shape
carat
color
clarity

Need engagement ideas that utilize my dog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TinLemon

Rough_Rock
Since my gf and I live together, and have a dog, I thought it would be nice to incorporate the dog into things somehow, but besides the classic "put the ring on the collar" trick, I can''t think of many other good ideas.

One thought I did have was to make up a new dog tag and put it on the dog, and then mention that I got him a new tag (i''m always getting the dog new crap) that she just has to see. Of course I would work this around the fact that we are walking the dog in a romantic area of town or something.

Any other ideas?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your dog good at fetch? Maybe buy a new toy wherein you could hide the ring and have her play fetch with the pooch. When pooch returns the toy to her you could ask her to take a close at it on the pretext it looks strange (as in maybe broken)......

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Don't do anything that may entice the dog to eat the ring. As mentioned in another proposal, we want you to pop the question & not poop the question.

How well trained is the pup? One of mine does high-fives. It's quite easy to teach & you could show your soon to be "the new trick". Then tell her the pup is little premature because the high-five should happen when you say "yes".

I'll put on my thinking cap. The tag is a fun idea. You just would have to make sure she would read it!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I just think its so sweet to include your dog.
9.gif
My boyfriend and I have a dog, and he is so much a part of our family, that I would love to include him too.

It is rather tricky to make the proposal unique. I agree with not doing the "on the collar" routine. While that is cute, its been done before.

Man, this is a tough one...

I like the fetch idea in a previous post. But, I also agree you wouldn't want anything to happen to the ring.

I will think about this some more and get back to you. Do let us know what tricks your pup can do...maybe we could work that in somehow.

Good luck!
-Sarah

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
What if you get a few dog tags, each saying sweet things about her, and have them wrapped together in a box. So, it would be like opening a present. Then say, "I've got one more tag that's on the dog." Then you could have the "will you Marry Me" tag on him. Just one idea.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
You could post a "Marry Me" sign along the route where you normally walk the dog. It could be made up to resemble a Garage Sale sign or something else posted on a tree, mailbox or whatever. Then when the two of you go for your "routine" walk with the dog - she'll notice her name on the sign and the rest "will be history". Anyway, just another idea.

Let us know how it gos.
wavey.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I love that idea!!! As you got down on one knee near the sign, you could have your dog sit too. So, you both would be asking her to marry you. Could even say..."We wanted to know if you would marry us..."

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww...

TinLemon

Rough_Rock
I'm still tossing this idea around and wanted to bump it back up to see if there are any other suggestions.

I did have one more idea... I tend to do all of the "maintenance" of the dog.. you know.. the baths, the nail cutting, ear cleaning, etc. We always laugh that after a bath our dog runs around the house like a wild man and reminds us of a naked baby after a bath. I was thinking that maybe I could give him his weekly bath, and then maybe throw a scarf on him that says "Will You Marry Me?".... then when he does the naked baby she will see it. The only thing I am hesitant about is that while I want a private proposal, I just feel like it won't be as special if I propose in the middle of our living room. On the flip side though, moving in together was a huge step for us, and buying our condo together was also a huge step in our relationship.

Regarding the garage sale style sign idea posted above.. I think it's a great idea.. except for the fact that our walk route takes us through a corporate park... not very romantic
sad.gif

Any other ideas?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Post about you dog in
Pet thread
add "Will you..." at the end and invite her to read and see the pictures of your dog.
love.gif

BooRadley

Rough_Rock
HOw about getting a "Buster Cube" and before you give it to the dog, load it with the engagement ring, then pretend to show her the new dog toy, and the ring falls out. You'll have to experiement first, to make sure the ring will fall out. If you can't find a Buster Cube, get another kind of a toy that you stuff treats in, and do the same thing.

Just an idea.

BR

TinLemon

Rough_Rock
Not really following you so far... add "will you?" to what? How does the thread come into play?

<---- confused... sorry.
confused.gif

TinLemon

Rough_Rock
Not a bad idea Boo... but the "My Dog Ate My Engagement Ring" factor is quite high... could be risky.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I think what Leonid means (and please excuse me if I am wrong!), but if you type 'will you...' at the end of the pic, then she will also think ...will you what?

Then you can follow with....will you marry us?

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
is your dog too old to be taught a new trick? You could secretly teach him to 'propose' with the ring box in his mouth. Go to a jewelry store and get a box to practise on, teach him a code word that might be a secret joke you share with your fiancee, some word that calls up a romantic memory maybe. When prompted by this word, the dog would pick up the box (perhaps from a pre-selected, by-then-habitual hidden spot?), approach the speaker and then go up on hind legs and/or lift one front paw... dog owners, please chime in (I have a cat who only thinks he is a dog, but would never stoop to being trained to do anything but his latest amusement: refusing to eat unless I pet him at the same time.)

Hope this helps get some creative juices flowing! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results