shape
carat
color
clarity

Name your song

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What song do you feel a strong connection with? And why?

B5D0D1F6-B965-417A-A7F5-DA6376889DB4.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take On Me by A-ha.

I fell in love with them when I was a very early teen & last year my husband surprised me with tickets to see them in concert for my Birthday, playing an Unplugged acoustic set. It was the TENTH time I had been to see them live & I have been lucky enough to meet them a few times over the years. Yay!

Tonight in Ireland they embark upon a bit of a world tour & I had tickets to see them this coming Saturday here in England. I bought the tickets last year, but it has since coincided with a family holiday this week & I had to give my tickets away. Gutted. Hopefully I'll be able to fly over to Norway early next year to catch a replacement present!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"For Free", by Joni Mitchell.

It's about a very good busker whom nobody paid attention to because he wasn't famous and on their TVs.

I busk so I relate.
This is my favorite song to busk.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s been a while since ive been there, but still resonates. Still all the feels. Because, well, I’m a sucker.
That mans voice has something to do with it though.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Hall and Oates fanatic here. Their music really lifted my spirits during my VERY rough teen years.

“I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)” is their jam out song during every concert. And I can definitely relate to the lyrics :) Here’s a more recent video (sans ‘80’s cheesiness and John Oates’ mustache):

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now...with the state of in US politics and a president that lacks any honor, the disbelief and pain in "What about Us" hits me in my center. My son and I like to do the dance at the chorus (me...not so well...but I'm enthusiastic!). Pink is also a total badass, and I love that uncompromising strength.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green Day- Good Riddance. The older I get the more I think about time and life.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel a connection with many different songs depending on what I am going through at the moment.

At the moment I am strongly feeling this song

:(

and this version of Mad World:

This song will forever be in my heart. It was our wedding song.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is really hard
so many
im ganna choose my 3rd favourite

many a time ive come home from a really hard day at work and just played this over and over till ive felt better because its a song of acceptance and community and faith and love and hope
my favourite version is still the first version i heard
im kinda shocked to realised this is 20 years old
everyone was so young and healthy, Danny and Clarence have saddly since passed away

hmm having trouble inserting song
this is Land of hope and dreams (my pet name for the USA btw)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what ! :-o
im allowed more than one :appl:
this is in my top 10 but i pair it with land of hope and dreams when i need it
this is my favourite version because of Danny
across the border

and if i had a wedding song this would be mine
if i should fall behind

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what ! :-o
im allowed more than one :appl:
this is in my top 10 but i pair it with land of hope and dreams when i need it
this is my favourite version because of Danny
across the border

and if i had a wedding song this would be mine
if i should fall behind

Haha you know I could never pick just one...luckily for my dh though I was able to choose just one DH. And 20 plus years later it is still just him and only him. :halo:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha you know I could never pick just one...luckily for my dh though I was able to choose just one DH. And 20 plus years later it is still just him and only him. :halo:
thats so lovelly =)2

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love this song, not because it’s significant to me particularly, just love the words and music.

Lyrics
Strands of light upon a bedroom floor
Change the night through an open door
I'm awake but this not my home
For the first time I'm not alone
Reaching out, I touch another skin
Breathing out as he is breathing in
Deep inside I feel my soul aflame
Can my life ever be the same?
I should have told him
I'd do anything if I could hold him
For just another day, for just another day
His love is something I will not forget
When I am far away, when I am far away
I feel the rainfall of another planet
Another planet
Close together in the afterglow
I remember how his loving flow
Turned the key into another world
Made a woman of a simple girl
Daylight comes as we both know it must
Soon my fantasies will turn to dust
But I would give him anything he asked
If my first love could be my last
I should have told him
His love is something I will not regret
I feel the rainfall of another planet, another planet
Source: LyricFind

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love this song, not because it’s significant to me particularly, just love the words and music.

Lyrics
I should have told him
Another planet
I should have told him

I don’t know this song but I love it. Thanks for sharing. And hope you don’t mind me saying she reminds me of Helen Reddy. And I love Helen Reddy.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many songs to choose from.

I tend to associate music with events or people or certain times of life, and once that moment or period has passed, I generally don't actively go out to listen to it (often, if at all) again - perhaps to preserve the feelings associated with it and/or avoid feeling the feelings again, but I think also because I very much believe we should live in the Now, not the past.

I think I understand why people listen to a particular style of music or a particular song over and over again, but I sort of think it's a bit sad if one is doing that to the exclusion of listening to other/new music - to me it smacks of wallowing/living/hiding in the past, and how is one going to live now and create new memories with new songs if you never listen to new things? :)

Life is too short not to try to gain as many new experiences and memories as possible!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many songs to choose from.

I tend to associate music with events or people or certain times of life, and once that moment or period has passed, I generally don't actively go out to listen to it (often, if at all) again - perhaps to preserve the feelings associated with it and/or avoid feeling the feelings again, but I think also because I very much believe we should live in the Now, not the past.

I think I understand why people listen to a particular style of music or a particular song over and over again, but I sort of think it's a bit sad if one is doing that to the exclusion of listening to other/new music - to me it smacks of wallowing/living/hiding in the past, and how is one going to live now and create new memories with new songs if you never listen to new things? :)

Life is too short not to try to gain as many new experiences and memories as possible!

I agree if that is what someone is doing. However I don’t think people sharing here are doing that. The question is what song do you feel a strong connection with not what is the only song you listen to over and over forever. For example I’m missing our sweet girl Francesca who died in June. I miss her terribly and when I listen to the first 2 songs I posted above it allows me to feel her presence in a way. Yes it makes me sad but I love listening to sad songs. I’m weird. When I was in my twenties I listened to Chet Baker and Billie Holiday all the time. Made me sad but happy too. Can’t explain it but I go through periods of listening to certain genres and music brings me peace.

I love how music evokes strong emotions. My perspective only. I couldn’t live without music.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
There are 4, all related to my first love. We are married to others, but still love each other (which likely wouldn't be the case had we married each other, lol)

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone - Bill Withers (he didn't like it becaue it had "too much meaning")
Blue eyes crying in the rain - Willie Nelson (he liked it because it had "a lot of meaning")

Beginnings - Chicago
Crazy Love - Poco

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.

Because it was the song my son sang to me with raspy voice and all (he was trying to sing in true Satchmo style) when he was a senior in high school...

And because more recently, it was the song my son's best friend in college and I danced to at his wedding to honor my son's memory:(sad;(:((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.

Because it was the song my son sang to me with raspy voice and all (he was trying to sing in true Satchmo style) when he was a senior in high school...

And because more recently, it was the song my son's best friend in college and I danced to at his wedding to honor my son's memory:(sad;(:((

I choke up when this song comes on and another song that I love that reminds me of this song is this song. I love it...but for some reason my dh doesn't like this song at all but he isn't sappy like I am oh well no one's perfect ;-)

and of course Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland is a masterpiece.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are 4, all related to my first love. We are married to others, but still love each other (which likely wouldn't be the case had we married each other, lol)

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone - Bill Withers (he didn't like it becaue it had "too much meaning")
Blue eyes crying in the rain - Willie Nelson (he liked it because it had "a lot of meaning")

Beginnings - Chicago
Crazy Love - Poco

Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone-oh I LOVE that song. It's so hard to choose just one. They are all my favorites lol.

So many great songs. Thanks everyone for sharing. I love hearing the songs that have meaning for you. Please keep sharing.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I choke up when this song comes on and another song that I love that reminds me of this song is this song. I love it...but for some reason my dh doesn't like this song at all but he isn't sappy like I am oh well no one's perfect ;-)

and of course Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland is a masterpiece.

Oh, Missy...yes, that one, too!! That rendition brings back happy memories- when the entire family was present to be at my sister's destination wedding in Maui.

Well, fellow-sappy song lover, pleased to know we have the same taste in music and bling :D

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone-oh I LOVE that song. It's so hard to choose just one. They are all my favorites lol.

So many great songs. Thanks everyone for sharing. I love hearing the songs that have meaning for you. Please keep sharing.

Lol, they aren't really my favorites (maybe Beginnings is a favorite), but they are so connected to someone I love deeply.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Color My World....so many great Chicago songs.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm coming out - Diana Ross, came out in 80. When my ex husband and I separated in 85 the song was my theme song, I sang it all the time and it still has great meaning to me, I'm coming, coming out! I wanted the world to know the real me, the one not held back by my exhusband, I could sing, laugh, wear what I wanted show the world the real me :) I think he means much to the gay community back in the early 80s when people were coming out of the closet in droves - good times.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lyrics
I should have told him
Another planet
I should have told him

Gaaaaaahhhhh! I LOVE this song! I remember when it came out, if it came on the radio it would always stop the conversation in the room and everyone would just listen...

Gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results