shape
carat
color
clarity

Nursing Covers and Nursing Bras

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
These are two of the last few items that I need to purchase before my baby arrives in 5 weeks. I am wondering what brands for each of these items do you ladies prefer. In terms of nursing covers I checked out some nursingcoverboutique.com but since there are so many I need some feedback. I looked in Medela nursing bras but then someone told me that Motherhood bras are really good. What are you opinions?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think many of the ladies use nursing bras and covers. The nursing tanks from Target are highly recommended. So much that I never even tried a nursing bra. I have 4 pairs of nursing tanks and love them. Before I went back to work I lived in them. I still wear them most of the time now! They are comfy, convenient, easy to use, and I like the belly coverage. As for nursing covers, I bought this one from Target (I had a gift card, saw it, and bought it. I should have looked at the reviews!). It sucks! Very awkward to use and doesn''t provide any belly coverage. I only used it for maybe a month. If you get a nursing cover, make sure it''s long to provide belly coverage. I much rather use a blanket or just wear a shirt over my nursing tank and that provides enough coverage so I can nurse discretely. I don''t have any brand recommendations for nursing bras and covers but hope this helps.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate the nursing tanks...I think if you''re a bit bigger on top they just provide no support.

I really like some of the nursing bras from Target for cheaper ones and the Bravado ones for more expensive ones. I do like to wear a stretchy tank under my clothing so that I can avoid exposing my entire stomach to everyone when I nurse though!

I just use a blanket to cover on public.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Target nursing tanks for maternity leave and lounging at home.
I puffy heart the Bravado Designs microfiber nursing bra, so comfy. Itried on Target''s ones, but the material is not as soft.
I do use nursing cover b/c I am just not coordinated or careful enough to use a blanket or nothing. I just got a knock off ones on ebay for $15. Works just as well. I don''t know if it''s b/c DD has a small head or what, but there''s no way it would cover up my breast while BFing.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I second the Bravado bras, especially the microfiber nursing bra. I bought cheapies from Target but quickly realized they didnt offer the support I needed and I am small (full C engorged). They are the only ones I've worn and have held up well to 18mos of use and all the size changes that come with nursing that long (still wear the same size). I also learned I liked the clips vs snaps... I was always accidently unsnapping the snaps. FYI -- many hospitals sell nursing bras too and can properly fit you.

As for a cover, I highly recommend Bebe Au Lait/Hooter Hider nursing covers (two names, same company). They are larger (more fabric) than any other cover I have come across in a store and I love all the fabric choices. It also features a little piece of boning in the front that allows you to see baby and them to see you and its nice for ventilation. I had latch issues in the beginning and being able to easily see made latching very easy for me vs a blanket which was my original plan. There is also a neat little pocket in one of the corners for holding things like pacifiers or a nipple shield. I recently bought a few for friends from this site (they are going out of business--cant beat $25).

Good Luck!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t get underwire. Don''t spend too much money. I lived in the Target nursing tanks.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
any old nursing bra - I haven''t gone shopping this time - just dragged out the ones I had from last time around
25.gif

as for a cover ( I assume a ''nursing cover'' is a little blanket to give you breastfeeding privacy in public), I would just take a light and pretty scarf along with me in the nursing bag...arranging the scarf over a wriggling baby can still be a pain, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results