shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay....FI is not supposed to see the dress...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
on me....but, according to this "tradition" or whatever it is, can he see the dress at all? Like, say...in a magazine???

E B

Ideal_Rock
Whatever you feel comfortable with.

I showed my FH pictures of similar gowns, but he hasn''t seen my actual gown yet. Plus, I showed him *tons* of dresses so even if I had, he wouldn''t remember.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like Ebree said i''s whatever you feel comfortable with. my DF went shopiing for me ... everytime... The dress was for him, he''s a guy and isn''t good with details, and I wanted him to think I look beautiful. So he would tell me what he thought of the dresses, and I knew that by the time the wedding rolled around, he wouldn''t remember anything other than he liked it, it was white, and there were hundreds of them. LOL.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It''s up to you completely! I just wanted that jaw dropping face when he saw me in the dress for the first time. But I also wanted to share it with him, so it was conflicting. Show him if you want to, even if you''re wearing it!

*M*

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve showed pics of dresses on models to my FI, so it doesn''t bother me...but it''s definitely up to your own feelings on the matter.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for whatever works for you. All of my closest, most special girlfriends live 600 miles away and my mom couldn''t find the time to coming shopping with me, so John did. He went along for most of my fitting appointments as well. He loved my dress almost as much as I did, and that is what mattered to me! It was also a ton of fun. I was a bit disappointed my mom couldn''t come with me at the time, but now 5 months married, I am so glad it was him I got to take along.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
He didn''t see me until I walked down the aisle/sand. I wouldn''t have cared either way, but he''s funny in that he doesn''t want to test the limits of certain superstitions. Plus he trusted that I wouldn''t look horrible and freak him out.

It was worth it...he really couldn''t take his eyes off me. I think he was trying to figure out who the heck I was...I clean up nice!
3.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Unless I change my mind before buying, my FI has seen mine at the bridal show. I just fell in love with it when I saw it!
30.gif
He liked it.
5.gif
Am I disappointed that he saw the dress? A little... I really want him to be stunned when he sees me. But he hasn''t seen me in that dress, has he?
28.gif
31.gif
I''ll probably try to lead him off if I don''t change my mind, show him some more dresses I like.

If you show him a dozen of them, he won''t know which one''s your favorite!
27.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Like everyone else said, it is completely up to you. DH didn''t see my dress, but I wouldn''t have minded if he did.
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
My FI has seen a pic of my dress. I showed it to him. He wont actually see ME in the dress until the wedding though. I didnt think showing him a pic was a big deal- I wanted to get his opinion on it- he''s got great taste and he is my best friend, so why not? I wanted his input, and if anything, it just made me feel more sure that I made the right choice. I think its fine- do what you are comfortable with!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
even though Im not engaged yet, D and I was on the internet one night looking at dresses as a friend of ours is getting married. I emailed in some dresses to see which one he liked and he picked out my favourite! I dont know if I''d let him see me in the dress before the big day but I''d probably show him a picture of it. Might change my mind when I come around to buying one but for now I dont think I''d mind too much

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some girls like the total surprise element. I think the tradition is that he is not supposed to see you the day of the wedding, until you are walking down the aisle...

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
it''s funny b/c i am not super traditional (i refuse to do the bouquet or garder toss and a few other ''traditional things'') but for this one i am keeping the dress a secret. I have no idea why the groom is not supposed to see the bride before hand, but for me it is just for the element of surprise. We have been dating for over 10 years so I am liking the idea that some things will remain a mystery ;-)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH did not see my dress before the wedding (picture or otherwise). The thing about him is I am pretty sure he could care less about the dress. If I had shown him he probably would have said "nice" or something like that. It was more about the WHOLE picture than just the dress. I wanted him to see me in wedding mode (make-up/hair) and seeing his expression was worth keeping it a secret for *me*. If your FI gets a kick out of wedding details and you want his opinion you should show him. It is completely up to you.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I agree that it''s whatever you feel comfortable with.

He saw the dress on me before the wedding several times. He went dress shopping with me and was the one who first spotted that dress and said that it''d probably look good on me. He also saw me fully dressed before the legal wedding as we had our 1st wedding before the legal wedding...and we woke up in the same bed on both wedding mornings and spent the day together.

I think it''s whatever works for you as far as him seeing the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results