shape
carat
color
clarity

My city is on fire and my house is gone.

Lovebirdy

Rough_Rock
It's 4 am and I haven't slept at all. We are 8 hours away on vacation and were unable to save anything. 200 ft flames barreled down our neighborhood destroying everything including our 3 cars. Over 28,000 acres burned and still going. I'm devastated but so thankful my family and bird are safe. People say it's just stuff but it was our home and memories. Feeling lost...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh honey I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry.

*huggles*

Bancsy

Rough_Rock
I am so sorry this has happened to you but so grateful that you and your family (including your bird) are safe.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, how devasting.
Thank God you and your family are safe, but to lose all your belongings, house and cars is heartbreaking.
Sending you lots of hugs xxx

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh noooo, I'm sorry to hear this. :(

I guess it is correct to say that our possessions are just 'stuff' that we can't take with us when we ultimately go, but it is the memories attached to them that makes them special, so I entirely appreciate how you feel right now.

I hope you are able to stay strong as a family and make a fresh start together, creating new memories and collecting new things - years from now you'll look back and be able to see how this has moved your life on in a new direction, but for now, you must go through the natural grieving process for your loss.

We are here if you need us! and I wish you all the best for whatever the slightly-scary-but-brave new world holds for you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I know where you are and my sister is moving there in 3 weeks and has a house under contract. My BIL’s new job is also threatened.

I’ve been following all the updates.

I’m so sorry you lost your house! The house they have under contract is threatened... fire all around. It’s in old S***** area.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister just found out the beautiful house she was under contract with burned to the ground.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear about your home, Lovebirdy. I'm glad your family is safe.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for you loss lovebirdy. I’d be heartbroken to lose my things. It’s not the monetary value - it’s the sentimentality. Of course the most important thing is that you and your family are safe, but it’s ok to grieve for what you lost. I hope you’re able to recover and rebuild soon.

Lovebirdy

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the kind words and sympathy! With my lack of sleep I forgot I posted here. Unfortunately the fire has gotten worse and is at 48,000 acres, over 500 structures burned and two dead. It literally looks like hell on Earth.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:cry2: I am sorry for your loss .

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for the kind words and sympathy! With my lack of sleep I forgot I posted here. Unfortunately the fire has gotten worse and is at 48,000 acres, over 500 structures burned and two dead. It literally looks like hell on Earth.

We really are very tiny when nature decides to show its might.

Nature does bounce back very well, though - a few years and it's likely to be green and lush again. I hope you can bounce back equally well :)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh @Lovebirdy I’m so sorry for all that you’ve lost. But what a blessing that you and your family, feathered or not have gotten out safely

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, words can’t express how sorry I am for you. I am thankful your family is safe. They are the irreplaceable things. I know belongings carry memories, but so does your heart and soul.
If it can be bought it’s replaceable.
Be well. I am sorry....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry @Lovebirdy - such a terrible thing to experience :(2 Very glad your family and bird are safe. Sending hugs and support to you. <3

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovebirdy
I am so very sorry to hear this. I used to live in SoCal and clearly remember when our city had 30,000 acres burn. My friend lost her home to a fire in Malibu even before I met her, and it was terrible. I can only imagine the feelings running through you right now. From what I've seen off the aftermath of the Ojai fire, there will be resources available to you, I hope you are able to navigate those avenues so that your family can begin to heal and move on. Hugs.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry @Lovebirdy. This is just devastating, and from what I’ve read it’s going to get a lot worse as it’s only 5% contained. Praying for everyone that there is no more loss of life. :cry2: Thank goodness you and your family are out of harms way. I can only imagine your shock but so glad you are safe. Hugs!! It always makes me so sad to think of all the poor wildlife caught up in wildfires.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry Lovebirdy. I am glad you and your family are safe but the loss is awful for you and so many other families.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you @Lovebirdy I can only imagine what you are going through.

wetsawblade

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry for your devastating loss. My daughter is a veterinary student at UCD, they are always ready to assist animals should you or your community need. Please reach out to them if needed, and best wishes going ahead.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovebirdy I am so very very sorry for your losses. I'm so thankful that you and your family (and birdy!) are all ok, but it's fine to grieve for all of your things too! The sentimentalty attached to some 'stuff', not to mention the hard work that went into acquiring a lot of it, is impossible to disregard once it is lost. Much love to you and your family, I cannot imagine what it must be like.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so so sorry to hear of the loss of your home!! Just glad to know that you and your family are safe. Sending prayers and thoughts your way!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovebirdy, if you could do with some little sparkles to bring you cheer, my contact details are on Loupe Troop (loose stones - Rubellite). Plenty to share, delighted to be able to share.
So more than happy, and no trouble, to send you a special pack!

Perisko

Rough_Rock
What a pity!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am only now seeing this ... (

The forum's tracking tells me that you have not passed by since August - and for such a reason! I can only hope you are safe, at least, and life goes on despite the - incomprehensible devastation.

It is difficult to be happy for no obvious reason, but this is what EOY is for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results