shape
carat
color
clarity

My dog ate my homework.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the lamest a$$ excuse you''ve ever given anyone?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a good girl. I only tell the truth
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m on a TGal post overload and can''t even think of an answer to this question. Haha

Oh, and you should slow down; you''re using up all of DF''s future questions! Then what will he do for fun?
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are pretty good. I don''t do lame, LOL!!!!
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 3:17:58 PM
Author: elrohwen
I''m on a TGal post overload and can''t even think of an answer to this question. Haha

Oh, and you should slow down; you''re using up all of DF''s future questions! Then what will he do for fun?
2.gif
You got me. This is my all part of my scheme to reduce DF to twiddling fingers.
5.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t come in to work today because the bank lost my 2 carat diamond.

Oh wait. That happened.

20.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
But, Tgal, my dog really did eat my homework one time
2.gif
I didn''t know puppies liked to eat paper
9.gif

Okay, okay, sometimes at work people will ask me for directions. I''m really not the right person to ask since I''d get lost in a wet paper bag, so I''ll tell them that I don''t live in town and they should MapQuest it instead. I figure it''s not a really bad excuse since I don''t technically live in the city that I work in so I don''t feel guilty about it.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I once, in college missed a meeting, and told the person that I didn''t realize that I had missed it because I had dreamt about attending the meeting. I really did vividly dream about it, and it took me a while to figure out what was real and what was not, but man, soooooooo inappropriate to say. Kids are crazy. I would like to go back in time and slap myself in the head for that one.
20.gif
38.gif
20.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 3:23:28 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Oh wait. That happened.

20.gif
LMAO. OMG. I was so going to go kick your bank managers @$$.

As for me...I''m pretty honest when it comes to that stuff. The only one I can think of was when I told my teacher that my pet was dying (she was having a seizure, and BTW the "she" is a hamster) and she she''s still kicking a year and a half later.

Other than that they''ve all been legit. I''m not a big fan of making up stuff. Even when I''m telling the truth I feel guilty like they are going to think I''m lying. Then again, when I emailed my professor last semester about my mom dying right before finals, he didn''t believe me. So...yeah.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 3:39:58 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 4/13/2009 3:23:28 PM

Oh wait. That happened.

20.gif
LMAO. OMG. I was so going to go kick your bank managers @$$.

As for me...I''m pretty honest when it comes to that stuff. The only one I can think of was when I told my teacher that my pet was dying (she was having a seizure, and BTW the ''she'' is a hamster) and she she''s still kicking a year and a half later.

Other than that they''ve all been legit. I''m not a big fan of making up stuff. Even when I''m telling the truth I feel guilty like they are going to think I''m lying. Then again, when I emailed my professor last semester about my mom dying right before finals, he didn''t believe me. So...yeah.
Uhh... ok... WTF? How does one "tactfully" call someone out on that? What did he say to you??
38.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Dear Pricescope,

Allison can''t come out to play today because she''s overdosed on pie.

Signed,
Epstein''s mother (we''ll see how many people remember this one)
31.gif
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG...you are perilously close to sounding a lot like DF with these threads lol!!! slow day????

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 3:54:43 PM
Author: Mara
TG...you are perilously close to sounding a lot like DF with these threads lol!!! slow day????
Killing time until I have to take the kid to Physical and Occupational therapy.
2.gif
I leave in 30 minutes.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve used the car wouldn''t start excuse before. I was running really late and that was the first thing that came into my head.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 3:42:44 PM
Uhh... ok... WTF? How does one ''tactfully'' call someone out on that? What did he say to you??
38.gif
Well I''ve talked to FI about this, since he''s dealt with it before (teaching a Stats class will get you a lot of "My Grandmother/grandfather/great aunt/uncle/really old relative died." right before finals.) So when my mom passed, my friend typed out emails for me to send to all of my professors explaining what had happened. She and I have very different writing styles, and I''m assuming that whatever was said in her email didn''t quite come across as sincere (she is a very mechanical/technical writer).

Anyway, he said, "There is nothing that can be done according to the university rules. Either you take the exam when it''s scheduled, or you take an F in the class."

Um. Hey FI, does that rule exist? No?! Ok. That''s what I thought.

He didn''t even ask me for proof. Now granted it was an Intro level class with 300 students (probably 95% were 18-19) in it, but STILL. At least give me the benefit of the doubt, and show you proof!

I wrote him back saying, "Well that forces my hand to take the final at the scheduled time."

I''ll be honest. I was pretty offended. Luckily the rest of my profs were wonderful about it, allowing me to finish one class this semester (the lab for said Intro class), one gave me the grade I already had in the class, one boosted my grade a little bit assuming I was going to do the extra credit she had given us and do well on the final, one had our entire grade made up of quizzes throughout the semester and the other one offered to let me push back the final by a few days, but since FI and I were going to Vegas as soon as I was done with my finals, I had to take it at the normally scheduled time.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:05:56 PM

Date: 4/13/2009 3:42:44 PM

Uhh... ok... WTF? How does one ''tactfully'' call someone out on that? What did he say to you??
38.gif
Well I''ve talked to FI about this, since he''s dealt with it before (teaching a Stats class will get you a lot of ''My Grandmother/grandfather/great aunt/uncle/really old relative died.'' right before finals.) So when my mom passed, my friend typed out emails for me to send to all of my professors explaining what had happened. She and I have very different writing styles, and I''m assuming that whatever was said in her email didn''t quite come across as sincere (she is a very mechanical/technical writer).

Anyway, he said, ''There is nothing that can be done according to the university rules. Either you take the exam when it''s scheduled, or you take an F in the class.''

Um. Hey FI, does that rule exist? No?! Ok. That''s what I thought.

He didn''t even ask me for proof. Now granted it was an Intro level class with 300 students (probably 95% were 18-19) in it, but STILL. At least give me the benefit of the doubt, and show you proof!

I wrote him back saying, ''Well that forces my hand to take the final at the scheduled time.''

I''ll be honest. I was pretty offended. Luckily the rest of my profs were wonderful about it, allowing me to finish one class this semester (the lab for said Intro class), one gave me the grade I already had in the class, one boosted my grade a little bit assuming I was going to do the extra credit she had given us and do well on the final, one had our entire grade made up of quizzes throughout the semester and the other one offered to let me push back the final by a few days, but since FI and I were going to Vegas as soon as I was done with my finals, I had to take it at the normally scheduled time.

Holy S&%$. That is totally unacceptable. In EVERY syllabus I''ve ever had in college, there is a section on extenuating circumstances and make up exams.

That''s terriblly insensitive of a professor. At very least, he could have said he was sorry for your loss. He didn''t even say that? Shameful. Or couldnt he at least have said something like "Due to so many claims of family deaths near finals, i would need some sort of proof of circumstance in order to help you find a more suitable arrangement" or something along those lines. He could''ve at least been open to another arrangement if you could have proven it. Meh!

I''m mad at that guy now.
29.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve said I had to do inventory at work to get out of a date.. Woops.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I don''t care enough to come up with a believable excuse so I''ll just say "I''m busy" or "I have something to do." Making up excuses is one of my worst habits (even tried to give it up for lent last year) and dh hates it when I out and out lie, so being vague doesn''t make me feel quite as bad. Most recently the biggest lie I told was telling my students I couldn''t go to see their sporting event because dh was taking my car oot for the weekend.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:13:24 PM
Holy S&%$. That is totally unacceptable. In EVERY syllabus I''ve ever had in college, there is a section on extenuating circumstances and make up exams.

That''s terriblly insensitive of a professor. At very least, he could have said he was sorry for your loss. He didn''t even say that? Shameful. Or couldnt he at least have said something like ''Due to so many claims of family deaths near finals, i would need some sort of proof of circumstance in order to help you find a more suitable arrangement'' or something along those lines. He could''ve at least been open to another arrangement if you could have proven it. Meh!

I''m mad at that guy now.
29.gif
Well. He was a big jack@$$. He didn''t say ANYTHING about how he was sorry for my loss or anything else. One of my profs (the class that she just gave me the grade I had then, and also the class I found out in) sent a card around to the entire class and mailed it to me.

Our syllabus had something like that too I''m sure. I don''t really remember, I''ve kind of blocked last semester out of my head. As for what you said about "claims of family deaths", that''s pretty much exactly what FI says when some of his students pull out that excuse.

One of his students'' father died a year or so ago, and the guy was in FI''s class when his father was sick, so FI knew that the father was getting progressively worse. This dude was an athlete, so when his father passed, it was the coach who gave FI the paperwork and obituary because the student pretty much dropped out of his class after that. Even then, FI gave him an "Incomplete" and told him to finish up the rest of the work by the end of the next semester. BTW, this was only about 2 years after FI''s own mother had passed away, so he was incredibly compassionate, and even had a few meetings with the guy about what to expect, and how FI coped with school and his mom.

Anyway. I was so PI$$ED when it happened. I couldn''t believe that he would treat ANYONE like that. And of course at that point, everything was making me cry, so I just sobbed at his awful email.

Ugh. Now I''m angry at him again.
38.gif

BTW, I was considering handing in a copy of her obituary with my final, but my friend talked me out of it.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think ANYONE cant beat this:

My graduate school assistant supervisor is this god-awful loud person who literally has no mental filter. So when she asked me if she was invited to my wedding, I said.....

I DECIDED TO CANCEL THE WEDDING BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL LIKE GETTING MARRIED.

Yep. That's exactly what I said. Obviously, I was having a serious brain fart. She actually thought that was a great idea...!!

*sigh*

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
"I can''t stay for practice today because I think I have cancer"

I was in the drill team room and noticed that a mole on my side had become inflamed and painful and I convinced myself that I probably had skin cancer and needed to see a doc right away and started crying. Thats when I told my teacher the above statement and she just said "ok" without even glancing my way and let me go.
I realize cancer isn''t the least bit funny... I just think its ridiculous that I got myself so worked up about it and that my teacher didn''t seem to give a crap one way or the other.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to be pretty good with excuses
3.gif
always believable and realistic... but I do remember once telling a guy that I couldn''t go on a date with him because he wasn''t a Jehova''s Witness.

Well, neither am I.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 6:42:44 PM
Author: kama_s
I dont think ANYONE cant beat this:

My graduate school assistant supervisor is this god-awful loud person who literally has no mental filter. So when she asked me if she was invited to my wedding, I said.....

I DECIDED TO CANCEL THE WEDDING BECAUSE I DON''T FEEL LIKE GETTING MARRIED.

Yep. That''s exactly what I said. Obviously, I was having a serious brain fart. She actually thought that was a great idea...!!

*sigh*

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
ha ha ha! OMG, I agree, you can''t beat that!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Aw. Freke, I feel like there has to be a way to get the Dean of Students or ombudsperson or someone to intervene in such a case. People who have much worse excuses get their finals rescheduled.... I do realize it''s too late at this point.

As for the original question, I tend to avoid people/situations rather than making excuses (other than, "I''m not feeling well"). It''s really bad, and I always feel guilty. But I''m usually afraid I''ll have horrible karma from making up a lie to get out of something. Like, if I said I missed a meeting because my dog was sick, or my car broke down, I''d be way too afraid that my dog would then become sick, or my car would break down later just because I lied about it. [Not that I have either a car or a dog, but you know what I mean...]

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:15:02 PM
Author: musey
I used to be pretty good with excuses
3.gif
always believable and realistic... but I do remember once telling a guy that I couldn''t go on a date with him because he wasn''t a Jehova''s Witness.

Well, neither am I.

lol! Love that one!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Back Kotter??

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
well, it wasn''t an "excuse" per say...
I had made a date with a guy, who after awhile i just did not feel right about it. so the night of our date i turned off my cell phone, and turned off my room light, and told my roommates to answer the door (if they wanted too) and let him know i wasn''t home. instead we just watched him sit at the door for 10 minutes. but i was right to be sketched out by him!

I''ve used the car troubles excuse before, only to have my car break down the next month. i no longer use that one!! Other than that, i tell E to use me as an excuse if he does not want to hang out with friends. I don''t care being the bad guy, as long as i get ice cream out of it
9.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
The last time I said I have to help a friend to move from her apartment, so I could leave work a couple hours early =P

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results