shape
carat
color
clarity

Motorola Cellphones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pupper

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
Going to renew my cellphone contract this week & was thinking of switching from my Samsung (u line) which I''ve always gotten to a Motorola RZR or KRZR (leaning toward the KRZR, as the talk time/standby time is exceptionally long with the reg battery). I''m just looking for a basic cellie (e-mail/i-net not nec).

Anyone like or dislike the Motorolas? I like that they can fit in a pocket w/out bulging as much, the internal antenna (which supposedly has great reception!) & the longer talk/standby time.

But there''s no substitute for hearing about it from someone who already owns one... would luv your input... thanks soo much!! :)

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I switced to the MOTOSLVR, a basic open faced phone (no camera, no mp3) from a Sony E. I need something uncomplicated and prefer the buttons out in the open.

I really didn''t like it at first because it was soooo different, but once I got to understanding all it''s features I actually prefer it. It holds a charge forever, uses bluetooth, and has so many "personalization" features that work for me. I love the calendar with reminders so I no longer need a date book because it''s sooo simple. The address book feature is really great too and can be categorized to specifics.

I hope that helps.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
who is your provider? Verizon Razrs do NOT have long battery life. Why, I do not know, but they do not. I have had to go to the store a bunch of times because my charger (a motorola one meant for the phone) suddenly is unauthorized or I cannot hear callers even with the volume up at 7. They have replaced the phone at least three times.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
That''s got to be frustrating!

I''ve got Cingular, it seemed better without the AT&T. I probably only charge the thing once a week and never shut it off. Though I''m not a real talker, I use it everyday and the charge for the blueAnt lasts a couple of weeks too. I did get a car charger because the regular charge lasts so long that when it finally decides to die there is nearly no warning and I don''t like to be without a phone.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use my phone a ton, and charge it every single night, it sits on my desk. And even with a car charger, I seriously have issues. I charge it all night, it says charge complete, I use it for maybe an hour and the battery is beeping. They told me one time the battery was fine. To check it now, I have to go to the store, wait in line for service because they are seriously understaffed for the volume they do, and then leave the phone for at least two hours while they check it, only for them to say it is fine. What a PITA. I must say I use the heck out of it, everyone calls me on it! But still the phone is not my fave, I love how thin it is but am not sure I will keep it when the contract is up.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both BF and I have Motorola phones from Cingular. I have a razr and he has a slvr. We love both of them and haven''t had any problems. Both of ours only need to be charged once a week or so even though I use mine somewhat regularly.

Pupper

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies :)
I do have Verizon- have had t-mobile & att in the past, which has really bad reception in my area. I''m content w Verizon & am going to keep them for another 2 yrs even tho their customer svc isnt the greatest (whose is?)...
The last Samsung I had had charging issues too so I brought it back after a wk or two & insisted I get a new one (they wanted to test it & I said no- new phone or i walk).
The one i have now is fine & I luved the Samsung I had before it so I''m not sure if I should stick w them or go to the KRZR, which has talk time of >250 mins & standby time of >400 hrs. Would luv to be able to go a wk btwn charges...
Thanks again for all your help!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The KRZR is likely better than the RZR phone then, I would be willing to try that one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results