shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay now, all you pregnant (or at one time pregnant) laides, help me out here...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
So will you be making the appointment or POAS. That was meant to be a question... I''m using a new laptop and the question key is not working\! I''m really interested to know what''s going on.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Definitely take a test. If you live near a Dollar Tree, they sell pregnancy tests for $1. I bought 10 for the cost of 1 you'd buy in a grocery store and it made me feel a lot less guilty to test early/often. If you went to the doctor's office, the first thing they'd make you do is take a urine test anyway, something you could do for cheaper at home. You might want to see a doctor, however, if you go another couple of weeks without a period (especially if you're trying for a baby). Abnormally long cycles can indicate anovulation (ovulating late or not ovulating at all).

As for having long cycles after the pill, it happens a lot. My second cycle off the pill was 43 days. A few girls in my TTC group had cycles of 50+ days and one had a cycle of over 100 days.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that you need to take a test! Go right now and get one and let us see the results! Ebree is right - get them at the Dollar Store and so you won''t feel like you''re wasting money for taking a lot of them. I''m glad that you''re taking prenatals though. Take care of yourself!

Jess

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 11:46:54 PM
Author: EBree
Definitely take a test. If you live near a Dollar Tree, they sell pregnancy tests for $1. I bought 10 for the cost of 1 you''d buy in a grocery store and it made me feel a lot less guilty to test early/often. If you went to the doctor''s office, the first thing they''d make you do is take a urine test anyway, something you could do for cheaper at home. You might want to see a doctor, however, if you go another couple of weeks without a period (especially if you''re trying for a baby). Abnormally long cycles can indicate anovulation (ovulating late or not ovulating at all).

As for having long cycles after the pill, it happens a lot. My second cycle off the pill was 43 days. A few girls in my TTC group had cycles of 50+ days and one had a cycle of over 100 days.
True... actually, if you''ve gone off hormonal birth control in the last 6 months or so, most doctors won''t even see you until it''s been 60 days since your last period. Some say 90 days as a minimum! They''ll ask if you''ve taken a Home Pregnancy Test, and if you have and it''s negative, tell you to keep waiting. Eventually they can give you a prescription for Prometrium to jump-start things.

So no worries, Fisher... as long as you''re taking care of yourself, as Ebree said, you can probably wait another couple weeks. Considering how low your temps were when you took them (was that last week?) it''s definitely possible that this is just an anovulatory cycle for you.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious to see how you''re doing Fisher .. and if you''ve taken another test. I had my u/s Wed and I am in fact having TWINS!! I''m so excited and freaked out :) Anyway, I''ll be checking in on you..take good care of yourself!
jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I heard about that, Jen. How super exciting! I also read that you thought you''d dropped two eggs in your cycle, so do you think they are fraternal twins?

Good thing you just bought a new house. It''s gonna be a full one!
9.gif
9.gif

Take care of yourself!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
so fisher, you never answer the question...how''re things? Did AF arrive or did you test?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Definitely take a test. If you live near a Dollar Tree, they sell pregnancy tests for $1. I bought 10 for the cost of 1 you''d buy in a grocery store and it made me feel a lot less guilty to test early/often. If you went to the doctor''s office, the first thing they''d make you do is take a urine test anyway, something you could do for cheaper at home. You might want to see a doctor, however, if you go another couple of weeks without a period (especially if you''re trying for a baby). Abnormally long cycles can indicate anovulation (ovulating late or not ovulating at all).

I''m still getting the fuzzy outcome on the tests. There isn''t a line, but there is a smear of pink. I don''t know. No signs of anything, other than that.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 5:41:14 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly

I''m still getting the fuzzy outcome on the tests. There isn''t a line, but there is a smear of pink. I don''t know. No signs of anything, other than that.
Fisher- you need to see a dr. asap. Ask for a pregnancy blood test and in 48 hours or less, you''ll know what''s going on. Faint + positive pregnancy tests that don''t get any darker aren''t a good sign!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
It''s not even been a faint line, though. More like a smear. I think I''m about to being my period. I''ve been cramping today. Since I got over being sick, I''ve not felt any signs of a baby growing in me.

On a happy note, though, Paul and I were talking about putting up the winter clothes and a favorite jacket of mine that he just loves he was talking about missing. Then he said I could always wear it "next-next fall and winter." I asked, "next-next?" and he said yeah, because maybe we''ll be pregnant by the fall. It was so exciting to hear him talking like that, like it''s something he thinks about and is looking forward to, too.

9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
Awww... that''s so sweet.

I hope you find out what''s going on with your cycle soon, though.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I''m not growing a baby right now. I just found out today. I cried, which I guess was silly, but part of me really thought I was on the threshold of mommy-dom.

Ah well, some day, I shall be....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 7:39:32 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
I''m not growing a baby right now. I just found out today. I cried, which I guess was silly, but part of me really thought I was on the threshold of mommy-dom.

Ah well, some day, I shall be....
You will indeed Fisher. Have a good cry...you can''t help but feel what you feel and tell Paul that I said he needs to give you a little extra love today.
1.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Awww... fisher, I''m sorry. There were a couple times I thought I was pregant too (late taking a couple of pills) and kinda got myself excited about it, even though my brain said I couldn''t possibly be. It was still such a disappointment when AF came.
7.gif
So I know how you feel. But I''m sure you will be pregant one day..probably really soon too, once you guys officially start trying! Just take heart in that.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results