shape
carat
color
clarity

Mexican marriage license

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

petuniaprincess

Rough_Rock
I was married this past Monday in Mexico, where we received our marriage license. We live in Virginia, so I was wondering if I need to file the Mexican marriage license with the local courts to make it valid in the US?

Anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be great. I haven''t found much on the internet
33.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I believe you absolutely MUST file with your local hall of records! Otherwise your marriage might not be recognized. I was told that if you marry in Mexico you have to have blood tests there before the marriage...is that true? Regarding the license, you really need to go to your local city hall and talk to them directly and bring your Mexican wedding license with you as well. I''d also take your husband with you in case they need to see both of you in person.

petuniaprincess

Rough_Rock
Yes, we had to watch a 20 minute video and have bloodwork done while in Mexico before the wedding. I have been trying to call our local circuit court --- as online it says they are responsible for marriage licenses --- and they never answer, so I think I will just make a trip down there.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results