shape
carat
color
clarity

"Overwhelmed Bride" Vent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
We are getting married this September and really have done quite a bit of planning in terms of vendors, our std''s are in progress and we''re on track to have a beautiful wedding.

Recently, due to a ton of stress at work, long overtime for months, and FI''s working full time while going to grad school I have been feeling so guilty about not doing more. In terms of DIY, I could do a lot, like invites, and plan a lot of little extras, etc. but I just don''t have time. I keep thinking because i ''could'' do something (i.e i''m crafty and would love to do my own paper stuff) that I''m bad or lazy because I''m not. That is just one example.

I know that''s not the case at all, but I just had to vent. I appreciate this board and seeing all the beautiful weddings that happen. I guess I just need to focus on the few things that are huge to us about our day and let the pros do everything else!

I think I need to stay off of the Knot for a while, sometimes I feel sooooo inadequate.

thanks for letting me vent. and i hereby swear to ''not sweat the small stuff''.....keep telling myself that!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, you need to not sweat the small stuff, and definitely take a break from the Knot, etc. You''re both working a lot, trying to make time for each other probably, not to mention other everyday circumstances, so please don''t beat yourself up about not having things done!

I''m not one to procrastinate, but I have to say so many of these wedding planning things can really be separated and finished within a weekend. If you just sort of map out what tasks need to be done, and designate certain times to do them, you''ll be ahead of the game right there. All it takes is a little time management and you''ll be fine. If it gets down to the point where you think you won''t have time to do certain things, then that''s when you call in the bridal party for reinforcement, lol!

Labbie, you''ll be f ine, and you''ll have a beautiful wedding. Don''t let the knotties getcha down!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Labbie, it sounds like the planning is going well! I think you have to balance the planning w/the rest of your life. I have a lot going on now too so I''m trying to take care of one thing at a time. I still browse around getting ideas for other things but I try to accomplish one task and then pick the next one, giving myself a deadline. This has helped a bit. You''re definitely not bad or lazy, the reality is, you do have a life outside of wedding planning! That''s ok, or at least I think so... I''m partially biased since I''m planning too but I''m trying hard not to drive myself crazy, not to listen to others and enjoy this time.. well, sort of!

You''re doing fine!!! Just take a deep breath and allow yourself to relax.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
thanks you guys,
i am feeling much better today,

and really getting excited.
i''m sure once we get the std''s out and pick out invites and register for precana
i will feel much better. target date for all those were the end of Feb- fast approaching.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Labbie,
What''s precana?

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, Precana is the catholic version of premarital "workshop"/classes.

The classes fill up quickly so we have got to get on the ball and sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results