shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok ladies--- I need some suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so FI and I went to Disney last month to go over what we wanted to have for the wedding. Well, the centerpiece that we wanted is REALLY pricey and now I am not sure what I should do.

These are the ones that we had picked out (between 350 and 450 per centerpiece depending on the flowers & we need 10-12!)

Any pictures that you could offer would be great. I really want something with candles and flowers. It can be tall or short (but not to little- each table seats 12) and nothing with tapers (we arent aloud to have them)

Thanks soooooooo much for any help you could offer
emlove.gif

table idea.JPG

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Here are some quick things I''ve found on ebay...althought it might not be exactly what you''re looking for. I also have no idea what tapers means.
20.gif

No flowers, but maybe you could do something creative with them?
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-12-CANDLE-HOLDER-WEDDING-CENTERPIECES-NIB_W0QQitemZ270088955343QQihZ017QQcategoryZ102427QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also no flowers, but you could probably wrap some around the base and it would look BEAUTIFUL
http://cgi.ebay.com/20-WEDDING-CENTERPIECE-CANDELABRA-CENTERPIECES_W0QQitemZ140086178000QQihZ004QQcategoryZ51018QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is gorgeous, but it only comes with 3. However, maybe the seller has more?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wedding-centerpieces_W0QQitemZ170082516123QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3268QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You could probably do something wonderful with these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-WEDDING-CENTERPIECE-IRON-VOTIVE-CENTERPIECES_W0QQitemZ140086196888QQihZ004QQcategoryZ51018QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Can you give us an idea of what your budget is, and where you live-do you have access to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Kirklands? That is a very pretty centerpiece and I think it can be modified for less. What do you love about it, so we can help you recreate something similar. Is it an option to do votive candles underneath your arrangement-it seems it may be difficult to find a candelabra with glass globes on it.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Well our problem is we have to go through Disney but they can create pretty much anything that we want. I would LOVE to stay in the budget area of around 100-150 per table. I really just need ideas, I had my heart set on the ones that I originally posted but I just cant be okay with that price until I see what my other options are. Disney has alot of ideas but they of course are all in that 350-450 price range.

Luckystar- tapers are those long skinny candles that are about 10 -12 inches
2.gif

If i can find a new picture to send Disney they can recreate it (or at least tell me how much $ it will be to recreate it)
39.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure what they are charging you for-what kind of flowers are on those. But they must be charging a ridiculous amount for the candleabra. I found a website where they were selling these for about $150 each-something close to it anyway. Did they give you a breakdown of the cost? Maybe just do one on your table and something smaller or less grand on the other tables. They are beautiful, but seem way too much.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
since you really love them... and since for THAT price I''m assuming you get to KEEP them... you might want to have two of those up at your table - flanking the ends or one by the cake or something... and then do the rest in something more modest. What I *like* about these is that at eye level they''re not very intrusive and when you''re walking it will fill in and make an intimate look for each table.. but the price is insane. No way I''d pay that.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is the price breakdown that they gave us - 200 to RENT the candelabra and 200-250 for the flowers ( and there are no roses- Roses were $10 for ONE!!)

Gail- That is a good suggestion. I thought about that but I am not sure what I am looking for for the other ones
33.gif
Im not really sure what will look good...

E B

Ideal_Rock
That price is insane. 12 of those centerpieces is approximately 1/3 the cost of our entire wedding!
23.gif

What about a tall candle lantern (with a white pillar candle inside) with a wreath of flowers around it, similar to this:

candlewreath.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is also very pretty (and I imagine pretty cost-effective):

callaCP.jpg

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
OOO Ebree... I like both of those! Thank you!

I just need to look at a bunch of pictures to find what we should do. I feel like I have hit a wall with creativity or ideas... I come up blank!!
37.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Well I would think at Disney, that is what you are paying them for-creativity that is. There should be non stop, drop dead gorgeous ideas coming out of their Mickey Mouse Ears!
20.gif

I would also consider doing the candleabra thing and wrapping it with wired ribbon or beads-(way less than all flowers), and adding some hydrangea-I thought that would go with your color scheme if I rememeber. I have also seen some cool things done with some moss on them.

Can you bring in your own stuff for a fee-I would ask. Are you doing fairy dust anywhere-that may sound stupid but I know you love the Disney theme and the Cinderella Carriage you posted about a while ago reminded me of it......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results