shape
carat
color
clarity

Meat Loaf Passed Away

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
"Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side," the statement read. "Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours."

Born Marvin Lee Aday in Dallas in 1947, the musician better known by his stage name Meat Loaf became a legendary voice in rock music with a career that spanned six decades.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad. I loved his music.
I cannot even pick a favorite song. I loved all of them.

I saw him many years ago (around 1995 I think) at The Gramercy Tavern.
I said look it's Meat loaf. And Greg said there's meatloaf on the menu?
I said no, look over there. It is Meat loaf.

RIP Meat loaf.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sad, I grew up with his music.

Reactions: DAF

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh, love him. So sad to hear this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Sad news.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing I saw today: "I would do anything for love, but I won't get vaxxed".

It could have maybe been prevented but .....hmmm yeah, what a hill to die on. Loved his music though.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Meatloaf!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what to think when someone who refused to get vaxxed etc. for no medical reason dies from Covid. I do feel like a lot of it wasn't really their fault because they probably just genuinely believed many of our countries (USA) leaders. After all, everyone is not equally capable of sorting fact from fiction.

I feel like those at the top who have spread the disinformation and shaken public faith in our top medical establishments while in public office should be held accountable for the horrific results of their actions.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous voice now gone. That's sad.

Sharon

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

It could have maybe been prevented but .....hmmm yeah, what a hill to die on. Loved his music though.

Not sure where this was posted but there hasn't been a confirmation about his Vax status that I can find.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
love and sympathy to all his fans today
Gary was a huge fan so i know his music well
prayers for his wife and family

im sorry but i cant get my head around an asthmatic (and i have asthma) not getting vaxed

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do feel like a lot of it wasn't really their fault because they probably just genuinely believed many of our countries (USA) leaders. After all, everyone is not equally capable of sorting fact from fiction.

That is true but he was not someone who couldn't think for himself so I don't understand if he didn't get vaxxed. I just don't understand why. What a loss.

Comedian Louis Anderson died today too.

Oh that is so sad. I hadn't heard that. He must have been relatively young too. :(

im sorry but i cant get my head around an asthmatic (and i have asthma) not getting vaxed

Same. SMH.

We are living in strange times.

We sure are.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
So far there’s nothing known about his vaccination status. He was vocally against mandates and some people are jumping to conclusions and assuming that means he’s unvaccinated. Maybe they’re right, but it’s sad that this is his legacy when he actually never said anything against vaccines.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.

"

'COVID's a drag - blame China': Meat Loaf, 74, said 'we're all suffering' thanks to the pandemic in Cameo video message to fan three weeks before he died from the virus and said he couldn't sing Happy Birthday because he'd had an endoscopy

• Meat Loaf, 74, died on Thursday after falling 'critically ill' with COVID-19, according to TMZ sources
  • It's unclear if he was vaccinated - last year, he railed against politicians enforcing restrictions
  • He said: 'I understood stopping life for a while but not for politics. If I die, I die, but I won't be controlled'
  • The singer lived in Nashville with his family; on social media, he criticized Biden but refrained from ever saying if he was vaccinated
  • He'd had an array of previous health issues and was recovering when COVID hit, which he said made his health worse because he had to stay out of the gym
  • Meat Loaf's adult daughter Pearl said on January 7 that some of her family and friends had tested positive
  • She said they were all feeling 'OK' because they were vaccinated, but didn't say if her father was among them
  • The singer had extraordinary career over six decades with Bat Out Of Hell trilogy among most popular offerings
  • I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) reached number one in 28 countries and won him a Grammy
By MARK DUELL and JENNIFER SMITH, CHIEF REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 03:00 EST, 21 January 2022 | UPDATED: 07:18 EST, 22 January 2022"

"

At the very least he didn't vocalize for vaccines and if he had he might have saved many people who respected him and were big fans. He didn't use his celebrity for good as I see it. If he was vaccinated why not share it with his (vulernable) fans who might have then decided to get vaccinated if they were on the fence?

At the very least, IMO, this is what he could have and should have done. Encouraged others to get vaccinated and shared his vaccine status if he was vaccinated.

We all have a responsibility to others and those who are influential have an even stronger responsibility IMO.

And again, may I remind everyone, that this pandemic would have been OVER and DONE had most people gotten vaccinated. Period. End of story. Lives saved. Heartache minimized. Instead here we are year 3 and the pandemic is still going strong. Millions dead from Covid. Millions.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s sad that he died.

But now I can’t get this out of my head. It belongs in that other thread about songs.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you had asked very young me how I think I will feel on the day Meat Loaf dies 50 years from now, I would not have predicted that I would be sad. But I am.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you had asked very young me how I think I will feel on the day Meat Loaf dies 50 years from now, I would not have predicted that I would be sad. But I am.

i know that feeling
i felt it when Charlie Watts recently passed
now i want all those old rock gods to live as long as the Queen

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel sad because his death was preventable.
Tragic. :(

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humpf. He gave his life up for something which is non exitstent. I'd prefer he was here today and had his vaccine shots.. very sad that seemingly intelligent people refuse to live.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be disrespectful, but with the thread title, "Meatloaf Passed Away" I expected this to be about something found in the back of a refrigerator.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results