shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Mandarine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine,

What can I say, you''ve inspired me!!!I know it''s been a while since you made those world class invites, but I was wondering if you could tell me where you purchased the tags that you put on your ribbon and if you had them printed at Kinko''s along with the invites( and any other details you think might be helpful for an amateur).

Thanks!
9.gif

LL

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not Mandarine obviously, but I might be able to help you out since I''ve been researching the hee-haw out of those labels.

You can get 2.5 by 2.5 squares from www.cardsandpockets.com (or they might be 2.25 square...I can''t remember). I''m using those as my "mat", and I''m putting all of my guests names on a smaller square that is a different color. Since you can''t print on small squares I''m printing on 8.5 x 11 sheets and then cutting them (argh...lots of cutting).

So bottom line is that if you want any printing on your little squares, you will have to print on large sheets, then cut to size. The cardsandpockets ones are very cute, but they are not meant to be printed on.

Hope this helps!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I know Mandarine is posting reguarly over in the TTC thread in Family and Home. You might have better luck getting her attention there!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
aww, thanks!!
9.gif
9.gif

Someone told me I was being paged and I got all excited!
4.gif

Are you talking about the tags around the pocketfolds?. If so, I cut each one by hand and used the same cardstock form the invites. I printed everything at a local print shop and Kinkos. I sounds tedious, but it wasn''t too bad. I did the measurements based on the width of the ribbon. Before printing on the 8.5 x 11, I made cut marks on the paper so I could see where I needed to cut. After cutting them, I used "Glue dots" (the ones with the vertical lines), to glue the two together.

The main piece of adice I have for that process is to make sure you are not glueing it too tight because it will make the ribbon look funny once it is in the pocketfold. You wanted to hug the pocket nicely, not strangle it (as I did with my first few samples
2.gif
)

I had a lot of fun doing my invites (as I think you can see from my posts while I wa sin the process!)...so have fun with it and get creative
9.gif

M~

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Can I just say that...........YOU ALL GREAT......

Mandarine, thanks for your lightning speed response and guidance.

Lanie and Clairitek you both are fabulous, thank you!
2.gif

:)
LL

teapot

Shiny_Rock
If you plan to print up your invites, I recommend going to Staples or something similar. Where I live, the kinko employees are slow and not very helpful. Staples printed up sample for me and didn''t even charge me for my samples and they were really helpful and I got a rewards check for my print job.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results