shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help w/bm dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I need your help! I want to pick a bm dress but it''s harder than I thought. I want something that will flatter all body types. One bm is very small, another size 8-10, one other recently had a baby...
What do you think of these?

chadwicksbubblehem.jpg

akw94

Brilliant_Rock

chadwickspleated.jpg

akw94

Brilliant_Rock

jcpenneysmocked.jpg

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
#4 Would be in black

aa6122.jpg

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
#5, would be in black....almost done! ETA: just realized that this would go nicely w/the style of my dress.

aa6129sn.jpg

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Last one! Also, in black.

aria160.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
In order of least to most flattering (IMHO) for different shapes:

I would choose #5 if I were buying for myself, but I think that #3 would be the most universally flattering. I''m only basing that on: thicker straps that taper--not beginning abruptly--are more streamlining, and strapless is usually much less flattering on fuller figures. I like the chiffon layer on #3 as well, giving a more flowy look (instead of stiff/starched).

However, I REALLY like #5 in general. I think the texture of it would be nice in black, too.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with you, but #3 is pretty deeply cut in the front. Not a prob if your BMs are smaller or medium chested but if you have any larger chested women......I dunno...DDs perhaps?......then maybe there''d be too much boobage showing? It''s hard to tell from the pic if that would be the case. Other than that its a very flattering and re-wearable style :)

If you haven''t considered it, as you seem to like flowy cocktail length skirts, perhaps you could choose the Alfred Angelo cocktail length chiffon skirt (MSKT-L) in black and have each BM choose a top that they feel best in? The skirt would certainly be rewearable :) This is coming from a bride that likes to give choices to her BMs but has learned that too many choices makes for a very evil time lol.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I like 3 the best, but I''m biased because it looks almost exactly like my BM dresses!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
V-necks are usually very unflattering on small-chested women... Make us look like we have nothin''!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
5 is my favorite. Have you asked your BM opinions yet?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
why don''t you let them pick their own dress from the same company so the blacks and fabric match...that way they''ll be comfortable and choose the stlyle that flatters them the most. my bm''s were all different body shapes and it was the best solution and everyone was happy.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 7:31:29 AM
Author: anchor31
V-necks are usually very unflattering on small-chested women... Make us look like we have nothin''!
Really?? I feel the opposite way (very small here). But then again I''m surrounded by the tv/model crowd where most of them are stick thin and HAVE nothing... so I don''t mind so much looking like I have nothing
2.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think the V neck thing depends on the girl and the V-neck involved. Ive seen some low V necks that only small-chested women could wear, cause big girls would be completely busting out. But small-busted women can wear them without looking too revealing.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I also think the dress #3 is the most flattering for everyone that you mentioned, but I also think the idea of letting them pick their own is an awesome one -- Most companies offer almost the exact same dress with different neckline options so that might be an idea to make everyone happy --

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Musey, So Happy, Robbie, Anchor, Indecisive, NYCSparkle, Cara and Sarie, thank you for your opinions!

So happy and NYC, I have thought about doing separates or just letting them pick but I like the look of everyone wearing the same thing. I do agree w/you that too many choices don''t seem to work well. I am realizing that now!
I also wonder about #3 being too low cut and how that would work. It''s hard w/o seeing them on the bm''s.

Indecisive, I have asked my bm''s and they all had different choices, some just said whatever you want so it''s hard to narrow down. Actually, those I put on PS are a narrowed down list from those I sent to the bm''s.

I''ll have to be honest, I hadn''t really considered the smaller chested bm b/c I figured that she won''t have many of the issues as those not as small. Hopefully she''ll try some of these on so I can see what flatters her most too.

Picking a dress for 4 other women really isn''t that much fun!
32.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 1:58:08 PM
Author: musey

Date: 2/21/2007 7:31:29 AM
Author: anchor31
Really?? I feel the opposite way (very small here). But then again I''m surrounded by the tv/model crowd where most of them are stick thin and HAVE nothing... so I don''t mind so much looking like I have nothing
2.gif
Well, it make me look like I have nothing... Like all I have is skin and bones when I''m not that skinny. But then again, the dresses are always too big for us at the chest, so it doesn''t help any!

Bottom line is that the girls should try on as many styles as possible to see what fits them best.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to vote for Alfred Angelo separates again because now that I''m looking at my 5 BMs and their choices for thier tops, they all really do look similar because I chose the (a-line aka as flattering as possible) skirt and color. It also helps that none of them picked a strapless option so there isn''t even that great of a diff in necklines. Me picking the exact skirt also actually simplifies things for them because since they have no control over the skirt anyway, I noticed 4 of the 5 didn''t even try it on. They just touched it, said it was ''pretty'' and got measured so they know what size to order. So, in the end, they told me they felt they could simply run in and put on some tops (which, btw, are more likely to be carried than the one-piece dresses......at least for AA so it''s easier to truly find one you really like from the many offerings) and be done with it. (Sort of the same way we would feel shopping for a new shirt as opposed to a whole new outfit I guess.....just easier)

It would seem to be the perfect compromise between all in exactly the same thing vs. all in their own personal style faves.

If you let them choose the skirt AND the top, I can see more of a variation there.

So........if you were to choose the skirt, color, and then ask them to pick a strapless (or strapped, whichever suits you best) top, you could find that to be a happy compromise for you and your women, too.

Also, I''ve found that these "rules" of what flatters a certian body part/type best is so variable! I have one DD bm who has no prob with strapless and one DD who thinks they are evil so take all these rules and then apply them to your specific women before subscribing to them in any big decision-making way :)

sorry so long :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results