shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
but not in the way you think!

I''m engaged!!!

It turns out he''s been planning the proposal for 6 months, and thinking about it for 18. All the "I don''t believe in marriage" was just to throw me off the scent. Grrrr

Anyway, here''s the proposal:

At the beginning of advent he gave me a little scandinavian house with a wooden drawer for every day. In each drawer was a different flavoured chocolate truffle. At midnight on the 23rd, he gave me the drawer for Christmas Eve. Underneath the truffle was what looked like a little gold ingot with a W and a 4 on it.

I was a bit confused and surprised, so he suggested I look in all the other drawers where I found a whole load of these little ingots. By this time I was starting to think - this is it!
36.gif
36.gif
but then I was too worried in case they just spelt "Happy Christmas" so I had all the letters on the sofa trying to arrange them in every combination but "the one".

So then he says why don''t you come next door and see if there is something there that can help. So I went into our bedroom and on our bed was this huge wooden Scrabble set (we play a lot of board games), with all the other letter ingots in the shape of a big sparkly ring. The ingots were all 22ct gold and so pretty. They stopped making the wooden board in 1994 so it took him a long time to find one.

Then he just said lots of lovely things and I cried a bit. Then I got him to actually say it and I said yes!
30.gif
30.gif

As it was now 00.30am, I had to wait till lunch on Sunday to tell my parents. We spent Christmas with all his family and then a few days with mine. We''re setting a date in 2008 - I hope to get 08/08/08, as his brother is getting married in Chicago in September 2007 and we want to leave a good gap.

So, why do I need your help????

I didn''t want to be proposed to with a ring, so now I get to design and have it made. So, I''m going to need all your help ladies to design some bling the like of which has not been seen in London!

I am so happy!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
- and amazed. I didn''t even ask to be on the "ladies hoping for year end" thread...

241206proposal.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Pandora,

I''d head over to Rocky Talk for ring design stuff, just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a thoughtful proposal.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Thats so sweet!!! Congratulations!! And good luck with creating your dream ring :)

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
what a cute proposal!!! best of luck designing your ring! there are so many ideas and pictures here that I''m sure you won''t have a tough time finding something you like
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Thats such a unique proposal-great idea!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet proposal. I love the letters....whats a nice keepsake. You are so lucky to be able to design your ring. What style are you looking for?

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora, Congratulations!!! Your proposal was very cute! How exciting to design your ring. That should be a lot of fun!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow i love the proposal, that is so sweet and thoughtful!!! extra sweet that it took him so long to find the board!! what a great keepsake for sure.

congrats and have fun designing the bling. i agree RT is a great place to get design tips and also help on finding the rock.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It''s going to kill me putting the letters back in the box. I have them on the little scrabble racks at the moment - it makes me all smiley just looking at them!!
26.gif

I''m a coloured e-ring girl, so I''ve headed over there for some advice.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You need to take a photograph and frame it. It is just too cute!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
oh, that is just the cutest thing! what a sweet guy you''ve got!

Congrats Pandora!
36.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
That is such a kick butt proposal! He is so completely creative! I would have never thought of that idea in a million years!

Congrats!
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sweet...congratulations Pandora! Can''t wait to see what you pick out! =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results