shape
carat
color
clarity

Mother''s Day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
What are you planning to do/ get for your Momma?

Are you cutting back on what you will be doing/ getting for your Mother in this unforgiving economy?

Husbands and sons: Are you getting her any *Bling* this year?
31.gif

PS MOmmies: are you expecting any *Bling* this year?
27.gif

Who''s already got their M-Day gift out the way?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I "lucked" into a mom''s day gift this year: I have a Pandora bracelet, and my jeweler was running a promo where if you bought a $25 bead, you got a free bracelet, so I got the bracelet for my mom b/c she said she''d love to have one when she saw mine. Got my brother and SIL in on it, so hope to have not only the bracelet but a couple beads to give her this year, as well.
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s a super sweet gift Monnie - what a sweet thing for your mommy
1.gif

I''m not at all sure what I''m getting my mom yet, but probably not bling. Possibly something nice that we can do together, like a nice day out together with lunch or something - I''m moving away in about 5 months, and I know she (and I) will both miss spending time with one another, so I think time together may be the best thing I can get her
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our mother''s day was back in March so I brought my mam out to lunch and also got her perfume.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be on a 6 hour flight back from Vegas
39.gif
. I already sent her flowers on her birthday and don''t want to do the same. I have no idea what to do and feel horrible I''m not going to at least visit her
7.gif

The good side though is that she''s Dominican and they celebrate mother''s day on the 30th so I can make plans to spend the day with her then
3.gif

I''m not a mommy yet.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
She''s been wanting to try the Bare Minerals makeup for a while (I''ve been using it for a while now and she always comments on how good it looks on), so I think I''ll get her a starter kit for that. Also thought about sending her a fruit basket - we sometimes do flowers, but I thought that might be something new and fun. Still thinking of any other ideas - interested to hear what you guys are doing!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
This year I''m not getting anything to my mom
39.gif
, she leaves in Mexico, so I if I fedex something will be like 40 usd, so I better not
41.gif
. She is coiming to visit me on the summer, so I have some presents here already. So, I''m going to wait for her to come, so we can celebrate together. Past year i brought her to NYC on mother day as a present. But this year, I rather her to come in summer
9.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I got my mom and MIL lockets (yes, they''ve both mentioned they like lockets), and I''m going to put pics of my baby in them. For MIL, who has 2 grandchildren I''ll put one of each of them. My mom only has my little guy so far, so she gets 2 pics of him!

This will be my first mother''s day as a new mommy, but I don''t have very high hopes for DH, I had to pick out and purchase my own push present... He just isn''t that in to gifts, but at least he''s a great guy and is awesome with the baby!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my mother get the same as last year: a donation in her name to a group that helps homeless kids on the street. it is the greatest honor i can do for her on a day meant to honor ''mothering''.

mz

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I''m hosting a huge Mothers Day dinner for all the people in my family. I''m making homemade green-pepper and provolone stuffed sausage, an authentic red-sauce for sandwichs and thick burgers varing from plain to stuffed with black truffles and rimmed in corse pepper, and a bunch of other side items.

I bought my MIL a lovely basket that I am slowly filling with all her favorite Chicago things since she will be in town. And for my mom, I have had collected all my favorite cosmetic products and will replenish her stock with new things!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 3:14:20 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

I bought my MIL a lovely basket that I am slowly filling with all her favorite Chicago things since she will be in town. And for my mom, I have had collected all my favorite cosmetic products and will replenish her stock with new things!
I love that idea of replenishing all preferred cosmetics!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 3:56:12 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

I love that idea of replenishing all preferred cosmetics!
Well, I work for a cosmetics company...and over the years she''s fallen for some of the products my company sells. But I still have to buy other brands, and it''s funny, because I have such sticker shock and how quickly it adds up never fails to amaze me...even with my discount!

Oh...and thats a good tip....I cannot believe I never thought to mention this before...some cosmetic companies offer discounts like 20%-50% off their products if you are a "professional" ... MAC is tough to get around, but other companies like NARS--all you need to do is fill out a request form and send a check for $25.00 and you get a huge discount on all products!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 3:59:58 PM

Well, I work for a cosmetics company...and over the years she''s fallen for some of the products my company sells. But I still have to buy other brands, and it''s funny, because I have such sticker shock and how quickly it adds up never fails to amaze me...even with my discount!

Oh...and thats a good tip....I cannot believe I never thought to mention this before...some cosmetic companies offer discounts like 20%-50% off their products if you are a ''professional'' ... MAC is tough to get around, but other companies like NARS--all you need to do is fill out a request form and send a check for $25.00 and you get a huge discount on all products!
Haha how cool! I know some people that have done that in some sense... they still sold makeup a bit, but they loved it just as much for the 50% discount they got on all the things they used!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Italia, I"m going to have to threadjack and ask you for some recipes from your Mothers'' Day dinner. Sounds incredible!

I''ll probably send flowers to my mom. We''re flying down the weekend after to do a memorial for my grandma who passed. Maybe we''ll do something again then when all three of us kids are around.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am going to make mom a nice homemade dinner and bring a good bottle of wine. Maybe some tulips or daffodils too. Jewelry makes a nice gift, but she already has that covered.
20.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:46:40 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Italia, I''m going to have to threadjack and ask you for some recipes from your Mothers'' Day dinner. Sounds incredible!

I''ll probably send flowers to my mom. We''re flying down the weekend after to do a memorial for my grandma who passed. Maybe we''ll do something again then when all three of us kids are around.
Which one would you like?

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I got this on ebay... I have been wanting to get my mom a 3 stone-ish ring lately because my parents got divorced in Dec, and sadly she sold her engagement ring from my dad at a pawn shop, along with a birthstone ring of her children (me, my brother and sister) because it was from my dad. These are small diamonds, but I think she might like it...
ETA: I wanted three stone because she has us three kids!
3.gif

1239822472.jpg

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 9:46:58 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
I got this on ebay... I have been wanting to get my mom a 3 stone-ish ring lately because my parents got divorced in Dec, and sadly she sold her engagement ring from my dad at a pawn shop, along with a birthstone ring of her children (me, my brother and sister) because it was from my dad. These are small diamonds, but I think she might like it...

ETA: I wanted three stone because she has us three kids!
3.gif

I think that''s a lovely idea, and a lovely ring!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 5:23:54 AM
Author: bee*
Our mother''s day was back in March so I brought my mam out to lunch and also got her perfume.
Yes, here it''s in March as well. I went to a flower market early in the morning and made a huge colourful bouquet with different flowers for her. She loves flowers more than anything else so she was really happy.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
My mother died when I was in Primary school, and my dad is remarrying next Saturday.

I''m not to sure whether to get the Step-Mother a gift or not... maybe a bunch of flowers? It just doesn''t feel right... Hmmm
20.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 10:19:47 AM
She''s been wanting to try the Bare Minerals makeup for a while (I''ve been using it for a while now and she always comments on how good it looks on), so I think I''ll get her a starter kit for that. Also thought about sending her a fruit basket - we sometimes do flowers, but I thought that might be something new and fun. Still thinking of any other ideas - interested to hear what you guys are doing!

Ooh - good idea! They have some really great value sets up on Sephora right now - I was browsing through them the other day, ended up getting my mom a really cute Stila one that comes in an adorable little gold linen clutch, which I know she will really like
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m hosting a huge Mothers Day dinner for all the people in my family. I''m making homemade green-pepper and provolone stuffed sausage, an authentic red-sauce for sandwichs and thick burgers varing from plain to stuffed with black truffles and rimmed in corse pepper, and a bunch of other side items.

Wow - you are incredibly generous considering how your MIL has treated you - what a big heart and kind spirit you must have
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:22:32 PM
Date: 4/23/2009 3:59:58 PM

Oh...and thats a good tip....I cannot believe I never thought to mention this before...some cosmetic companies offer discounts like 20%-50% off their products if you are a ''professional'' ... MAC is tough to get around, but other companies like NARS--all you need to do is fill out a request form and send a check for $25.00 and you get a huge discount on all products!

OMG Italia I think you just became my new best friend - do other companies have discounts?? I would LOVE to get a discount on cosmetics - I spend far too much (as my DH always reminds me
20.gif
3.gif
)

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I get our moms together every year and take both of them out to dinner, and we usually get both of them a little something, like pjs or flowers or candy or something as well. Our moms are a hoot together, so it''s always a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results