shape
carat
color
clarity

My wedding band came today, and other updates!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
But I don''t have a camera yet, so I''m going to have to make you wait for pictures (psych!). I did order a new Canon digital from Amazon and it should be here next week. It''s our joint wedding present, actually. I''m still planning to get him something small but meaningful, but when I brought up the idea of getting the camera which is something we both really need and want, he thought it was a great idea. And a photo-shoot of the rings is the first thing I have planned for it
27.gif

Anyway, back to the important stuff, right? I "worked" at home today so I could wait for the UPS guy to come. I was awake at 6AM, but the ring didn''t come until 12:30. FI came home for lunch about 10 minutes after it arrived and caught me staring at my hand with the two rings on it.

It''s platinum, with a carving pattern that matches the carving on my e-ring. The picture below is of the thinner, curved version (1.8mm) in white gold, but mine is platinum, 2.5mm wide, and straight. My e-ring has a taper from the stones, but even so the w-band fits close enough to flush that it doesn''t bother me at all. The picture doesn''t do the pattern justice at all. It looks either like a continuous vine or a wave pattern, depending how you look at it.

antique_style.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of the ering showing the engraving on the sides. I actually used a scanner to get this image:

vicside.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
How pretty Selkie! It's the perfect pair to your e-ring.

Can't wait to see hand shots. Hope you get that Canon soon!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! Ooooo can''t wait to see those hand pics!!!
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Enough about the ring, I''ll be sure to post more in SMTR when I can. As for the wedding planning progress, this is what I have left to do:

Practice making the bouquet. I''ve ordered white roses from freshroses.com, along with hypericum berries and bear grass, for the bouquet. I had a version made in silk, but decided I just really wanted real flowers. It will be handtied, just like the silk one shown here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-flowers-are-done.58067/.

We need to finalize our vows. A good friend of ours is performing the service. He owns a ranch in central California, and he often officiates for weddings, so he has a basic ceremony written up that we really like and are adapting for ourselves. He also owns a "preacher frock" and hat, with a real old fashioned look to it. He''s on the left in this picture (that''s not us). He''s awesome, and we''re really glad he''s doing this for us.

Finalize the iPod playlist. The wedding''s on a boat, and though we thought about getting a guitar and flute duo, or Celtic musicians, we wanted to save the room for guests and ended up deciding to just use the sound system and be our own DJs. Our processional/ceremony music will be a harp or vocal version of Simple Gifts (AKA the Quaker Hymn), and the recessional will be Wonderful World/Somewhere over the Rainbow (Iz). Then we just need to come up with 2 hours more of background music. We won''t be dancing, just sailing, so the music isn''t critical. But I want to be able to listen in the quiet moments, and hear songs that mean a lot to us.

gary.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ummm...what else. I''m STILL trying to figure out the undergarments thing. I want to go as minimal as possible, because the dress is fairly form fitting, but I still need a lot of support upstairs. I think I''ve tried on most of the strapless bras out there, ugh. Another thing I''ll do when I get the camera is post pics of me in my dress.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Yea Selkie!!!

But that is such a tease with the ring! I want to see the real one, on your hand! Come on Amazon!!

I''m glad you decided on real flowers afterall! Hope the practice goes well. If not, find somebody else to do it. Don''t put too much pressure on yourself!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 9:10:27 AM
Author: sumbride
Yea Selkie!!!

But that is such a tease with the ring! I want to see the real one, on your hand! Come on Amazon!!

I''m glad you decided on real flowers afterall! Hope the practice goes well. If not, find somebody else to do it. Don''t put too much pressure on yourself!

I''m making only my bouquet, since we don''t have any centerpieces. I really like how the corsages and bouts came out in the silk, and since my FMIL is allergic to flowers, I''ll still use those. We may have one buffet table arrangement of some kind (if there''s even room, given how much food we''ll have), and since I''m getting more berries and roses than I will actually use in the bouquet, I''ll have enough leftovers to do that too. Freshroses.com prices are great, though-everything I ordered came to under $50, without shipping.

My brother is hosting a cookout at their new house (soooo jealous!!!) the afternoon before, and I''ll just make the bouquet there before the festivities start.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 4:45:14 PM
Author: Selkie

My brother is hosting a cookout at their new house (soooo jealous!!!) the afternoon before, and I''ll just make the bouquet there before the festivities start.

I know... that porch... I can''t wait to spend the weekend hanging out on their screened in porch!!! And their floors! WOW. Lucky ducks!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your band is gorgeous, it''ll be perfect with your ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results