shape
carat
color
clarity

Next five items on your jewelry buy list?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 11:26:31 AM
Author: TheBigT
I want Phoenix''s 7ct EC!!

I don''t have a list of 5 things, but what I''d really like is a small dangling diamond earring as a stud-alternative. I already have bezeled round studs and larger asscher studs, but I''ve been thinking about some small pave earrings that I could wear almost daily.
He he, I wish it was *mine*! [ drooling]

Do you have threads to these delicious-sounding bezelled round studs and larger asscher studs?

You know, I swear, we must have similar tastes, I just emailed Leon to enquire about the quote for pave''ing (if that''s even a word, LOL) my dear late mom''s 40 pointer each studs! I''d love to have these as an alternate to my BGD studs.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Dream items count too right? I could go on and on, but here''s my dream/wish list, no particular order
19.gif

1 Red diamond
2. Deep or vivid blue diamond
3. Deep or vivid green diamond
4. Violet diamond
5. Vivid pink diamond, or other awesome argyle pink - Moh 10 just got a pretty one!
6. OMC similar to my ring for a pendant
7. Kashmir sapphire
8. A nice type IIa diamond
9. platinum diamond bracelet (5 carats +)

Kroshka

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I have just one item on my wish list - a 5 ct tennis bracelet. I am hoping to receive it as a push present when our first child is born in Nov., so then I won''t have anything on my list for a while (which is good, since we won''t have any $ for a while after buying everything for baby). DH was planning to get it for my 30th in April, but due to the economy and job uncertainty I asked him to hold off on spending a lot at that time.

I also had diamond hoops on my list, but I just picked up a pair of Roberto Coin hoops at the Bailey Banks and Biddle liquidation sale for 40% off.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:52:45 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 6/24/2009 11:54:48 AM
Author: Miscka

Date: 6/24/2009 11:52:19 AM

Good thread!

1. A new setting for the five stone OEC band I bought (yes no one has seen this yet if you are wondering
2.gif
)

2. A diamond bangle

3. A rose gold baby fingerprint necklace (a double one) from here: https://www.cosafinajewelry.com/gallery.asp?galleryID=3&productID=140

That is my ''doable'' list for now...I think otherwise I''d rather spend money on our house!

OK, now, we need to see this 5 stone!!!

And I love that necklace! How sweet!

I may add KTIce''s mom''s 5 stone (in rose gold) to my list...NF that would be awesome with OECs!!!

Okkk I can give you a sneak pic! (And I have something very similar to KT''s ring in mind!)

This is with the current setting. I bought it mainly for the stones as I don''t love the side profile of the setting (it makes the stones jut out awkwardly when worn) but the price was totally fair even for just the stones IMO. They are .25-.30 each. The stones are incredibly well cut and perfect matches which as you know is REALLY hard to find in OEC''s.

(sorry for the mini-threadjack Gypsy!)
Whoa that''s not a thread jack. That''s a new item to my list.

Find a band like Neatfreaks. That is TO DIE FOR!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations on a gorgeous band. Can''t wait to see what you decide for re-set options!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 2:24:56 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 6/24/2009 12:52:45 PM

Date: 6/24/2009 11:54:48 AM

Author: Miscka

Good thread!

1. A new setting for the five stone OEC band I bought (yes no one has seen this yet if you are wondering
2.gif
)

2. A diamond bangle

3. A rose gold baby fingerprint necklace (a double one) from here: https://www.cosafinajewelry.com/gallery.asp?galleryID=3&productID=140

That is my ''doable'' list for now...I think otherwise I''d rather spend money on our house!

OK, now, we need to see this 5 stone!!!

And I love that necklace! How sweet!

I may add KTIce''s mom''s 5 stone (in rose gold) to my list...NF that would be awesome with OECs!!!

Okkk I can give you a sneak pic! (And I have something very similar to KT''s ring in mind!)

This is with the current setting. I bought it mainly for the stones as I don''t love the side profile of the setting (it makes the stones jut out awkwardly when worn) but the price was totally fair even for just the stones IMO. They are .25-.30 each. The stones are incredibly well cut and perfect matches which as you know is REALLY hard to find in OEC''s.

(sorry for the mini-threadjack Gypsy!)
Whoa that''s not a thread jack. That''s a new item to my list.

Find a band like Neatfreaks. That is TO DIE FOR!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations on a gorgeous band. Can''t wait to see what you decide for re-set options!

Hehe-you can help me! (And I''ll bring it this weekend.
31.gif
) And I wanna see your new pendant!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deal!

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
I'll play too:

1) Wedding rings from VC.

2) Star sapphire pendant and earrings similar to these.

3) Diamond huggie earrings like these.

4) Color change sapphire ring.

5) Faceted ruby ring.

ETA: It might take a while for me to complete all these projects, thought
15.gif
, and I'll probably make some less expensive purchases in between (since I'd like to start a color stone collection). Anyway, I hope one day I'll be able to get a natural & untreated faceted ruby of a nice size for an anniversary ring.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
1. I need help designing a new necklace, Gypsy and other designers
17.gif
I have two 15 point diamonds, five 20 pointers, and two 25 pointers to work with. I was considering a DBTY necklace, but am now thinking of something more creative. What that would be, I don't know. If anyone is interested in hellping out, I will start a new thread
2.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh, gosh -- some of these are some VERY long term goals... BUT:

1. a wedding band (well, this is not long term). Not yet decided on bead-set pave (to match my e-ring) or plain.
2. a bezeled 0.5 carat RB pendant
3. a three-stone right hand ring (this is where it gets long term)
4. 2 carat total weight RB stud earrings (yup, long term)
5. a cocktail ring with a 6 carat Richard Homer gem

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 3:47:17 PM
Author: risingsun
17.gif
I have two 15 point diamonds, five 20 pointers, and two 25 pointers to work with. I was considering a DBTY necklace, but am now thinking of something more creative. What that would be, I don''t know. If anyone is interested in hellping out, I will start a new thread
2.gif
Would love to help.

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
This is more of a wish list:

1. VCA turquoise butterfly
2. Thin sapphire eternity with milgrain
3. Bezel eternity with milgrain
4. OMC bezel pendent with milgrain
5. Cushion sapphire RHR with diamond bullets

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that after receiving my new WF shared-prong eternity ring a few weeks ago, my jewelry cravings have finally been satisfied (amazing!)

However, there are a couple of dream pieces that I would like, but I probably won''t be acquiring any of these for a couple of years, at least:

1. Three-stone emerald cut diamond ring - hopefully with 1.5 ct center and .5 ct trap sides, in a Leon Mege mounting (maybe this would make a great 25th anniversary gift down the road)

2. Three-stone Kashmir sapphire ring, with a 3-carat cushion cut sapphire, and half-moon diamond sidestones, in a Leon setting (maybe for our 10th anniversary)

3. I would eventually like to reset my ering, but right now I like my solitaire. I may want to reset it with baguette sidestones and double claw prongs, like a HW.

4. I have a .5 ct diamond solitaire pendant, but I have thought about resetting it in a halo setting like the Ritani Endless Love (WF does a nice one, and that won''t be an expensive project, so I''ll probably do it in a year or two)

5. I would love someday a graduated diamond necklace, all OECs, like Penelope Cruz wore to the Oscars. It was a single strand of prong-set diamonds, with the largest in the middle, in the front. It was so gorgeous! I''ll probably never actually own anything like that, but a girl can dream
emwink.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I cannot seem to focus on any one single project these days- all over the place!

1. Setting for my spess garnet (in the works!)

2. An interesting pendant involving my little half ct OEC

3. A tsavorite garnet

4. Mahenge spinel

2. Five stone anniversary ring (this will be a couple years down the line)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 8:17:53 AM
Author: geckodani
1. Scattered diamond ring.

D''oh! I totally forgot how much I wanted one of these! I''m thinking it would look kinda cool in rose gold. I''m on a rose gold kick these days.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This won''t be feasible at all anytime soon since I just bought other stuff I haven''t even recieved yet, but just for fun....
31.gif

1. .50 ctw diamond studs

2. .25 ctw diamond studs for second holes

3. Upgrade pendant in size and maybe color so it matches my e-ring better (which is really more of a mind-clean thing)

4. A tahitian pearl RHR

5. Some other pearl item. I''m CRAVING them since the pearl forum started.

SOMEDAY I''d love to have an emerald cut diamond RHR and some kind of sapphire/ruby ring, maybe a cabachon or star. But those will in no way possible be in my next five purchases. They won''t be in the next five years!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 4:05:23 PM

Date: 6/24/2009 3:47:17 PM
Author: risingsun
17.gif
I have two 15 point diamonds, five 20 pointers, and two 25 pointers to work with. I was considering a DBTY necklace, but am now thinking of something more creative. What that would be, I don't know. If anyone is interested in hellping out, I will start a new thread
2.gif
Would love to help.
Thank you, Gypsy
1.gif
I'll start a new thread tomorrow.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 1:05:29 PM
Author: Phoenix

I don''t have a list of 5 things, but what I''d really like is a small dangling diamond earring as a stud-alternative. I already have bezeled round studs and larger asscher studs, but I''ve been thinking about some small pave earrings that I could wear almost daily.

Do you have threads to these delicious-sounding bezelled round studs and larger asscher studs?

You know, I swear, we must have similar tastes, I just emailed Leon to enquire about the quote for pave''ing (if that''s even a word, LOL) my dear late mom''s 40 pointer each studs! I''d love to have these as an alternate to my BGD studs.

I actually don''t have threads for those earrings -- they were pre-PS purchases (or, rather, gifts) and I never thought to post them. But remember when I say "larger," I mean 2ctw, not Phoenix "larger"!
2.gif
The bezels were a gift for my 16th birthday, along with a bezelled solitaire pendant. And the asschers I got later on (is it terrible that I can''t remember the occasion?).

Someday, I do hope to have a micropave piece by Leon! I love looking at his catalogue... Can''t wait to see your new pave''d earrings!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 12:47:15 AM

Date: 6/24/2009 1:05:29 PM
Author: Phoenix

I actually don''t have threads for those earrings -- they were pre-PS purchases (or, rather, gifts) and I never thought to post them. But remember when I say ''larger,'' I mean 2ctw, not Phoenix ''larger''!
2.gif
The bezels were a gift for my 16th birthday, along with a bezelled solitaire pendant. And the asschers I got later on (is it terrible that I can''t remember the occasion?).

Someday, I do hope to have a micropave piece by Leon! I love looking at his catalogue... Can''t wait to see your new pave''d earrings!
9.gif
He he, you''re too funny!
9.gif

I''d LOVE to see pics of them. Would you mind posting them, pretty please?

I LOVE practically everything Leon makes. I have several of his ring and earring designs as my bookmarks. Also love his Asscher bracelet he has for sale, it''s absolutely TDF!!

I hope Leon will not quote me a high price to put these babies into a pave setting. Would give me a chance to wear my mom''s earrings.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Realistically, I only have one thing I want, a diamond pendant. However, if I were to win the lottery or inherit a ton of money, I'd get a RHR with either an Asscher, or one of GOG's old mine cushions. If there was enough, I might get both.
11.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
This is a very long term list:

1. an antique cushion in the 1.75-2 ct range
2. Leon solitaire setting for cushion
3. Eternity band to go with solitaire
4. OEC or asscher bezel pendant
5. Diamond stud earrings

Getting the antique cushion will be a long process of lots of upgrades b/c I am too cheap to hand over lots of cash at once...I always think of something more important I could spend that $$ on than myself, but it will be a fun long-term project
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good thread!

2.gif
)

2. A diamond bangle

The fingerprint necklace is such a neat idea!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh, forgot to add something else: Some sort of jewelry piece to represent my son and the new baby. If it is another boy, I am thinking of a RHR with blue sapphires and diamonds (sort of like Tacori''s Tessa ring). If it is a girl, they will both have A initial as their first name, so thinking about maybe the A Tiffany initial pendant, but still thinking about that one....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My long term list is...

1. upgrade my WF studs and have them set in a bezeled milgrain.

2. get the same size (mm) blue sapphire studs.

3. get diamond jackets to fit both of the above pair.

4. 2 very thin diamond bands to sandwich my Tessa ring.

5. an OEC or pear pendant set in a bezeled milgrain.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've alrready got to revise my list (I'm a bad bad girl)

1. Present for Mom (on the way)
2. Present for FMIL (on the way)
3. BGD bezelled Diamond studs (um... in progress already
emembarrassed.gif
as of this morning)
4. Setting for my rhodolite cushion
5. Whatever I buy at the Gem Faire.
6. Send baguette eternity band to Ari (will be in mail tomorrow) for a repair qoute.
7. New setting for my seven stone band
8. Bark Texture stacking rings.
9. Deco's 4 stone earrings. (Hope you don't mind).
10. Stuller Martini's for my garnets (in progress)

Long term list:

3-5 carat weight tennis bracelet
Sapphire and diamond band for RHR
Pave earring jackets for my studs (both pairs)
Earring jackets that match my pendant for my diamond studs.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
1) To feed my resent pear infatuation- large white freshwater pear braclet mmmmm
2) A nice watch (still looking for one I don''t hate. I am extreamly watch-fussy)
3) OMC or OEC bezel pendent
4) small daimond studs
5) dangly daimnond earrings for going out or maybe a nice pearl pendent....or a daimond stacker ring

Lucky for me I have both my 21st birthday and my university graduation at the end of the year so if my parents ask what I want I may have to request all gifts take the form of sparkly or shiney things
5.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 4:42:07 PM
Author: vespergirl
I have to say that after receiving my new WF shared-prong eternity ring a few weeks ago, my jewelry cravings have finally been satisfied (amazing!)
Vesper ... I'm still reeling over that eternity band. Its the closest I've ever seen to the Tiffany band & my friend has that one so I've admired it quite a bit. GORE-JUS!

Still working on my list! But, GYPSY, I hope you *will* four-stone-it ... for your MIL or yourself! You might get 'em before I do! But looking at your list ... there's quite a bit of territory to cover first.
2.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I''ve gotten pretty practical with age
5.gif
, my list is of things I know I can swing. I''m too old to dream "too big for my budget" anymore!

1) BGD ten stone ring (still tweaking the design in my head)

2) BGD copy of one of my favorite wedding band/stackers (I''m not telling which! and I think I''ll convince the hub to get it for me for Christmas).

3) White gold halo-ed diamond pendant, also BGD

4) Choosing a jeweler to make an amethyst and rhodalite pendant that I designed myself. I''ll probably stick with someone close to home for this one since there''s no photo or proto-type anywhere to use as an example. I''d prefer to be face to face to talk about it.

5) A biggy for me - resetting my wedding set. Who to go with? I''m still thinking about that. I would love to have Leon do it, but I don''t know that I can afford him, but this one is a couple of years off if I''m completely honest with myself because of the four above!

6) Can I have six? Maybe a nice reasonably sized three stone of round brilliants.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohh this is a great thread.

Here are my (current) five. These always remain subject to change ;-)

1. Diamond studs in martini settings
2. diamond pendant in one of those awesome bezel settings from BGD
3. Diamond shared prong eternity band
4. My sapphire and diamond band reset (the setting is terrible)
5. A necklace like Giada DeLaurentis (the pretty chef with the lolly-pop head).

Pretty necklace

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 5:11:12 PM
I've alrready got to revise my list (I'm a bad bad girl)

3. BGD bezelled Diamond studs (um... in progress already
emembarrassed.gif
as of this morning)
6. Send baguette eternity band to Ari (will be in mail tomorrow) for a repair qoute.
7. New setting for my seven stone band
8. Bark Texture stacking rings.
9. Deco's 4 stone earrings. (Hope you don't mind).
10. Stuller Martini's for my garnets (in progress)

Long term list:

See this helped me. I put out there. Then came back to it. And decided that the baguette band has already waited a few years for repair, so it can wait a while longer. Ari's estimate for a total fix was higher than I can do right now unless I compromise on something else, and I don't want to. So instead of cutting corners on the band, I'll just keep it in the safety deposit box for a while longer.

I'm also going to hold off on re-seting my 7 stone. I can wear it for short times. And can continue to do so for a year.

3. BGD bezelled Diamond studs (um... in progress already as of this morning)
6. Bark Texture stacking rings.
7. Deco's 4 stone earrings. (Hope you don't mind).
8. Stuller Martini's for my garnets (in progress)
Long term list:
Repair baguette eternity band
Reset seven stone band
See I can be reasonable.

I really want some earrings.
27.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump for more impending and future purchases!
1.gif
2.gif
I LOVE seeing what everyone is wanting.

Gypsy, when do we get to see these projects of yours that are "on the way" or "in progress"?
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results