color
clarity

My heart goes out..

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
to those who lost their homes in the Texas wildfires. ;(

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I agree. I wasn't paying much attention to the news this weekend as I was sick and immersed in homework. I read about it last night and this morning and it is just awful.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
They said it's the worst fires that they have had in Texas.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant imagine having my house and all my belongings going up in flame. I know they are just thinks and I'm
not really attached to most of my things but starting over would be hard. I feel bad for the folks in Texas and
for everyone having to deal with the high floods in the east.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I hope all PS-ers and their families are safe!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It worries us all the time. We are crispy!

All it takes is a spark of any kind to start a fire that will burn thousands of acres and hundreds of homes.

No one is open grilling. Few people are using gas powered lawn equipment. We have an open field behind us, and a pasture in front of us. Lots of dry, brittle brush instead of someone's watered lawn. That's where a fire can really get started and grow into a monster.

If you want to see scary, look at the photos on KVUE.com. What an inferno! http://www.kvue.com/news/Wildfires-2-Viewer-photos-129258123.html?gallery=y&c=y

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
We are in OK and last week there were fires very close to our home- like a half mile away. It was very scary, you could see the smoke and flames from our house! One night I took the kids and stayed at a friend's house because DH was out of town and I didn't want to take the chance of being evacuated in the middle of the night.
Fortunately in the last 2 days the weather has significantly cooled and it's more humid. But it was very scary! My 6 year old was very worried and kept asking what would happen if our house burnt down. Secretly I was kind of wishing it would....then I wouldn't have to deal with selling it in 18 months :tongue: . But fortunately the danger for us has passed.
Prayers for those in TX!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any disaster is awful of course and we've all watched people's homes floating away in water or completely destroyed by tornado. For some reason to me fire seems like the worst. It's just angry and threatening and scary.

Stay safe - let's hope these fires end quickly!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, that's awful! I hadn't heard about it until now.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nfowife & hollyS-- I can't imagine having to worry about that :(

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is awful! The wildfire season is starting up with a bang here in So. Cal. My hubby was just deployed for a day on the Agua Dulce
fire here. He didn't get to the fire, but just a move up to cover another engine, but this is early.

In 2003 we came very close to losing our home in a wildfire. We were evacuated for 2 weeks. We would watch the news and go back
and forth-the house is gone, the house is not gone. So very stressful. My heart goes out to the people too. So hard.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1315319834|3010673 said:
to those who lost their homes in the Texas wildfires. ;(

After going through a (man made - by a policeman :shock: ) wildfire experience a few months ago, I totally agree. It was awful and my heart goes out to those experiencing this horror. We were lucky and the fires stopped and turned 400 yards from our house. I hope the people in Texas are equally as lucky as we were back then.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results