IT''S EVERYDAY??? I AM GOING TO ALTERNATE BETWEEN CHICKEN AND RICE.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Dry food was never part of the recall, so I feel fairly safe feeding it, but understand your concern. Like its almost just a matter of time before something else gets recalled.

Our vet has recommended boiled chicken before when our dog is sick, but not as a regular diet. Sorry I cant help you much. Perhaps you can call back and ask for specifics based on your dog.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually, they are looking into the dry food now. Hills m/d formula was recalled in the dry form I believe...that news came out just before the weekend.

I have started my cat on Wellness food in addition to her prescription food. The organic foods haven't seemed to be affected by this.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I heard the dry food is now suspect as well. So confusing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out the thread in hangout about other types of pet food...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2007 2:10:02 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Actually, they are looking into the dry food now. Hills m/d formula was recalled in the dry form I believe...that news came out just before the weekend.

I have started my cat on Wellness food in addition to her prescription food. The organic foods haven''t seemed to be affected by this.

FG,
Wellness and Innova is made at Menu Foods facilities as well. I''ve decided to try Felidae and just bought a few cans for my kitty to taste test. I know Canidie (the dog version) is safe. For now. I like Felidae''s ingredient list (and they are very low in Phosphorus and Sodium which I have to watch in my CRF cat''s diet).

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 2:21:19 PM
Author: Chrono

I have started my cat on Wellness food in addition to her prescription food. The organic foods haven''t seemed to be affected by this.

FG,
Wellness and Innova is made at Menu Foods facilities as well. I''ve decided to try Felidae and just bought a few cans for my kitty to taste test. I know Canidie (the dog version) is safe. For now. I like Felidae''s ingredient list (and they are very low in Phosphorus and Sodium which I have to watch in my CRF cat''s diet).
I just read this in the other thread.
40.gif
What''s CRF?? Wellness was the only food I saw that actually addressed urinary tract/FLUTD questions so that''s why I bought some for Chloe. Any info in that regard about Felidae?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CRF is chronic renal failure (failing kidneys).

I think Felidae has some cranberries for the urinary tract. You can check them out here:
http://www.canidae.com/cats/cat_and_kitten/canned.html

ETA
The pH of both the dry and canned food are very low (dry pH of 5.6, canned pH of 6) making it a great food to feed a cat who has been treated for a UTI or if your vet is concerned about the pH level for prevention of UTI.

njc

Brilliant_Rock

Really? Why are they being so quiet about the recalls now??? I happened to catch that Dingo treats were being recalled scrolling across the news yesterday. After googling (Dingo site had nothing) I found one article that said which treats. This is insane.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your dry food has no wheat gluten in it it should be fine...

otherwise you can do boiled rice, boiled chicken, green beans, carrots and some vitamin supplements for the dog...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results