shape
carat
color
clarity

Miss my grandma

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
On this Mother’s Day I am really missing my maternal grandmother. She loved jewelry and saved up for a long time so she could buy a 1 ctw diamond pendant and earrings set. If she were here today I would buy her all the diamonds I could and we would go window shopping every weekend. Meanwhile my mom and daughter would play football in the backyard because apparently the love of jewelry skips a generation. :lol-2:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not Mother’s Day here (was in March), but I miss my grandma too! She didn’t have much money for extras like jewellery, but the pieces she had suited her style. I’m still coveting her string of faceted amethyst beads, currently in my mum‘s possession. She also taught me about budgeting and saving from a very early age, so I knew how to get and then really value the precious things I bought.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
On this Mother’s Day I am really missing my maternal grandmother. She loved jewelry and saved up for a long time so she could buy a 1 ctw diamond pendant and earrings set. If she were here today I would buy her all the diamonds I could and we would go window shopping every weekend. Meanwhile my mom and daughter would play football in the backyard because apparently the love of jewelry skips a generation. :lol-2:

Yes! It’s the same in my family! Well, it’s not football that my mom and daughter are into, but it sure isn’t jewelry, either.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I miss my Grammy. She died when I was 7 but we had a pretty tight bond until she passed.
My grandfather (her husband) suffered a serious brain injury shortly into their marriage and then died a few years after that. She worked 3 jobs while raising 2 kids essentially alone. The little bit of jewellery she had, she sold.
I wish I could get her something beautiful to wear.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad's mum died when he was 15
Dad had 5 sisters so he had very little stuff from home
I have Grandma's Aspidestra
Its not bling but its alive ! And it reminds me of her even though i never knew her or my grandad

My mum's mum was an awsome grandma but my sister and I are the youngest and Grandma died at 72 and she was sick - she seemed like such an old lady but Bruce Springsteen is the same age now
I have Grandma's ER inherited from my mother who was the only daughter
When i wear it i think about how hard my grandad had to work to buy that diamond but they must have been good savers because they built a new house in a fancy part of town- my grandad was a tradesmen in a factory (but they didn't drink)
they got married quite late due to the depression- grandma and grandad were both almost 30
Then a few years latter Grandad got shipped off to WW2 when mum was either a baby or hadn't yet been born
thankfully he came home again and in one piece

I envy people who are adults or even older teenagere who still have grandparents
A lot of the time they do not seem to appreate or know what they have

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On this Mother’s Day I am really missing my maternal grandmother.

Aw! My grandma passed when I was 8. Wish we all had more time with our grandmas.

Aww I am so sorry @oncrutchesrightnow. And ditto.

I miss my grandma too. She died in 1992. Too young. I feel grateful for all the years I had with her. She was an amazing woman. Life goes too quickly and is too short and it's cruel. I am just grateful for having had her in my life and though I don't really believe in anything after death I hope somehow I am wrong and that I will be reunited with her and all my deceased loved ones one day.

Gentle hugs to all of you missing your grandmas.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results