shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Story a.k.a. Proposal is coming in - 64 days. a.k.a. He has the ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Since I am new, I thought I would start my membership here by giving a snippet of who I am and what brings me here!

I am 21 from Toronto, ON. I am currently finishing up a 4 year degree/diploma program and have applied for a 2-year MA program. As a side note - - They called me yesterday and said they were impressed with my application and I have an interview on Saturday!! YAY!!

Anyway, I have lived in residence for all 4 years of university.. In first year, during reading week, a boy moved in at the end of the hall :) That is how I meet my wonderful boyfriend! At the time, I had a boyfriend and he had a girlfriend but it was evident that we liked each other and there was some sort of spark there... So, after moving on from our last relationships we moved our friendship to the next level. In a way I guess you could say the rest is history :) Before making it official 2 years ago, we already discussed marriage and a future, as we *knew* we were the ones for each other.

So, fast forward to the end of 2008 when we discussed our time line officially and decided to get engaged before I finished my semester. Well, now, that is 64 days away! - - Yes, I am counting down until school is done! Anyway, I know it will not be as late as the beginning of April because he respects that I have exams and all. And so.. it is coming!! Soon!!

However, we''ve got a lot of stuff between now and then (wedding, christening, my interview etc.) which I feel puts time constraints but he says it just encourages him to be creative!

Annnnd... Even more exciting... even though we didn''t go ring shopping together, from discussions he sounds to know what I like better than I do - - which is great, because I find it SUCH a big decision. I know he was interested in getting it made.. as he felt what he was seeing in stores "wasn''t perfect or unique enough" (his words, not mine :razz:) so something possessed me to ask him on Monday night whether he had decided what to do..

The conversation went like so:

Me: So, can you tell me if you have decided to get it made or are you just buying it?
Him: You''ll have to wait and see!
*insert coy teasing about how he won''t tell me // him asking me if I really want to know*
Him: Okay.. well, it''s a combination.
Me: How does that work?
Him: All I''ll tell you is it''s a combination between buying it and getting it made.
Me: You can''t do that! [playing dumb to receive more hints!]
Him: Well, I did!.... I mean... Sure... I mean... I will... I mean... Oh darn, no more questions :razz:

He he he he he he.. HE HAS THE RING :) :)

Anyway, thank you for reading my story! That is just a bit about us to give some context of things :) I am excited and I look forward to being part of the LIW group for now!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Another relationship that started out in a college dorm hall -- there''s been a few of these lately, my own included. Thanks for sharing your story.
1.gif
64 days is so soon! Enjoy the last few weeks of waiting -- so exciting!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you wont be with us LIW's for very long at all! I'm very excited for you. My boyfriend is similar in the fact that he seems to know what I like *better* than I do somehow when it comes to rings. Which is good because then I don't have to go too/too crazy over it like I have in the past...
20.gif
I like to have some say in it, but I love that he wants to do it on his own and surprise me with it.
31.gif
It seems so romantic! And, it appears he has good taste too from what he has pointed out........yay!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you guys sounds like a great couple! I''ll personally be on the look out for your engagement story!

Welcome to LIW!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful! This is like a little teaser they give you during the movie trailer...

Can''t wait to see how it all plays out!!!

and WELCOME!
35.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! It was so fun to share our story!

mscushion
Sometimes we ponder if we had chosen to go to different schools how different our lives would be! It''s nice to hear of love that lasts out of the dorms as well!

Dreamgirl
Hehe! I won''t be here too long but I can already tell I''ll enjoy it. It''s funny how calm they are about the process eh? I get all nerved-up just looking at all the drool-worthy photos cause I''m like I CAN''T DECIDE!! AH! It''s good that you know he has good taste too. My boyfriend has been known to say he likes certain not-so-nice rings to try to throw me off :razz:

Bia
I love your display picture! So cute! Thank you for the welcome and saying we sound like a great couple. I consider myself very lucky, that''s for sure! And I can''t wait to share our engagement story with you and everyone else. He''s told me an idea he had that made it into the ''not-good-enough'' pile and that on its own was unbelievable so I really can''t wait!!

tlh
Hehe! A movie trailer! I wish :) I think any of the LIWs lives would make an awesome movie! We should make a reality show about the forum :razz:

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
64 days is not long at all! I''m so excited for you :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s so cute - I think its so funny how they think they are being all subtle, but really, not so much.

Good luck on the rest of your semester!!

smiles

Shiny_Rock
Hey nail_polish!!!!

As a fellow Torontonian I can guess that you do not go to York or else you wouldn''t be done in 64 days!!!!!
2.gif
2.gif

Your news is so exciting!!!!! :):):):)

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

misskitty
You''re right.. it isn''t long! Thanks so much :)

AmberGretchen
Thanks for the good luck wishes! I am looking forward to moving on to bigger and better things! And it is really funny; they try SO hard to be ambiguous and then when you least expect it *WAPOW* we get something outta them! I am happy though, I don''t want any of the surprise spoiled :)

smiles
Hey Smiles! You''re a Torontonian too?! How awesome is that! I didn''t think there were many Canadians on the board. You''re right though, I don''t go to York! And, with utmost respect to them - I am glad. Somewhere in the next 64 days is long enough for me! :)

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome nail_polish!

That''s funny that smiles mentioned York because I was going to say the same thing!!! In in the GTA too (Oakville) My BF and I met at McMaster while I was doing my Masters program and he was finishing undergrad. I almost didn''t go back to Mac for grad school and he should have graduated the year before but he took a year off to travel, so we also think about what would have happened if we had made slight changes in our life plans...

Enjoy your time here...and the rest of school. You''re in the home stretch...for now!
9.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
64 days will FLY by!
36.gif

Welcome to the LIW group!
35.gif

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
I'm excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear about how he proposes!!! Tell him to do it sooner, so I don't have to wait 64 days to hear about the proposal...
2.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute story! It looks like you''ll be on and off the LIW list pretty quickly! Cant wait to hear how he proposes!

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

sammyj
Thanks for the encouragement! That is such a cute story about you and your boyfriend too! My BF is from Hamilton :) What a small world.. Hehe. I suddenly don''t feel so far away knowing there are Torontonians and you now from Oakville!

Winks_Elf
Thanks Melissa :)

Wistful Aurora
Thanks for your excitement :) I can''t wait to share the proposal! I will definitely tell that you can''t wait :razz: I''ll let you know his response :) I told him that I was so excited to post our story on here and he thought it was really cute that I am getting involved with my ''wedding-****''.. He he.

SailorsSweet<3
It is a quick time on the list but I know I''ll enjoy it :) :)

damo256

Rough_Rock
Sometimes we ponder if we had chosen to go to different schools how different our lives would be! It''s nice to hear of love that lasts out of the dorms as well!

My FF and I met in college too! We were next door neighbors. It''s actually a little scary that if only the housing office had drawn our names out of that hat differently, we may never have met. FF says it must be destiny, I think we dodged a bullet. Good thing we ended up meeting!! 8 years later, we thank our lucky stars!!

9.gif

Welcome to the board and may your wait be short and sweet!

D

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Cute!! Looking forward to your update very soon!
5.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

damo256
Aw! That is so cute :) After the relationships that we saw come and go at res.. I thought we were the only ones who made it! Thanks for sharing :) You are new too - I like new people! :razz: I feel like we''re all a little cohort on our own :)

fuzzers
Thanks so much :) I love the ring in your display pic!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like your stay on the LIW is going to be prety short & sweet! Yay for you!

It''s awesome that you think he knows what kind of ring you''ll like better than you do! Hehe. That says something about his love for you right there!

I look forward to more post from you!
1.gif
9.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

inhisarms17
Thanks! And you''re right.. that on its own says a lot. Thank you for the reminder! :) I look forward to posting more too :)

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
oh my! your story is so similar to mine! =)

MAKE SURE YOU POST THE PROPOSAL STORY + RING =D

I met my boyfriend in the dorms too! He HELPED ME MOVE IN! He was the first person I met in college =). We were just really good friends for the first two years, then junior year in January we started dating! =)

Since then he's moved away to NY to go to med school =P so we're doing coast-coast long distance, and I'm applying to Master's programs in piano--hopefully I'll get into NY, my auditions are coming so soon this month =P

we're just waiting kinda to see where I end up for school, and waiting for somehow our finances to all line up, since we're both students too. The ring is currently being made though! =) *excited* I lovingly helped him spend a huge amount of money for my ring.
30.gif
hehe.. then again, "huge amount" is all relative =)

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:51:27 AM
Author: rosebud10
oh my! your story is so similar to mine! =)

MAKE SURE YOU POST THE PROPOSAL STORY + RING =D

I met my boyfriend in the dorms too! He HELPED ME MOVE IN! He was the first person I met in college =). We were just really good friends for the first two years, then junior year in January we started dating! =)

Since then he''s moved away to NY to go to med school =P so we''re doing coast-coast long distance, and I''m applying to Master''s programs in piano--hopefully I''ll get into NY, my auditions are coming so soon this month =P

we''re just waiting kinda to see where I end up for school, and waiting for somehow our finances to all line up, since we''re both students too. The ring is currently being made though! =) *excited* I lovingly helped him spend a huge amount of money for my ring.
30.gif
hehe.. then again, ''huge amount'' is all relative =)

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!

Aw rosebud10! That is such a cute story! Our stories are so similar! I was the first person my bf met... Since he moved in during reading week, res was pretty much dead.. Our entire floor was empty ''cept him and I.. I saw the door dead bolted and thought.. ''Hmm... a ghost'' so I knocked and introduced myself :)

Anyway, good luck to you too! And good luck with your auditions! I have my interview for the masters program of my dreams tomorrow.. So nervous! But excited! But nervous! But excited.. he he he! :)

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, I HOPE YOU GET IN! =)

I HOPE I GET IN TO NY!!!!

EEEEEE~! Best wishes for me and you!

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:47:48 PM
Author: rosebud10
Oh my goodness, I HOPE YOU GET IN! =)

I HOPE I GET IN TO NY!!!!

EEEEEE~! Best wishes for me and you!

A million thank yous! I am so nervous!

But yes, for sure, best wishes for BOTH of us!!

Back to preparing for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results