shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with centerpiece ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so my little sister is getting married in October, her colors are turquoise and orange, and since they''re on a tight budget, they''re A) wanting to use fake flowers, and B) wanting me to make the centerpieces. I''m totally cool with making the centerpieces, but my problem is that I''m worried about it being a little too blatantly obvious that the flowers are fake, particularly since her colors are so bright. I know you ladies are BRILLIANT with finding fabulous ideas, particularly of the DIY sort, so I was hoping for some pictures of centerpiece options that would work with fake orange flowers and turquoise accents. My sister has NO clue what she wants, so she pretty much told me, "The centerpieces are all you. Do whatever you want as long as they''re turquoise and orange, and have fun" so anything goes--ideas, ladies? Thanks a billion!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... I''m using fake flowers in my centerpieces because I wanted to make my own and didn''t want to have to wait until the last minute to do it. I used a lot of cream colored flowers and green leafy things because they looked more natural. The orange and turquoise flowers wouldn''t look very real, especially since there aren''t many real flowers that color. Would she be open to using a more neutral color for the flowers and then have the vase or whatever you''re putting them in be orange and turquoise?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m seeing this all over the place with fakies - you could submerge them in a large vase of water with turquoise rocks at the botto,, floating candle on top. If they''re under water, you can''t touch em so you''re less likely to know they''re fake?
33.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oriental lilies, callas, gerbera daisies and roses come in orange naturally, so maybe you can stick to those flowers. Do you want to make sure people don''t touch them? Maybe try putting them on a pedestal so people will be less inclined to touch them for fear of them falling. Or the submerged idea.

You can do a Gerbera daisies in wheat grass centerpiece. If you grow your own wheat grass it should be pretty cheap.

gerberaWheat.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys for the ideas! I''m just worried about being able to bring in enough color because her reception is going to be in a tent, so we''re talking white tent, white linens, white chairs, white everything! i wish she could afford to at least rent some colored linens, but it''s out of her range. would something like this look tacky with turquoise stones in the bottom and the branches being orangey?

Orange-centerpiece-L.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
or something like these?

eventhh1.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I think the turquoise stones with the branches will look okay. It being a tent wedding, the look can be more casual. Maybe you can do something like this in her colors.

Doily and paper garland instructions

garland_header.jpg

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I really like the pictures that doodle posted with the white candles and sea glass in the bottom of the vases. I suggest that you don''t use orange fake flowers because that could go very, very wrong (although I''m sure many people here could prove me wrong on that) but instead use colored accents in the vases and maybe colored glass votives with white candles and things like that. I''ve seen all kinds of interesting lighting ideas by putting colored glass or gel in the bottom of vases with a submerged light -- don''t ask me how to accomplish that but it sounds pretty cool! So if I''m making any sense here, I think it would be pretty to use the turquoise and orange as accents along with white candles or natural elements like branches, but not use those strong colors in the actual flowers.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Here''s some more tissue paper garland ideas

597063424_e6fb2ab579.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Also you can attach some tissue paper pomanders to the ceiling of the tent to add color.

I''m making a mosaic for branch centerpieces that you can use. Here''s a site you can get branches from Nettleton Hollow

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Some branch centerpieces ideas. One has birds as the pop of color instead of flowers.

Here''s al ink to the big picture centerpiecePaper flower bud

Branchesmosaic.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Okay doodle last one I promise but these look SOOO kick @$$ I couldn''t NOT share them

They''re manzanita branches with adornments. Here''s where I found it. These are embracing the "We''re not flowers" and look FAN. FREAKING. TASTIC. I like the feathers (top) and the "blossoms" (bottom right). I think you can use other branches not manzanita, that are not as expensive. For the feathers, I''m sure you can use feather boas they sell in costume shops. And for the blossoms, any fake flower blossoms or even tissue and some fishing line.

BlueManzanita.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 2:03:14 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Okay doodle last one I promise but these look SOOO kick @$$ I couldn''t NOT share them

They''re manzanita branches with adornments. Here''s where I found it. These are embracing the ''We''re not flowers'' and look FAN. FREAKING. TASTIC. I like the feathers (top) and the ''blossoms'' (bottom right). I think you can use other branches not manzanita, that are not as expensive. For the feathers, I''m sure you can use feather boas they sell in costume shops. And for the blossoms, any fake flower blossoms or even tissue and some fishing line.
OMG!!!! These are fantastic lliang!!!!! I love the feather boas!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 3:23:27 AM
Author: FrekeChild

They''re manzanita branches with adornments. Here''s where I found it. These are embracing the ''We''re not flowers'' and look FAN. FREAKING. TASTIC. I like the feathers (top) and the ''blossoms'' (bottom right). I think you can use other branches not manzanita, that are not as expensive. For the feathers, I''m sure you can use feather boas they sell in costume shops. And for the blossoms, any fake flower blossoms or even tissue and some fishing line.

OMG!!!! These are fantastic lliang!!!!! I love the feather boas!!!

Ditto those are awesome, I was also going to suggest making paper flowers but this idea is just WOW.

tlh

Ideal_Rock

OMG, YES those look great.. why not embrace being fake?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the tangerines in a glass bowl with sheer turquoise ribbons! That would be sooo easy to do and very bright! Plus
it would smell good
1.gif
. I also like the floating candle cylinders with the colored flowers in them.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock

I MUST have that falling blossom tree.
30.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
holy cannoli, there''s some cool stuff on here! i especially
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
those feathery ones, lliang! thanks so much, all of you, for giving me some ideas to show my sister! i really appreciate it! i''ve got to get that girl on here (if nothing else, so she''ll have somewhere to post pics and get compliments on her dress WITHOUT putting it on facebook where her FI can see it!!!
20.gif
) thanks a billion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results