shape
carat
color
clarity

Moving in...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prima412

Rough_Rock
Hey guys I''m kinda new at this so bear with me...
Okay I''ve been dating this guy for about five months now, and it''s moving somewhat faster than what I''m used to. I''m fine with it for the most part, and so is he (we''ve discussed it). The thing is, he stays the night at my house fairly often, and although I''m fine with it, and we usually just fall asleep around two in the morning (we both work late), I still live with my mom and stepfather. They don''t care that he sleeps here since nothing could happen anyway (you don''t get much privacy with eight people living in one house). But Lately I''m debating on asking him if he wants to just move out, me and him. Financially, we could afford it, but will he freak out? He brings up marraige and children alot, but I think this is a little more possible at the moment and may scare him. Any opinions?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
If you feel you guys are both up to it, go for it. Put the idea out there and see if he embraces it. But before you move in together, you should think about what you want out of this relationship. Do you think this man is your future husband? If so you might want to address those feelings now. What kind of time line are you working with?

You may think I'm getting ahead of things but you wouldn't be wanting to move in with him if you didn't feel long term potential. Just be sure that you both feel the same. You may want to get engaged or hitched in a year if things go well and what if his intention is to just shack up for eternity, or he wants marriage in five years? Even wanting the same thing at different times can kill a relationship if your not careful. Look for a post by murrayk (there are two-you want the more recent). But, if he has discussed marriage and children chances are he'll be fine with you guys moving ahead. However, when we consider if he'll freak out we never seem to consider that he will come up with something like, "well if we're ready to live together, we're ready for marriage"--just putting it out there. You know your guy better than me.

russ

Rough_Rock
If you are scared of how he'll react, drop hints and let him make the suggestion. Tell him things like you want to move out, you are sick of living with your parents, and you can't afford to live on your own, you would need a roomate.

See what he does with this info

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results