shape
carat
color
clarity

May Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day.

Merilenda, I hope you are safe today. These severe storms every day are crazy! I feel so bad for those areas being hit. DIY is fun but I sure have no skill at it. Since you watch HGTV you’ll have lot of ideas when you do buy a house.

Deegee, is it still raining there?

We had a pretty nice day. By this afternoon we were in the 60’s with sunshine and only a breeze. Maybe summer is almost here.

I got called from work at 12:30 am and had to get up and do some work online for the VP of our company. He emailed me yesterday to take care of something but the times were off 3 hours; I did what they asked but the time was wrong so I had to do it again. It took me about 45 minutes then I had a hard time going back to sleep. 6:10 rolled around very early. My boss told me I could go home at 3 pm today. Yippee. I came home and got tacos ready for supper. I left the hamburger and shells on warm in the oven and went back to pick up Marty. It was nice to have supper waiting then when we got home; I was done with dishes by 5:50. Sweet.

I am really tired so I think I’ll try to go to bed by about 10. Hopefully I won’t get any phone calls tonight.

We got our cell phone bill today and owe $108 more this month. Aak. Most of it was Marty’s conference calls. He has a 126 minute call that started at 8:59 pm so it was one minute before it was free. Grr. We have to pay .45 cents per extra minute so I called and asked if they’d adjust the minutes on that one call to help me out. The lady I talked to was very nice but couldn’t get it approved. Sigh. She said they’d give me extra minutes to use between now and June 1st. Of course the new cycle started on the 21st. I did up our minutes. We shared 500 minutes on 3 phones and both Marty and I paid $10 each for 500 text. The new plan is 700 minutes with unlimited text so overall the monthly bill will be about $15 more. Marty also has his work phone forwarded to his cell so that adds to the minutes too.

My employees took me to lunch today for my upcoming birthday. It was nice. Eleven of us went and Marty came with us too. One of my employees painted me a very nice picture of some trees with a sunset behind them. I also got a pot holder that says “wine a little - you’ll feel better” and of course it has a bottle of wine on it.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
merilenda - I have a lot of family in House Springs, MO. I'm from KY and have been through a few tornadoes, but nothing like what's going on these days. I have been tracking points on my own for over a year, so I'm really not missing the website. My cheapie app is strictly for me to enter points each day and it tallies my weekly and exercise points too. There's no database, which is okay because I'm pretty familiar with point values (the old way). I also have a point calculator app which will calculate either the old or new way, so I'm covered. I've maintained, so I must be doing something right! And I'd definitely stay away from popcorn with the temporary crown! Hubby had his temporary crown put in this week. He bit into a cookie a few minutes ago, and then grabbed his mouth and left the room. Mouth pain stinks!

marcy - It didn't rain at all today. Woo-hoo! We walked 2 nights in a row without getting wet. We're supposed to have thunderstorms with large hail tomorrow. Maybe it will skip on by us. Yeah, my problem child is a treat to deal with. I have worked with him for 10 years and have been his boss for 3, and he works very hard at doing very little work. I actually had all of the cubes in my unit reconfigured so that I could keep an eye on him. He knows that's the reason I did it and he still snuck out, and I can't even begin to tell you how much that really ticks me off. How nice of your employees taking you out to lunch! I like the pot holder. Have you been able to drink wine since that evening you had one too many? I haven't checked Home Depot for backsplash ideas yet. Good to know about the porcelain.

We had our Board meeting today, and it only lasted 2 hours. They've been known to go as long as 5 hours, so it was great getting out of there so fast. I'm on a time crunch since I'm going to be pulled out of my job to work solely on the project soon, and I have a big project to get launched so that I can turn it over to one of my staff, and several smaller annual projects that already run pretty smoothly. I just have to get request letters updated and then I can turn that over too. It really stinks that I'll have a new employee starting 4 days before I get pulled out of my job. I made pizza for dinner, 1/2 pepperoni and full-fat cheese for Matt and 1/2 veggie and fat-free cheese for me. My pizza making skills have come a long way since my first attempt! I did laundry, read a little, and walked 3 miles. For a snack I drank a bottle of Guinness and attempted popcorn again. I have a jaw appointment on Tuesday, but I have a feeling that it's probably improved all its going to. I fractured the left side, but my right joint pops way out when I open my mouth, and it doesn't seem to be doing any better. It doesn't exactly hurt anymore, but it's a really unpleasant feeling. I guess I can live with unpleasant. I think I'm going to head to bed with my kindle to read a little more before conking out. Have a great day tomorrow! (Friday is one day closer!!!!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Deegee, that is great you’ve been able to get out and walk at night for a few days. Poor Matt, I hope he didn’t hurt himself biting down wrong on the temporary crown. Your problem child reminded me of a story I heard at work. Our facility in Phoenix has an employee that lived about 2 blocks from work. He’d go check in, walk out one of the open doors at shipping and go home. He carried a radio so if someone was looking for him he’d hear them and come back to work. They finally figured out he was only at work about an hour or two a day. Wow! And they are the type that show righteous indignation when you call them on it. How dare you want them to work for 8 hours a day. Aak! Yay for shorter meetings. Sorry that day to start your project is drawing nearer. I am so sorry to hear your jaw may not improve past where it is. Good luck at the doctor next Tuesday.

I was mostly bored at work again today. After work we picked up fast food because Marty wanted to paint tonight. A friend of mine picked me up and we went to a candle party. We didn’t stay long so I was home by 8. They had a chocolate fountain going for treats. I tried a strawberry, a raspberry and piece of banana with chocolate on it. It was pretty good.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee. I get to leave at 3 so I can start my long weekend 2 hours early. Sweet.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I forgot to answer this last night. Yes, I am okay with drinking wine again - just not as much. :bigsmile: :devil:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let the long weekend begin. :appl: I got off work at 3. I have been working on my June newsletter. We are playing cards with friends tonight. Marty hopes to play a lot of golf this weekend.

I hope you all have a safe, healthy and fun weekend. :wavey:
Marcy

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Just stopping in to say I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! We're heading home for a couple of get-togethers, which will make it difficult to eat healthy. Today I ate fast food TWICE, but it would have been worse. My co-worker dragged me to Taco Bell for lunch, so I ordered off the diet menu. And then we were out doing stuff tonight and picked up Wendy's on the way home. I'd been craving chicken nuggets, so I indulged, but I got them with a baked potato.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merilenda, have fun at home seeing family and friends. Mmm chicken nuggets. I love chicken but sadly it makes me ill. I am pretty much a beef person these days. I hope you did better with eating than I've been doing these past few days. My employees, a friend, my in-laws, my parents and my sister are all taking us out to eat between this week and next weekend for my birthday. OMG. Talk about an eatathon! I will try to stick to only 1/2 of what I order and try to order sensibly. Supper with the in-laws is probably going to be in about a 1/2 hour and I am not even hungry so that is a good thing, right?

Today I made us pasta, lean ground beef and a tomato basil sauce with leftovers. I had a little spaghetti, a little rotini and ground beef left so it all went together. It wasn't bad.

I wrote up a form letter to ask for door prizes for a star party my club hosts every summer. Now I have to go round up addresses and print out labels. Thank goodness for self stick envelopes and self stick stamps. Next I have to come up with a t-shirt design and get that ordered and do a program. My old program was in windows and I have Mac; I might kick Marty off his PC for awhile and go do it on his instead of spending the time making up a new one. I'll see. I've been doing our club newsletter in Pages and posting it online in PDF which makes it very convenient and cheaper for my club.

Marty is out playing golf with his parents right now.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty and his folks only played 9 holes of golf so we went to supper about 6 pm. I had a salad, steak and baked potato. I brought home most of my steak. Marty and I split a amaretto custard dessert. It is raining here now so I am all snug in my sweats and Snoopy fuzzy slippers. This is pretty cold for the end of May.

I haven't done a darn thing on looking up addresses yet for my door prizes. I might put the letters all in envelopes tonight though.

The Sci Fi channel has been running Star Trek movies all day. Sweet.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

merilenda - have fun at your family get togethers! You're right, it is hard to eat healthy at those. We all deserve splurges now and then, and I love the food at family get togethers! Taco bell isn't too bad. You can usually get some pretty light food there.

marcy - I actually had to fire a summer intern for sneaking out a few years ago. She thought everything I gave her was well beneath her (she was about to graduate from college, you know), and she would go to her house which was a block away and spend several hours each morning and afternoon. After I fired her, she used me as a reference. The nerve! Hee-hee, I'm glad you're okay with wine again. I still can't do margaritas. I usually drink amber or dark beer, and that's very filling so I don't ever drink enough to make me sick. Although one night I ate a bowl of soup and drank a bunch of dark beer (Dead Guy Ale...yum) and I didn't feel all that wonderful the rest of the evening!

I took Friday off so I could have a 4-day weekend. I got so many errands done! Work really interferes with the things you need to do. We went home to KY yesterday for my 9-yr old niece's softball game (they won) and her birthday party at the skating rink afterwards. We ended up bringing home my nephew, who is going to help us get some outside work - pressure washing, trim painting, mowing - done on the house today. No work is being done right now because he and Matt decided they needed to go eat, and they didn't want any of my tasty light food or fruit. Hmm. My parents are cleaning out the pool tomorrow and all of us usually show up to help, and then we have a cookout afterwards. I'm supposed to be sanding the trim, so I better get a move on it. Thank goodness there's no work tomorrow! Have a wonderful day!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am very sad to see my long weekend coming to an end. Maybe I can be sick tomorrow. Cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze. :devil:

Deegee, I had to laugh that the girl you fired used you as a reference. She just didn’t get it, huh? Some people. Yes beer especially ale is very filling. I used to drink beer but found it almost painful how full it made me feel so I switched to wine and margaritas. Yay for family projects this weekend. I am sure your nephew will be good help to get some chores done outside.

I got my 100 door prizes letters in the mail. I even sent one to Apple. I told Marty maybe Steve Jobs has a soft spot for astronomy and will send us something. You never know. The next project I worked on was getting registration sheets, sign up sheets and a program for our big star party this summer. They were all done in Publisher and of course Mac doesn’t have Publisher so I printed them out off Marty’s PC and made them up in Pages. My program needs WORK. I might have to redo that but it’s good practice for me. I am at least happy to get some of my busy work out of the way.

We spent quite a bit of time in Lowes and Home Depot looking at tile and contrasting tiles for backsplash. We picked out some porcelain tiles that came on 12 x 12 inch sheets with the 1 7/8 inch squares. Deegee if you do a backsplash get the tile sheets that are glued together on the corners not the ones just stuck on a mesh; the mesh ones are really flimsy on the wall and will be hard to keep in place. We went back and picked up some contrasting 4 inch tiles then got home and realized they were about a third inch ticker than our other tiles and since the edges weren’t finished on them they’d look awful and caulking around them would look even worse. So back to the store we went and this time we got four 6 inch decorative tiles and put them over the stove. They look nice. He still has to do a little strip under the windows then touch up a few spots with paint and the kitchen is done. Until we can afford a new counter top though which we should probably have done before the backsplash but oh well; too late now.

I met a friend for lunch since Marty was going to be playing golf I made plans with her. We used to work together at my old job and have remained good friends. She runs in marathons so it’s nice to always here what she is training for these days.

Well enjoy the few hours left of your long weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh marcy - you have some tiles up? Please take pictures!!!! I have bought a couple different 12inch squares of the 1inch tiles on mesh. I bet they're not glued in the corners. I'll have to check. I haven't picked anything out yet because I have to have the countertops in place first. Wouldn't that be awesome if you got a "good job" from Apple? I'm so excited that I'm getting Adobe Pro at work. I had to beg for it, and I've begged for it more than once. Our IT people usually just say that you don't need whatever you're asking for. It's not on my machine yet, but now I'm really going to pester since the director told them to install it for me!!!

Whew - I'm exhausted! We got so much done around the house this weekend that I'd like to kidnap my nephew for a few more weekends. It's nice to have help, especially since Matt and I don't quite have the energy that we used to. I went out to get sandpaper and ended up cleaning the whole garage. I got rid of so much junk! Matt pressure washed it afterwards, and then he and my nephew pressure washed the house, driveway, walkways, deck and all of the outdoor furniture. I got the trim sanded, but I'll have to paint another day. Today we went to my mom & dad's house to open the pool, which was hard, hot work. It's been in the mid 90's all weekend and we're all worn out. My poor parents tried to turn on the air conditioning for the first time today and it didn't come on, and their house is miserably hot. My scalp is crispy right now because I used sunscreen everywhere but there...and I have a hair appointment tomorrow. Owie! I did okay with eats today - a hamburger, potato salad made with light mayo, and 1/2 of a brownie. I took a strawberry pie which got gobbled up really fast and I didn't get a piece. I'm so tired that I'm going to go to bed after I finish my Guinness. I'm pooped! I don't have enough energy for a walk. Lily has already crashed in the middle of the floor. She loves trips to grandma's. I have an 8am appointment with the jaw dr, and with a hair appointment after work - it's a long day. Have a great day!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! I can't believe it's the last day of May already. We had a long day and just got home about 2 hours ago. We had spaghetti and salad for dinner, but didn't walk. There was an article in the paper today about how over 100 children and adults who were attending a local baseball game were treated at the hospital for heat exhaustion/stroke today. It got into the high 90's and was humid and miserable. We haven't recovered from overdoing it this past weekend and decided not to walk. Plus my foot that was broken (the one that triggered my weight loss journey) is really hurting. I had on a pair of flip flops to work on the pool yesterday and kept turning my foot, so I finally kicked them off. I hope I haven't broken any of those darn little bones again. I'm an accident waiting to happen, for sure. I fractured the left side of my jaw about 1.5 inches from the center of my chin, and have a permanent knot and scar there. I'm having a lot of trouble with the joint on my right side near my ear. The dr told me that it had suffered significant soft tissue trauma and would just take a long time to heal, as in possibly a year. I was ready for this to be over with the day I did it! He told me that I needed to try to wear my mouth splint more (like to work), but that thing makes me gag so wearing it more isn't going to happen. On a happy note, my haircut lady loves to experiment on my hair and I usually let her, and I love how she cut it tonight. She took about 2 inches off the length and layered it more than last time, and it's so springy and light. I have really thick, heavy, long, curly hair normally. Since I had it straightened, it was really thick, heavy and stringy. It's about chin length now...I love it!

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Wow, that was funny. I uploaded a new avatar and had a picture of a nice brunette lady but it sure wasn’t me. I added an a to the name of my picture and uploaded it again. That was kind of shocking.

It was sure hard to go back to work after the nice long weekend. Once I got busy at work it was fine though.

Marty finished the tile under the window tonight and it really tied in all the walls He had to patch some cracks in the grout. I will get some pictures to post once he is finished. I can’t really cook anything right now with the kitchen all torn up so we stopped and had a taco for supper and picked up enchiladas for lunch tomorrow.

Deegee, we should have done our countertops first but just didn’t think of it. I can’t afford them right now anyway. I need to save about $2000 for our license plates for the car, RV and for the RV insurance for the year. Rats. Your IT department sounds like ours but I am glad you are finally getting Adobe Pro. Marty is the manager of our IT department and while I get quick service when I have a problem my PC’s and laptops are ancient. How wonderful your nephew turned out to be such great help this weekend. Sorry to hear about your parent’s AC. I hope it’s an easy and inexpensive fix for them. I am so sorry to hear about your foot; I hope it is just achy and you’ll get better with it each day. That really stinks about how long your jaw could take to heal. Your new hairdo sounds really cute. I was thinking about cutting about 2” off my hair too and it definitely needs more layers. I have thick hair but it’s very straight.

Well, I need to call my mom and get some cereal weighed out for breakfast. This morning I thought I had one baggy at work of it but I didn’t. A friend and I split a pop tart out of the machine at work and her banana.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results