shape
carat
color
clarity

Menu suggestions for brunch menu...Please?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad the brunch went well.

Thanksgiving/Christmas buffet next perhaps? :mrgreen:

DK :))

Thanks @dk168! I get Christmas Eve and Christmas..but that menu is carved in stone..Thanksgiving this year is up in the air with family issues..so I may be cooking for just one other person besides our four..If that doesn’t work out we’re going out to eat! We did that last year..My husband said I didn’t stop smiling the whole time. I’m always exhausted at Thanksgiving because I make a ton of food for four people..with limited help..Yay for going out!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @dk168! I get Christmas Eve and Christmas..but that menu is carved in stone..Thanksgiving this year is up in the air with family issues..so I may be cooking for just one other person besides our four..If that doesn’t work out we’re going out to eat! We did that last year..My husband said I didn’t stop smiling the whole time. I’m always exhausted at Thanksgiving because I make a ton of food for four people..with limited help..Yay for going out!

I hear you!

Mind you, I love Christmas because of the cookathon that I have planned for myself. It is the only time when I would make a roast. This year I am planning on two roasts, a duck or a goose for the big day, and a slap of belly pork on Boxing Day.

And I shall attempt two new starters.

Peeps think I am nuts doing all these just for myself, and I don't see why not as I love to cook and to eat!

DK :mrgreen:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear you!

Mind you, I love Christmas because of the cookathon that I have planned for myself. It is the only time when I would make a roast. This year I am planning on two roasts, a duck or a goose for the big day, and a slap of belly pork on Boxing Day.

And I shall attempt two new starters.

Peeps think I am nuts doing all these just for myself, and I don't see why not as I love to cook and to eat!

DK :mrgreen:

Yummy!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad the brunch was a success and everyone had a good time. I had to laugh about your comment about Thanksgiving. I just made a reservation formThanksgiving. My SIL made dinner last year and it’s never fun for her so hopefully everyone will be happy with the going out to dinner. My mom made dinner for so many years and frankly now that she is in her 80’s wants nothing to do with it either. Honestly I would much rather have everyone enjoy the day and not have to deal with the hassle of cooking. It’s a lot of work.

I hope your son is feeling better Joanne.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so glad the brunch was a success and everyone had a good time. I had to laugh about your comment about Thanksgiving. I just made a reservation formThanksgiving. My SIL made dinner last year and it’s never fun for her so hopefully everyone will be happy with the going out to dinner. My mom made dinner for so many years and frankly now that she is in her 80’s wants nothing to do with it either. Honestly I would much rather have everyone enjoy the day and not have to deal with the hassle of cooking. It’s a lot of work.

I hope your son is feeling better Joanne.

Thank you @Calliecake...There’s still lots of issues from when the problem was active..so just taking it day by day at this point. I invited him to Thanksgiving Dinner but don’t know if he can make it. He can’t call at this time...My husband said to make reservations..and if he can make it to dinner here I can just cancel the restaurant reservation. I wouldn’t be able to get the pick of the crop of turkeys at a late date but I’m sure I’ll find something...I don’t even like turkey...:sick: I do love all the side dishes though...Yummmmmm...
I think your SIL needs a break..Thanksgiving out is the best if you don’t have someone to cook for you. Years ago people with large families would each bring a dish. That’s the way it should be. I have the tiniest family...My daughter-in-law has her family for Thanksgiving...so it’s not worth me cooking a huge meal for just the four of us..

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like turkey too, hence I always have duck or goose.

DK :))

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah try corn/zuccini fritters with bacon, poached eggs, spinach/greens and topped with sour cream & sweet chilli sauce - trust me it's divine... :lickout:

Recipe please. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results