shape
carat
color
clarity

Nuvaring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first month on nuvaring and I took it out on Sunday and still no signs of AF. Is this normal?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
For me, it usually takes 3 full days -- but since it's your first month, your body may need a little time to regulate on it. But if AF hasn't arrived by the time your doctor's office closes tomorrow, you might want to give them a call so you're not worrying all weekend. Also, I should add that you might not have typical signs of AF's pending arrival so don't be surprised to find that you don't notice right away when she gets here.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Yea its weird. I almost wish I didnt go back on I was so regular before 28 days every month, same day every fourth wednesday of the month.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha weird-I just started Nuvaring last month too and took it out Monday. I was a little concerned too, about when it would start but I got up to go to the bathroom last night and it came..it was about 48 hours or a bit more since I took out the ring. I read the info packet last night again since I was wondering when it would start, and it did say it could take a few days. I had NO cramping or any other signs whatsoever, and it''s been really super light so far! I''d call your Dr''s office just to make sure it''s ok if you still haven''t gotten it!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I take mine out on Friday mornings and my period doesn''t show up until Monday. Now that I''ve been on it over a year it doesn''t show up until Tuesday! Bye Auntie!
35.gif
1.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Well I will wait until tomorrow if still no auntie I might give a call to my doc!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
When I was on Nuvaring it came exactly 3 full days later. It was like clockwork every month. I''m sure it''s different for every person though.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have kind of an awkward question about nuvaring...

Has yours EVER come out other than when you take it out? I have a friend who had an incident while being.. intimate.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
It didnt come out but it was weird so I went back on the pill!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
OUPear, yes it has, but only a couple times. Not so bad when you consider that I''ve been on it for 4 1/2 years. Luckily FI thinks such things are hilarious, but I can see how it would be awkward in a situation other than our practically-an-old-married-couple one
23.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been on the Nuvaring for over two years I believe, and if I take it out on Sunday I used to see something on Thursday nights but now it''s usually Friday possibly mid-day.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:25:47 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Ok, I have kind of an awkward question about nuvaring...

Has yours EVER come out other than when you take it out? I have a friend who had an incident while being.. intimate.

We had an incident and it was quite uncomfortable. Not uncomfortable like oh I feel awkward- uncomfortable like-it hurt. I''m hoping this isn''t a regular occurrence!

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
I tried the nuva ring and it was awful. I think my body was rejecting it as a foreign object, no matter how it was placed it always managed to move and become awkward and uncomfortable. It also came out while FI and I were spending quality time together
31.gif

I switched back to the pill. There was absolutely nothing that I liked about the nuva ring. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me cringe.

oops eta: Once I took it out I got af within a day, but I wasn't even on it for a full cycle so that could be why.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I was on Nuvaring for about 2 years and had no probs with it. AF usually came 3-4 days after taking it out.

Never came out during other times, and only a couple times did I have any discomfort from it right after I put it in.

A friend of mine was just telling me the other day that she takes hers out before she gets intimate and then puts it back in...which sounded really strange to me, but I guess it works for them.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Tick-tock still no AF...I would be worried but I am not because there is NO WAY I am preggo.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Like a lot of the other posters, mine takes 48-72 hours. Usually on the morning of day 3. I''ve never had a comfort issue with it unless i don''t insert it correctly, and that''s an easy fix.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Um well its been like six days now and today I saw something...less than spotting, more like a speck of blood. Weird!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
I was on it for over a year and LOVED it! I thought it was the greatest thing ever! I got off if it b/c I was living overseas and it was hard to get. A few months later I got back on and I had so many problems! I had horrible face acne/breakouts..aches/pains in my legs..and a few other things..but the weirdest thing of all were my boobs(I''m being politically correct right
2.gif
. They blew up and were so hard it was like I had bad implants(i have no implants)..you could have bounced a quarter off of ''em. Even DH noticed. It was okay for while but then it got a little annoying because they were so tight and big the skin was stretching. (I''m sure this is too much info..sorry) I went to DR & she said she assumed I was having a reaction to it..hmmm ya think? She was mainly concerned w/ the leg pains b/c of clots so I went off of it..well all BC. We are super careful now b/c DH said it wasn''t worth it to my health. I was so disappointed b/c I loved it.(I HATE taking pills)

Like some of you I did experience a "situation" while being friendly w/ DH as well.

As for AF, It came like clockwork a few days after it was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results