shape
carat
color
clarity

Mobile App Tapatalk or Forum Runner?

Which do you use Tapatalk or Forum Runner?

• Tapatalk

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Forum Runner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am looking into Mobile Apps. The 2 most popular are Tapatalk and Forum Runner. I am still looking through the details what will work best with our platforms, but wondering how many people are already using either one and which one. Please vote so I can see some numbers.

I've only ever used Tapatalk. I found it to be a bit bulky to get used to (like everything new!) but once I was on it and going I've found it to be a lot easier than using safari. I do think it is easier to use while on the go, especially if I want to spend 10 minutes browsing PS while at work. I would much much rather look at tapatalk than deal with opening it in a browser.

I just use Opera Mini. I've been using it for oh, I don't know, maybe 7 years now? and have never had a problem.

I have used both. I have another luxury forum I am on and they have their own app that requires Forum Runner to get push notifications. I have used Tapatalk on tech forums, the only problem with that one is just that sometimes photos won't be viewable.

I have Tapatalk. One thing I really like about it is it's really easy to keep track of posts in which you have been active.

We just installed Tapatalk for testing.
Actually Making this post via the app.

Images are not working at this time.

Woot!! I'm on it too!

I haven't used either app, but just wanted to ask that you please develop an Android app, not just iphone! Almost twice as many smartphone users have Android phones compared to iphones, but developers often alienate us Android users by creating only an iphone app. You may have already planned for this...but please don't leave Android users in the dust!

Both apps will work on Iphone as well as Android.

I just spotted this... In the list of topics Dancing Fire is showing as his original screen name of vtigger.

a6898ea6-c5f2-816e.jpg

Using tapatalk now, love it!!!!

Just a reminder we are testing it out. It is temporary until we make a decision. We would have to have additional custom work done to fix some of the issues that are showing up on tapatalk because our forum has customization done.

We will be testing out forum runner soon.

Please keep the comments coming to let us know what you think.

Thank you.

So far I LOVE it! It runs so much faster on my phone than going through Safari, and I can get a connection while I'm at my desk at work (not always so true with loading a full Safari page).

Making a post with forum runner.

Adding a picture for test.

image-1397801707.jpg

My husband just bought tapatalk so I thought I'd try it. It works great with the forum but it crashes on me when I try to cancel something and it would not let me add a photo.

I'm using tapatalk right now and love it- but like Marcy it wouldn't let me upload pics.

Thanks, Amy. I really like it for looking through the forum.

I only downloaded tapatalk because it was suggested by a pop up from this forum when I accessed from my iPad. I wouldn't have paid for the app if I had known it was only being tested and not a sure thing.

SweetAsscher|1329628491|3129179 said:
I only downloaded tapatalk because it was suggested by a pop up from this forum when I accessed from my iPad. I wouldn't have paid for the app if I had known it was only being tested and not a sure thing.

same. ought O

SweetAsscher|1329628491|3129179 said:
Same here....

I am very sorry for the pop up. We will try to have tapatalk running for those that made the purchase.

Andrey, just so you're aware, when I went to PS on Safari on my iPhone I got a Forum Runner pop-up... I also probably wouldn't have bothered purchasing the Forum Runner app if I'd realised it was only under testing. I never got a Tapatalk pop up though.

Buttons said:
Andrey, just so you're aware, when I went to PS on Safari on my iPhone I got a Forum Runner pop-up... I also probably wouldn't have bothered purchasing the Forum Runner app if I'd realised it was only under testing. I never got a Tapatalk pop up though.

That's what happen with me too. I got the pop up on my iPhone and I bought the forum runner app. It's working fine for me but now I wonder if I should have gotten the other one? Hmm.

I am hoping to get both apps to work and create a branded version in the near future. I will try and see if that pop up can be disabled.

Thank you all for letting me know.

chele162|1329855753|3131044 said:
Buttons said:

That's what happen with me too. I got the pop up on my iPhone and I bought the forum runner app. It's working fine for me but now I wonder if I should have gotten the other one? Hmm.

Yep, same here. I got the forum runner pop-up. I bought the app. I already had Tapatalk...obviously wouldn't have bought the new one if I knew 1) it was testing only, and 2) the site was available on both apps.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP