shape
carat
color
clarity

Megxit

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be a royal "spare" prince of England in the 21st century... a lifelong curse.

I believe this just won the internet for greatest first world problem.

I can't. Sheesh. :boohoo:

#99problems :lol::lol:

Agree. Find it hard to feel sorry for people born into a life of unimaginable privilege/luxury. People born into a high profile family can choose to spend their time away from the news cycle, society events, etc. doing anonymous or low key good deeds if they prefer a quiet life.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Agree. Find it hard to feel sorry for people born into a life of unimaginable privilege/luxury. People born into a high profile family can choose to spend their time away from the news cycle, society events, etc. doing anonymous or low key good deeds if they prefer a quiet life."

That's actually the complete opposite. Harry did NOT have a choice how he led his life, down to a very strict schedule and which news media outlets he needed to talk to or have take his picture. He did not have the choice to do anonymous or low key good deeds if he preferred a quiet life. So I find that quite ironic your post. His and his wife's situation IS different than a regular person born to say a rich family. The only way that they WOULD have that choice, is by doing what they did, which you condemn. Guess there's no pleasing some. You would think the British would be pleased to have someone off the royal teat.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Agree. Find it hard to feel sorry for people born into a life of unimaginable privilege/luxury. People born into a high profile family can choose to spend their time away from the news cycle, society events, etc. doing anonymous or low key good deeds if they prefer a quiet life."

That's actually the complete opposite. Harry did NOT have a choice how he led his life, down to a very strict schedule and which news media outlets he needed to talk to or have take his picture. He did not have the choice to do anonymous or low key good deeds if he preferred a quiet life. So I find that quite ironic your post. His and his wife's situation IS different than a regular person born to say a rich family. The only way that they WOULD have that choice, is by doing what they did, which you condemn. Guess there's no pleasing some. You would think the British would be pleased to have someone off the royal teat.

i didn't condemn anything and i'm not british....my point was no matter what you're born to you can choose a quiet life if that's what you really want. prince philip's mother became a nun, many hollywood celebrities drop off the grid, everyone has a choice

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read some photographer saying a photo of the 3 of them with baby Archies face visible was worth 1 million dollars ! With that sort of “payday” do you think they‘ll be left alone?
and I think they will have much more intrusion from the Press now they are away from England and not HRH.
And somewhere in England Prince Andrew is saying thank you thank you thank you.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

On your post, I disagree. He did not have to remain a ‘senior/working royal’; he could have stepped back/away from it all long ago ... long before he married in fact, and spared Meg & Archie/future children. He/they could have been all set-up in an undisclosed location, living quietly, quietly supporting their personal charities, etc.

On your avatar, may I ask what the pretty stone is? :love:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If their aim was to have less attention from the press they certainly chose an interesting way to go about it. Frankly I dont think the marriage will last, but I may just be a jaded old bat.

Haha may I ask why you think this?

My husband and I are ridiculously naive when it comes to these marriages.

He thought Katie Perry and Russel Brand would last.

I thought Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth would last.

Clearly we're missing the point on something cuz these failed within months! :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mother thing it is a garnet! actually, some form of grossular Mali.

I'm probably projecting too much on their lives as I dislike pomp and circumstance to the point I eloped! (never dreamed of a fairytale wedding) So their life would be a form of torture for me.

It was a perfect storm: Harry got a little taste of "normal" life when he was in the military,which apparently really agreed with him. Meghan while she did have to deal with publicity in terms of being an actress and Hollywood, and probably thought she could handle it better than most, was a private citizen and not from the UK, so LESS prepared than a British person would be in understanding what would entail. Harry probably would have continued to go along to get along. But as a couple they realized that was NOT how they wanted to continue living their life. Especially after their child was part of the deal. I feel SO protective of my kids, I don't think I would handle well my child being expected to be in the public with all that entails (though obviously some like the Kardashians love and thrive in that kind of life, so people vary).

Mellow yellow I am not surprised either of the couples you mentioned did not last, for very obvious reasons of their personalities. One of the splits that made me feel sad was Chris Pratt's divorce. I'm over it now but I also think I overly identified with it, around same time of my split; my ex was a funny lovable loser type who couldn't handle that yes! he was attractive to women, which I had told him way before he believed in it himself. But once he did he made up for lost time and ditched the wife who was there for him through thick and thin. However I don't presume to know what actually happened in their relationship. Hell I don't even understand what happened in my own relationship.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy Very pretty Mali! I love how chunky the faceting appears; have you set it or did you just get it? I ordered a Mali several years back that looked beautifully ‘yellow’ in pics, but sadly when it arrived, it had way too much ‘green’ in it for my liking, so I returned it. I was also just exchanging messages with the person who purchased my PG-cut Rhodolite garnet, noting that the other garnet (Umba) I’d bought and preferred/kept has really renewed my appreciation for this under-appreciated gem (think I’ve just spent too much time lately loving on diamonds). I finally got around to setting the Umba in the pre-loved YG Sholdt setting I bought from D&T last summer, and I freaking LOVE it! Pics don’t do it’s rich, flashy, crimson-red color justice ... it was just what I was after (and didn’t want to spend in what it would have cost) in a ruby.

On these Royals ... it/they have zero bearing on my life so at the end of the day, I really don’t care what they choose to do/don’t do. I merely detest the hypocrisy of their words not matching their actions, and the blame-game they’re playing pointing the finger at everyone else with no regard to how many of their other fingers point back at them for making their choices.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On these Royals ... it/they have zero bearing on my life so at the end of the day, I really don’t care what they choose to do/don’t do. I merely detest the hypocrisy of their words not matching their actions, and the blame-game they’re playing pointing the finger at everyone else with no regard to how many of their other fingers point back at them for making their choices.

100% agree! Most people in my circle have no issues with the way they’re making their exit so I’m in the minority for sure. You nailed it about their hypocrisy and blame-game.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...I'm probably projecting too much on their lives as I dislike pomp and circumstance to the point I eloped! (never dreamed of a fairytale wedding) So their life would be a form of torture for me.

It was a perfect storm: Harry got a little taste of "normal" life when he was in the military,which apparently really agreed with him. Meghan while she did have to deal with publicity in terms of being an actress and Hollywood, and probably thought she could handle it better than most, was a private citizen and not from the UK, so LESS prepared than a British person would be in understanding what would entail. Harry probably would have continued to go along to get along. But as a couple they realized that was NOT how they wanted to continue living their life. Especially after their child was part of the deal. I feel SO protective of my kids, I don't think I would handle well my child being expected to be in the public with all that entails (though obviously some like the Kardashians love and thrive in that kind of life, so people vary).

Mellow yellow I am not surprised either of the couples you mentioned did not last, for very obvious reasons of their personalities. One of the splits that made me feel sad was Chris Pratt's divorce. I'm over it now but I also think I overly identified with it, around same time of my split; my ex was a funny lovable loser type who couldn't handle that yes! he was attractive to women, which I had told him way before he believed in it himself. But once he did he made up for lost time and ditched the wife who was there for him through thick and thin. However I don't presume to know what actually happened in their relationship. Hell I don't even understand what happened in my own relationship.

I agree with 100% of this... esp the Chris Pratt part. So sad. I'm very sorry that same type of situation happened to you. ::)

I still feel like MM has "big plans" for them (read: herself) - at any cost. But as you mentioned, none of us know them from Adam, so I hope I'm totally wrong, and they can live a very happy life, in the exact way they desire.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Image result for girl same gif

...are you in my brain, @themotherthing?? :lol: :shock::lol:

“Great minds“ and all ... I’d be happy to just play in your jewelry box. :bigsmile:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be a royal "spare" prince of England in the 21st century... a lifelong curse.

I believe this just won the internet for greatest first world problem.

I can't. Sheesh. :boohoo:

#99problems :lol::lol:

On the one hand I agree with you but on the other, not many people as children have to live through having their mother effectively chased and murdered by the European press....

We don't know what the the media have been doing to try and get photographs and intrude into the lives of his wife and child, I suspect something has happened to remove Archie to Canada the way they did.

I don't want to judge him without knowing all the facts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results