shape
carat
color
clarity

Palm Beach: any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''m leaving for Palm Beach in a few days. Besides going to the antique jewelry show, I plan to do a "jewelry crawl" on Worth Ave..

I know most of the "Big Guns" have shops there (T&Co, Cartier, etc) but wonder if there''re any lesser known but fabulous Bling Shops I should look out for..

TIA
widget

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kauffman and Suisse I think?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is an Estate jewelry Store on Worth down by Tiff''s but forget the name.... It''s on the same side as Tiff''s. East Coast something or other... Coming up blank here, but remember they had great stuff. Have a wonderful trip widget!!!!
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Kaleigh! I'll look for it. And DF! I forgot about Kauffman&Suisse! I'd love to see some of those humongous honkers IRL!
3.gif

widget

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Tell me all about the Palm Beach Antique show. Dying to go, but have to work...
7.gif
Curious to know some of the better booths, so get names and full descriptions of the amazing items you find!

(by the way, I have two free tickets, if you want them)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just think Worth Ave overall is great for strolling and you might see Rod Stewart like I did. If you can and weather is nice go to the Breakers for lunch, and the Mizner House is supposedly lovely...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I will be in the Palm Beach area in a few days too! Plan to head down to the Miami Boat Show.

Worth Avenue is fine - be sure to dress the part. There are quite a few reputable estate/antique dealers there, but that's a high-rent district, serving the likes of Donald Trump. For a fabulous affordable bling shop, go to "Provident Jewelry" on Clematis St, which is across the Intracoastal on the mainland.

Check out their website: Provident Jewelry. Don't pay any attention to the "retail prices" they quote. They are an estate dealer and have a huge collection of diamond rings. You can totally "deal".

If you go, please take a look at the 3.01-carat F VS1 square emerald (EGL cert) and tell me what you think of it.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Starryeyed...sounds like a great tip. If I get there, I''ll definitely look for that EC for you...

widget

PS "dress the part" for Worth Avenue??? Oh dear...
32.gif
...lol

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:58:31 PM
Author: widget
Thanks, Starryeyed...sounds like a great tip. If I get there, I'll definitely look for that EC for you...
widget
PS 'dress the part' for Worth Avenue??? Oh dear...
32.gif
...lol
Hi Widget. Just a heads up, some of these shops close on Sundays - I'd hate to see you disappointed. Some Cartier locations recently started keeping Sunday hours, but I don't think Worth Ave is one of them. The Boca Raton location is definitely open on Sunday.....
2.gif

Yes - dress the part. Your appearance affects everything - how you're looked at by passerby's, the service you get in stores, etc. The people frequenting Worth Ave are the ones who actually wear Valentino on a regular basis and wouldn't be caught dead with last year's Ferragamo bag.
22.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:58:31 PM
Author: widget
Thanks, Starryeyed...sounds like a great tip. If I get there, I''ll definitely look for that EC for you...

widget

PS ''dress the part'' for Worth Avenue??? Oh dear...
32.gif
...lol
I have to agree with this statement. We have been a few times and I was not dressed to the nines and I didn''t have this years Ferragamo bag...OR last years for that matter.

I do have to say that the people in Kaufman de Suisse are pretty nice about letting you try stuff on but the guy who works there (one of the owners) is MUCH nicer than the woman. I tried on a few things the first year and by the time we got home from our trip, there was a letter waiting for us with photos of my favorites. THAT''S service. But I think Graff''s is my favorite high end store for now, although the folks in PB were not as friendly as those in Chicago.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 10:09:59 AM
Author: starryeyed
Check out their website: Provident Jewelry. Don''t pay any attention to the ''retail prices'' they quote. They are an estate dealer and have a huge collection of diamond rings. You can totally ''deal''.
HI:

Any examples to share? These is a pretty imperial topaz necklace that has caught my eye....
31.gif

cheers--Sharon

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well....that was a bust!
29.gif

I arrived at SFO yesterday at 7:30am (meaning I started my day REALLY early
14.gif
) to learn that my flight had been cancelled due to all the weather in the Northeast. In spite of the agent''s best efforts to re-route me, even into Miami or Ft.Lauderdale, nothing could be found. I was so upset and disappointed!

All packed up with nowhere to go, I decided to take a shuttle to San Francisco and spend the night. Had a good time, and sucessfully unloaded a big parcel of old jewelry that I wanted to sell.

Just got home. Off now to deal with Yahoo Travel and see what has become of my "non-refundable ticket...

widget

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Oh Man! Widget, so sorry to hear you didn''t make it to Palm Beach. You are probably lucky though - the weather was horrible and everywhere was jammed. I felt freezing cold the whole time. This was a big weekend for FL - the Daytona 500, the Miami Boat Show, the Palm Beach Antique, Art & Jewelry Show, President''s Day weekend, school vacation....way too many people around.

You will probably be better off going another time when the weather is better and you can get a dinner reservation!

Sharon, right off the top, Provident was willing to do 35% off Rap for me on an estate piece and I wasn''t even negotiating hard. This was less than half of their "retail" and less than what I could find comparable on PS. You have to be educated and know what you''re looking at is the only caveat. Did you call them on the imperial topaz?
31.gif

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I love West Palm, I hope you get to go. The jewelry is gorgous. You really can''t go wrong just wandering around with all the jewelry shops there. I would add that Chanel sometimes has some really neat fine jewelry pieces in that particular botique.

Other than Hermes, notorious in that location for its bad service, I haven''t had a problem with service in West Palm, then again I haven''t really done much jewelry shopping. People do dress really well there so if you have some fabulous shoes and bags it would be the time to bring them out. Its not a sneakers and cut offs sort of place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results