shape
carat
color
clarity

My tall centerpiece

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I know that you all love pics so here is the prototype of our tall centerpieces. These will go on every other table and we have a very different short centerpiece for the others. We will have dark silver linens and not the brown one that you see here.

I made and strung the cranes myself. They will be featured all over the ceremony and reception. It was my one HUGE DIY project. 1,000 cranes in all as per Japanese custom.

TCP.JPG

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock

TCPCloseUp.JPG

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock

CranesClose.JPG

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh they are beautiful! Great work goldenstar!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
I love it!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
goldenstar your centerpieces look amazing!!! Your very talented!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I''m afraid I can''t take all the credit. To clarify, I only DIY''d the cranes. A florist did the rest, even though it''s simple enough for me to do. I don''t have the time or the sanity to take it on myself.
3.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
wow! those cranes are amazing! they must have taken so much time! well done!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love your centerpieces! The cranes in different shades of green are really beautiful!

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
I love your crane idea! And the centerpieces are beautiful with the pastel cranes. I was thinking about doing them myself before I read your post, and now it''s confirmed that it wasn''t such a radical idea after all. :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love your centerpieces and the cranes just set it off beautifully

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! What an amazing job you did, goldenstar!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i love the idea of cranes!! very elegant looking!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, they are so beautiful and the cranes look amazing, so great DIY job! I''m sure it will look goregous
9.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s so amazing!
36.gif
36.gif
And beautiful!! If you don''t mind elaborating, I know nothing about plants, so could you tell me what''s where?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, that is a lot of cranes! Kudos to you for taking on such a big, awesome project. Your centerpieces look fabulous.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks stunning!

I have no clue about the traditions, so can you tell us what the cranes represent, and why 1,000 of them?

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the sweet compliments! It makes me feel a ton better. When it was still a sketch, I was worried that it wouldn''t come together well but I was very pleased with the prototype.

Hmmm, lets see... The branches are curly willow. Then we have (clockwise from front right) green cymbidium orchids, green spider mums, tulips, and green dendrobium orchids.

Below are a couple of links regarding the cranes.

My sister helped me make them. A few of the bridesmaids pitched in a little as well. It was a great experience. It was a chance for me and my sister to have quality time together. We have been living together for years and I''m a little sad to move on and out. It was also a chance to sit around with girlfriends and chat. When I worked on it alone, it was a time to be quiet with my thoughts. It was relaxing! We still have maybe 200 more to fold, and then we have to work on the stringing part.

At the head of the aisle there will be two arrangements of manzanita branches which will each have 10 strings of 4 cranes. Each chair that borders the aisle will have a string of 5 cranes on the outside edge. There will be cranes on the tall centerpiece, and loose ones scattered around the short centerpieces. Most people keep the 1000 cranes all together but I thought it would be fun to have them scattered all over. Since we''re using a lot of origami we''re saving a lot on flowers!

Wedding Cranes

Cranes

More wedding cranes

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this is beautiful! Very unique, airy romance feel. Wanna do mine?
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
How amazing!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We are doing cranes, too, and yours look so wonderful. Your centerpieces are the best crane ones I have seen--and I have looked at hundreds of pictures.

Do you mind sharing where you got the paper? Did you have it cut? Or, did you buy it? We have had one heck of a time finding colors we liked, or even places to buy solid color paper, for that matter.

Just breathtaking.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
These are some of the most unique and beautiful centerpieces I have ever seen!

You should be beyond proud of yourself
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results