shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to buy dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

1895femme

Rough_Rock
Help! My fiance and I will be getting married on July 14th of this year and I don''t have a dress! I''ve tried on a few at a couple of different places. The Maggies seem to fit nicely, but the place I went to only had a few in the shop. My fiance would really like to see me have a dress made of natural materials. I just want to look my best and spend around $1000 or less. I live in West Chester and work close to Philadelphia. Are there any places I should check out? Does anyone have any advice? Sorry for sounding so whiny!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
With the wedding coming up that soon and trying to find natural materials for that price, I would look at these dress sites:

www.preownedweddingdresses.com
www.sellyourweddingdress.com

A lot of these dresses aren't even used...they come from two-dress brides and sample sales.

Find some that you are interested in and see if you can try them on locally, then you can get a real silk, deisgner gown quickly and for a great price!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a store in NYC that has TONS of sample and preowned gowns... I *think* its called Micheals... they ae famous for it, and only have gowns from the two years in stock. I would totally go there.

Also, look at Paloma Blanca... her line is al natural fabic and through RK or Pearls Place many of them are around 1100. ANd the quality and construction is great.

http://palomablanca.com/index.html

cara

Ideal_Rock
At my dress appt. last week, someone was buying a Maggie for her June wedding... So I overheard that they are currently shipping for end of May delivery and mid/early May if you pay rush fees. So... you can still order a new dress but it is time to shop, shop, shop! You are very close to having to pay rush fees on some designers, and out of luck on the ones with longer turn around.

cara

Ideal_Rock
For silk dresses around $1K, I would spend some time looking at the Sottero & Midgley Collection on Maggie's website and the Watters website. You might have to fudge a bit on the budget to get silk - I think the dresses I'm thinking of were maybe $1200 but you could try to order from an online discounter if you are game. Maggie's are great in that the corset reduces the need for some of the expensive bodice alterations.

What kind of silhoette/details are you looking for?

ETA: Paloma Blanca would be fabulous but would definitely require some discount/sale to get to $1K. Her dresses are beautiful and much lighter than the Maggies.

1895femme

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the advice! I''m looking for whatever looks best on me. I like sweetheart necklines. I tried on a Pronovias dress this past Saturday that was a v-neck with straps. I looked really nice in it, but I never saw myself in something like that. I''m really open to try anything. This Saturday I''m going up to Bridals by Sandra up in the Lehigh Valley. That''s where my mom bought her dress!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Femme, I live in Philly so I checked out nearly EVERY dress shop in the area... at least it felt that way at the time!! I found my gown at Priscilla of Boston in Wynnewood... they were SO wonderful there, best service of anywhere else I went. I also liked the Wedding Shoppe in Wayne and Suky Rosan in Ardmore. I know people who've found dresses at Nicole's in Jenkintown and the Bridal Garden in Marlton, NJ... although I hated Bridal Garden... they were one of the places that makes you wait in the dressing room while they choose dresses for you.

Hope that gives you a place to start... good luck, and let me know if there's anything else I can answer about the places in this area!
1.gif

ETA -- My dress is a sweetheart neckline... I love them too!

ETA (again) -- I just noticed you wanted to stay under $1000... would be nice if I'd read the posts before responding to them!!
26.gif
Some of the places I named are a little more expensive... but there is a place in Conshohocken called La Bella Moda that carries some of the mid-level deisgners that is supposed to be good. And the others might be worth checking out anyway, just for ideas and to see what's available!

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results