shape
carat
color
clarity

Paypal "jail"? Have you ever??

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Just sold a piece and Paypal has frozen the funds until "further review". And asked me to submit a photo ID, proof of ownership, proof of shipping, details on transaction.
I intend to use the money for a ring I have on hold. Paypal says they will tell me their results in up to 72 hours.

Anyone else ever been in PP jail? How long did it take? I'm going to be so mad if I miss out on the ring I'm trying to buy due to this delay!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not personally but it’s a security thing, it’s not necessarily “personal” against you.
If it’s a large amount or it’s been a while since you purchased or your location or the sellers location is on their “beware list”, transactions get flagged for further investigation / review.
There is so much on line fraud going on that it’s actually good that PayPal keeps an eye on things, maybe not so much when it’s you affected.
Also, some buyers payment methods ie credit card can take extra time to clear so PayPal holds until the money is cleared to them.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Not personally but it’s a security thing, it’s not necessarily “personal” against you.
If it’s a large amount or it’s been a while since you purchased or your location or the sellers location is on their “beware list”, transactions get flagged for further investigation / review.
There is so much on line fraud going on that it’s actually good that PayPal keeps an eye on things, maybe not so much when it’s you affected.
Also, some buyers payment methods ie credit card can take extra time to clear so PayPal holds until the money is cleared to them.

They pretty much said it's the amount. But they were really nice on the phone. I explained all the details of the sale and the rep assured me I did the transaction correctly. I am just anxious as the time clock on my item on HOLD runs out in 48 hours.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They pretty much said it's the amount. But they were really nice on the phone. I explained all the details of the sale and the rep assured me I did the transaction correctly. I am just anxious as the time clock on my item on HOLD runs out in 48 hours.

Good luck

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sold a piece and Paypal has frozen the funds until "further review". And asked me to submit a photo ID, proof of ownership, proof of shipping, details on transaction.
I intend to use the money for a ring I have on hold. Paypal says they will tell me their results in up to 72 hours.

Anyone else ever been in PP jail? How long did it take? I'm going to be so mad if I miss out on the ring I'm trying to buy due to this delay!

Yup, it was to pay a 5.00 GBP deposit for a Cuban-themed meal, and my money was frozen, pending on further information to be provided.

I am guessing the word "Cuban" one of the words being monitored due to potential issues with money laundering.

I submitted the link to meal and it was fine.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, it was to pay a 5.00 GBP deposit for a Cuban-themed meal, and my money was frozen, pending on further information to be provided.

I am guessing the word "Cuban" one of the words being monitored due to potential issues with money laundering.

I submitted the link to meal and it was fine.

That's just odd
i get how it happened
but computers are dumb sometimes

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just odd
i get how it happened
but computers are dumb sometimes

Yup, for the grand sum of 5.00 GBP!!!

I am guessing they either can't set more than one parameters, like it has to have Cuban and over certain amount of money; and rely on the transaction being shelved pending review by a person.

DK :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, for the grand sum of 5.00 GBP!!!

I am guessing they either can't set more than one parameters, like it has to have Cuban and over certain amount of money; and rely on the transaction being shelved pending review by a person.

DK :lol-2:

Modern life is hardly progress a lot of the time

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a small suite of diamonds from someone on LT. I sent the payment, but the funds were frozen on her end so she couldn’t access them. I (the buyer) had to call PayPal and let them know that I made the purchase and had received the item in question. It wasn’t an expensive purchase.

I don’t know if that’s what‘s happening in your case but that’s my only weird PayPal story.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I bought a small suite of diamonds from someone on LT. I sent the payment, but the funds were frozen on her end so she couldn’t access them. I (the buyer) had to call PayPal and let them know that I made the purchase and had received the item in question. It wasn’t an expensive purchase.

I don’t know if that’s what‘s happening in your case but that’s my only weird PayPal story.

I sent them all the documentation they requested (there was a check off list!) So I'm hoping it's resolved quickly. My seller gave me an extension on my hold when I told her what happened ( thankfully).

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent them all the documentation they requested (there was a check off list!) So I'm hoping it's resolved quickly. My seller gave me an extension on my hold when I told her what happened ( thankfully).

Sounds like this will be wrapped up pretty quickly. I'm happy to hear you received an extension on your hold too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good to hear that, and I love it that you have updated your avatar already to your dream ring! :lol-2:

Looking forward to your ring resetting journey as no doubt it will be grand and fabulous!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There've been many occasions when PayPal sends this sort of message... they've never failed to actually pay us once the charge is approved.
We've also had them hold refunds we've issued for ...no apparent reason- but they've always paid out there as well....
But it does put the reminder in place...they've got us by the short hairs.
They can hold the money at their whim, raise commission rates...basically whatever they want. There's no competition so we're at their mercy. Sucks, doesn't it?

Now that you've mentioned it, PP has held my funds the last few times I received $. Most recently, they held it an extra day bc of the "high amount" of the transaction. Lol for days.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Now that you've mentioned it, PP has held my funds the last few times I received $. Most recently, they held it an extra day bc of the "high amount" of the transaction. Lol for days.

Its been 48 hours..... funds are sitting and I can't get them... told me same thing, the amount was unusual for me. Live person calls to them have been encouraging.
But as of this moment I'm still in pp jail. :(

Oh, forgot to mention. I haven't been asked to provide identification before (yet...), but they did say they'll release the funds after they see proof of delivery. Has your item been delivered already? And did PayPal also request the tracking number as part of their verification process?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh, forgot to mention. I haven't been asked to provide identification before (yet...), but they did say they'll release the funds after they see proof of delivery. Has your item been delivered already? And did PayPal also request the tracking number as part of their verification process?

Yes but it got complicated as I sent it to DK. He resized it and sent to her. She got it today. I just updated the info. Fingers crossed!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes but it got complicated as I sent it to DK. He resized it and sent to her. She got it today. I just updated the info. Fingers crossed!

So it was sent back to the seller from DK? Back to Germany? Fingers crossed that you get it soon!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
So it was sent back to the seller from DK? Back to Germany? Fingers crossed that you get it soon!

No I sent my oec to dk. He sent it to my buyer. My new ring is still in Germany waiting to be paid for :(

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
No I sent my oec to dk. He sent it to my buyer. My new ring is still in Germany waiting to be paid for :(

Omg I had misinterpreted the first paragraph of the thread and thought you were trying to buy your new ring and those funds were frozen. This is the one you sold. How frustrating! Sending good vibes that it gets resolved quickly!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I know these things are frustrating from your end, but they are measures that indeed protect people from unscrupulous fraudsters - and fraud is on the rise. In terms of security, PayPal is gold standard.

I’m sure once they review, they will release your funds. Verification is requested all the time for large transactions that are out of of the norm - trust me, you want these checks and balances in place, even if they are anxiety producing…it would be much better than the alternative!

(I actually work in tech, specifically in the payments space so am quite familiar with these practices and I can assure you it’s not weird or personal)

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
It happened to me when I tried to make payment to Takahashi. They requested me to submit ID and address proof. The anti money laundering policy is tightened in many countries so I guess they have to do certain things in order to comply with the policy. So i submitted and waited for days. Ended up doing a bank transfer coz Takahashi has a bank account in HK. Saved on the PP exchange rate too.

Hope PP clear your documents asap. I know it is frustrating.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results