shape
carat
color
clarity

No photos please!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
My son is 13 months old, he is an expert crawler but not yet walking however he is into EVERYTHING at the moment. Yesterday he skidded on a rug and gave himself a big carpet burn on the chin, this morning he speed crawled off of two stairs just off of the main landing while I was sat right next to him so the poor little bear has a black eye. Now, at bathtime he stood up and just as I leant to get the shampoo he flung his arms up in the air and torpedoed himself head first out of the bath! Now he has a matching bruise on his head. My poor little Henry is in bed now fast asleep and my nerves are shot! Boys. :-o

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Apologies for overuse of the word now - I told you my nerves were shot! :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I think smarter kids have more novelty-seeking behavior. Your little Henry is probably very smart.

When my older son was 10 months of age, he learned how to crawl out of his crib and plop on my bed which was moved next to it for security. The first time he did it, he nearly squashed me. The bottles that I used at that time (22 years ago) were good but made of glass, so one night he did not like the milk and threw the bottle out of his crib at me, it barely missed my head. When he was slightly younger, he learned to crawl out of his perambulator, and we had to secure the upper part of the perambulator with ropes, in a hammock-light way, and there were additional buttons. Well, once we took the perambulator out of the house, the top part tightly secured, into the sun, and my in-laws came to visit us, so we got distracted for a second, and he crawled out and fell into the grass! Luckily, it was grass.

It got worse when he was older, and I have the whole "rap sheet" of what he did in his life. Pushed the fire alarm button in the apartments, threw a bottle with toxic stuff at me, luckily, it did not hit my face. It is not that I was away, I was always there, but you can not always foresee what a boy is up to! And they are so quick. He was reading very well and whenever he saw a sign, "Do NOT", he'd do it! Kicked out of all clubs, all art groups, his French teacher dropped him because he tried to swing at her chandelier...

He is at Brown working at his Ph.D. now and I am still very much concerned...

My younger son is very calm and not accident-prone but he has learning disability and I think he is afraid of the world.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have twin brothers and we have virtually no nice photos of them from the ages of 1 to 4 because they were always bruised and banged up!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I am constantly in fear of someone on my usual bus routes calling social services due to the battered look of my daughter. She's 27 months and has already had 4 black eyes - all self-inflicted I may add - and two cut lips!

Currently she is sporting a newly grazed chin, grazed knees (new and old), a big bruise on her lower back where she fell over onto her toy ambulance yesterday and assorted other minor bruises.

We still take photos - and I photoshop the bruises out! :bigsmile:

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I know how you feel! My son is 3 and is also into everything and has been since he started rolling around. There's a never-ending supply of skinned knees, bruised elbows and bumped foreheads in our house. He is a daredevil - careening around our hardwood floors with slippery socks on, jumping on the couch/bed/bins for toys, wiping out on his bike outside, etc. It got really bad when he was just at the height of a doorknob - he would walk right into it giving himself a huge bruise on his face. Ugh! As Pandora said, I always feel like someone is going to take one look at the kid and call child protective services :-o I'm hoping my daughter (8 months) isn't as much of a daredevil as he is!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies ladies, very funny. Pandora I thought it was just the boys who were daredevils - clearly not!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results