shape
carat
color
clarity

New Jersey!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
please be safe tonight. It's 1:09 am here and the windows are shaking and it's teaming rain. Please be safe out there :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Amy! It's 1:30 here (in south Jersey) and it's just heavy rain and wind - nowhere near window-shaking levels.

Keep safe!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a TON of family in New York and New Jersey. And we are the emergency contact for ALL OF THEM.

We're glued to the weather channel.

Prayers... many many prayers outgoing.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
No power means limited posting on PS since my laptop is dead and I need to preserve my cellphone battery :( be safe everyone!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to my neighbor at the Jersey Shore (right near Sandy Hook and Atlantic Highlands) he said it was a terribly hairy night. The houses were shaking. Extremely scary. They lost power at 11 pm and therefore our homes (hopefully limited to the basement but since we are not there we don't know) are filled with water since the sump pumps cannot work without electricity. I spoke with him about an hour ago and the tide is receding for now but storm surges are still happening. I am holding my breath because I am so worried about what condition our house there will be in. We are like 100 feet from the ocean and my neighbor said the water is in the backyard and he doesn't know if the breakwall held as it is under water. ;(

Right now the winds are howling in NYC and we are bracing ourselves for the worst. This is sort of surreal being hit in both homes we own. ::)

Main thing is for everyone to stay safe so I am thinking good thoughts and sending lots of PS dust to everyone affected by Irene. Hang in there everyone and stay inside!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
missy: Did the levees break in Port Monmouth?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
We are in northern NJ- so far, we still have power, and thank goodness, no flooding. We had a small tree come down, which we will have to remove. If this is the worst of it, we feel lucky.

Everyone stay safe!!!!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
We are in central jersey, 9 miles from the beach. Heavy rain and wind on Saturday night. We moved to the basement at 8pm when we found out there was a tornado watch in our area, and stayed there all night. Luckily, no flooding, no tree down, no power outage, just a few broken branches and lots of leaves on the ground. We installed two battery backup sump pumps in case we lose power, and also put a pump in the pool and another pump outside the basement door. We still got some water into the basement near the basement door and near the basement window, but it was manageable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results