shape
carat
color
clarity

Not a BIW, but

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a wedding invitation in the mail today and on the RSVP there were instructions to email the reply to an email address my friends had set up for the wedding. Sorry if this is old news, but I''d never seen this before and thought it was so clever - easier, quicker way to keep track of the replies and such?

And I just wanted to say that I enjoy all of your threads so much, I''m definitely learning a lot! Although I''m not even engaged yet, I have almost everything I want for the wedding picked out already - yup, I''m one of those *hangs head in shame* It''s just so fun though
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
For the brides that are willing to go against the grain its certainly an eco-friendly (and wallet friendly with so much less postage to buy) way to gather responses!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
JJC, I bet a lot of us were in your same position, so don''t worry. I know I was!

One of the main things about the email reply is that older people are less likely to reply this way out of either trepidation over the internet/emailing or because of the Old Rules. It is definitely cost effective though.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:18:36 AM
Author: Clairitek
For the brides that are willing to go against the grain its certainly an eco-friendly (and wallet friendly with so much less postage to buy) way to gather responses!

That''s what I was thinking!
1.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:26:32 AM
Author: Lanie
JJC, I bet a lot of us were in your same position, so don''t worry. I know I was!

Thanks Lanie!
9.gif

One of the main things about the email reply is that older people are less likely to reply this way out of either trepidation over the internet/emailing or because of the Old Rules. It is definitely cost effective though.

That''s so true too. Thank you, I learned something new from this board again!
35.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
We are having our guests RSVP via our wedding website. It has a section set up for RSVPs and we thought it was a cheaper, easier, and eco friendly way to do it. It even exports the responses to an Excel file for me!

We did think about the older guests though. We have a list of guests that may have an issue with our online RSVP so my mom and FMIL are going to call these older guests (there are very few) and say "Hi! I just wanted to make sure you received GC and GCFI''s wedding invitation, we are so excited and hopefully you can make it. I don''t know if you saw that they are doing this new fangled online RSVP, so if you just want to let me know if you are going to be able to come I can just tell GC so you don''t have to figure it out." We hope this will help with any senior-confusion :)

My sister thought about doing half and half. Half online RSVP and half response cards for the older guests. I''m not sure what she has decided (she is getting married 2 months before us). I know when we have had the option to RSVP online or send back a card, we always RSVP online- much easier!
1.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
This is how we''re doing our RSVPs. As you said - eco-friendly and wallet friendly!

I think we''re going to go with having a tree planted for each guest for our favors as well
9.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:35:13 AM
Author: GoingCrazy29
We are having our guests RSVP via our wedding website. It has a section set up for RSVPs and we thought it was a cheaper, easier, and eco friendly way to do it. It even exports the responses to an Excel file for me!

That''s so cool!!

My sister thought about doing half and half. Half online RSVP and half response cards for the older guests. I''m not sure what she has decided (she is getting married 2 months before us). I know when we have had the option to RSVP online or send back a card, we always RSVP online- much easier!
1.gif

I''m thinking this is what my friend did too. I like this online RSVP idea
1.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:14:30 PM
Author: Aloros
This is how we''re doing our RSVPs. As you said - eco-friendly and wallet friendly!

I think we''re going to go with having a tree planted for each guest for our favors as well
9.gif

That''s awesome!
36.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
And one more question for the BIW - I''d never bought online off a couple''s registry before (always just went in to the store), and when I went to checkout the default shipping address was the couple''s, it was already saved in the system. So I sent it directly to them - was that the right thing to do? I thought maybe she just wanted to really streamline everything? But I''m worried that they''re going to get an ugly brown box with an invoice inside
33.gif

Her wedding sure is throwing me for a loop...but she totally is a ''go against the grain'' kinda bride
2.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 5:00:43 PM
Author: jjc
And one more question for the BIW - I''d never bought online off a couple''s registry before (always just went in to the store), and when I went to checkout the default shipping address was the couple''s, it was already saved in the system. So I sent it directly to them - was that the right thing to do? I thought maybe she just wanted to really streamline everything? But I''m worried that they''re going to get an ugly brown box with an invoice inside
33.gif

Her wedding sure is throwing me for a loop...but she totally is a ''go against the grain'' kinda bride
2.gif

In most cases, the couple gets to choose if they want shipping to their home as an option. I personally think it is a smart idea, because it saves them having to tote the gift around from location to location. Plus, it saves you $10 on wrapping. From my understanding, it will come with a gift receipt and not an invoice (though, by setting up the registration, they will know what it costs anyways).

Sounds like a really smart couple to me! I love the idea of an e-mail rsvp (and invite even).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results