shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion piece - woman “shamed” for her choice of ring

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
So there is an article in the British press today about a woman who was “shamed” on Facebook for her choice of wedding / engagement jewellery.

The piece is certainly unusual.

So what are your views? Hideous - needs to be melted down immediately? Not my style but if it makes her happy...? Love it, what an incredible heirloom piece?

7E09C665-C74A-460B-8B32-DE691E9349E9.png

I have to say the comments did make me chuckle.

A4871553-4369-4D34-B47C-8B0A4E86D4D4.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not my style but who am I to judge what she wears? If she loves it more power to her. None of my business. As that quote goes “you do you” and “what other people think of me is none of my business”. Works both ways.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's kind of weird, but so what? People vary :P2

There is an 'ugly rings' thread on PS somewhere.............

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It's kind of weird, but so what? People vary :P2

There is an 'ugly rings' thread on PS somewhere.............

Someone mentioned that thread before - I would like to find it! Lol

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Would I choose it? Doesn't matter. Is it my ring? No, it is not.
I like that she wanted something that was hers. It's an avant garde and bold choice.
Opinions are like a_____, everybody has one. I'd rather be polarizing than cookie cutter if this is what cookie cutter does. All I'm seeing is a lack of imagination and heap of conformity from the reactions she received. How boring.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I don’t even think it's that out there. There is a single white centrestone; that part is pretty mainstream.
If those commenters saw what I wear as my wedding ring, they would probably have a stroke.

It’s kinda cool. I would prefer it if the band was the one with the pink sapphires and the ring was all diamonds because I think it adds more versatility (I wouldn’t want my set to clash with my clothes, so I’d like the option of switching out my coloured stone band) but otherwise it’s cool! Agree it screams RHR more (to me) than an ering but it’s not like it’s some hideous monster out to eat your kids lol. Also to the FB commenter who called it “bling Tetris” or whatever - joke’s on you, that sounds more like a compliment than an insult :lol:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'd pass on it because I don't think the the irregular touches work but those commenters, meow! Is it from one of those Facebook ring shaming sites?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don‘t understand how someone can feel they can criticize someone’s engagement ring. It may not be something you could see yourself wearing...but you won’t be wearing it. If I felt I had to comment on it because the person asked me what I thought of it..lt would be tricky but I would find something nice about it and comment on that. People ganging up on someone’s choice in anything is very middle school and just plain mean. What’s bad is someone says something mean and other people jump on it and agree..It’s very easy to do when you’re hiding your true identity...

I'd pass on it because I don't think the the irregular touches work but those commenters, meow! Is it from one of those Facebook ring shaming sites?

Seems to be - the source says “facebook - that’s it, I’m ring shaming”. To me the concept of ring shaming is fine if you’re posting your own ring to make fun of it, but it’s out of line if you post someone’s else’s. Like that’s not cool.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone mentioned that thread before - I would like to find it! Lol

I found it.....

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Live and let live or in this case, wear and let wear. I appreciate anyone who isn’t afraid to rock their own aesthetic.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I found it.....

OMG I'm on page 3 and the captions are what make it :lol-2: .

mjea

Shiny_Rock
“What you eat don’t make me sh*t, where’s the love?” — Jay-Z

Has anyone watched the Lubalin the vibe emporium on IG and YouTube? He takes internet drama from comments like this and makes it into super catchy songs. If you need a catchy laugh sure to get stuck in your head I recommend watching for a pick me up!!! :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“What you eat don’t make me sh*t, where’s the love?” — Jay-Z

I don't understand this--please explain

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I found it.....

So, am I the only one who went through the thread posted above, hoping none of my rings were featured? :p

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, am I the only one who went through the thread posted above, hoping none of my rings were featured? :p

Haha...right?
I think the premise of the thread is that they were all up for sale, so not currently being worn by anyone.
Great commentary on the rings, though!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haha! I’m afraid to look!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the style! Not sure about the quality of the stones but I think it’s fun and something that I would actually be drawn to for my 89th reset— provided all the melee was diamonds!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
The internet can be so catty and weird.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the set is lying together, as it's supposed to be, I think it's really, really nice. I love the geometric design of it. Maybe people are reacting to the photos where the two rings are parted? They're obviously meant to be worn snug together. If that had been the only photo, I don't think people would have been horrible about it at all. People just say so many stupid things for no reason. From the headline, I was expecting to see something truly ugly, like a ceramic lion's head on a band with some prey in its mouth, or something!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results