carat
color
clarity

May Healthy Living Thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy folks--where is everyone these days? No one livin' healthy these days :bigsmile:?

Did my mega workout--pool, deep water and on the treadmill fast pace and steepest incline. Skipped the walk tonight as DH has a toothache. What is it with all the sore mouth's/jaws these days???

Yoga tomorrow. The weather has been decent these days, but the wind is cool. Sheesh--where is the heat????? Guess I'll have to wait for Cali this summer for that......

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I am so glad it’s Friday already! What? You’re kidding me, right? Fine. I guess I’ll go back to work tomorrow.

I finally had something to contribute to my task force meeting this morning. Woo hoo! I had a one on one with our department’s director this afternoon. It went well because I really didn’t have any problems or issues to really discuss with him. He also likes to talk so all you have to do is get him on something general and he’ll take over the conversation.

Marty worked late again tonight so we picked up fast food on the way home. I had some steaks in the frig to cook tonight but they weren’t thawed yet so we’ll cook them tomorrow night.

Marty’s folks should be back in town tomorrow or the next day and we want to take out some of the guys here from Hong Kong. They are some of the people worked with when he was over there. It will be nice to meet them since I’ve heard so much about them for the past couple of years.

Deegee, I hope your back and foot are doing better today. We had rain when we left work today and it’s going to be raining through the rest of the week. My jaw and teeth are much better thank you for asking. Crunchy things are a challenge but I can actually chew on that side; I notice it most when I brush my teeth. How is your jaw? How is Matt’s root canal coming along?

Sharon, I agree - where is everyone these days? I hope DH’s toothache is better today. It does seem to be catching these days. It doesn’t seem like warm weather will ever get here.

I am off to read my book.
Laters,
Marcy

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I have been posting on the WW thread, but I wanted to come over here and see if I could join the soft food club? I had a couple fillings, root canal/temporary crown placed, and an extraction done last Friday. :knockout:

My pain is FINALLY more manageable today, and I'm hoping to be able to go back to work tomorrow. I can't believe they told me I could work the day after! I'm still pretty much on the soft foods diet though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Merilenda, you poor thing. That sounds very painful. Don't you love a doctor or dentist's version of "mild discomfort"? I hope you feel better soon and do okay with eating soft foods. The thing I found most difficult to eat was baked lays. Those suckers are crispy. :bigsmile: Good luck at work tomorrow. Let us know how you do. :wavey:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I'll be trying Baked Lays for a while yet, which is a shame, because it's kind of a staple for me usually. Yeah, "mild discomfort" is what they told me! And when I called on Monday saying I'm still in a lot of pain, the response I got was basically "well you just had an invasive procedure, what did you expect?" Oh I don't know, I was expecting MILD DISCOMFORT! They told me to give it a few more days.

I'm feeling a little more sore this morning than I was yesterday, but I think I can handle it and at least attempt to work. I'm sure getting tired of soup, mac & cheese, oatmeal, and mashed potatoes though. So if you've got any suggestions, I'm willing to listen!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merilenda, sorry you are more sore today. It doesn’t sound like they were too sympathetic when you called in either. I hope you were able to work today. I found yogurt and cheese worked for me too. Bananas in very small pieces weren’t too bad. I found strawberries too chewy. Good luck.

I am waiting for Marty to get home. He was going to play golf after work but since it’s raining out I am sure he’ll be home soon. He is going to cook our steaks and rice. I am pretty hungry though I think I’ll go hunt down some raw veggies.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Sharon - I hope your hubby's toothache feels better soon. When Matt has a toothache, he acts like it's the end of the world.

merilenda - It sounds as if you've had a rough go of it lately. I hope you're feeling better very soon. I'm lucky that my dr was very sympathetic and prescribed some very helpful medicines to get me through the worst of it. Mushy food gets really old. I ate a lot of mashed potatoes, yogurt, bananas in small, smushed up pieces and dumplings from Cracker Barrel. One thing I found that I could eat that was really filling was an egg beater sandwich on soft white bread with a slice of cheese. To start with I had to use one slice of bread, but now I'm up to 2 -woo-hoo! A full sandwich! I don't have any good suggestions...I just kind of figured out what works as I went. I did discover that spinach is much easier to eat than lettuce, so I made salads with spinach, mushrooms, shredded carrots, and very finely chopped tomatoes.

marcy - Glad you're doing better. Matt and I shared a bag of popcorn last night for the first time 2 months. We agreed that it was not a great idea, but it tasted really good! I had to put my mouth splint in immediately though. He hasn't complained too much about his tooth this week, but it has to still be bothering him because he made an appointment to have it looked at on Monday. My project start date has been pushed out, so now I can't take off between June 21 and September 6. We had a meeting this week with internal staff and a few Board members, and at the end of the meeting Miss Mouthy said "Well, this was as big a waste of time as the last one." I'm not happy about being on this project, but I'm not going to be rude about it. She's going to be a treat to work with. When do you get to meet the people in from Hong Kong? Matt's friend spent quite a bit of time there on a project, and loved it.

I ended up staying home today. I ache all over from the non-stop rain. Lily, Evil Cat and I spent the day in the family room on the couch in front of the fireplace. I don't think we're going to be able to walk today because it is still pouring rain, and Lily is in desperate need of a walk. She's getting really stir-crazy! I made chicken fajitas and rice for dinner. I cut the chicken up in small pieces, so I was able to eat it with no problem. I still have lots of points left and would like to go for ice cream, but I'm still in my jammies and look especially lovely after my day of napping on the couch! Maybe I can convince Matt to take me through the TCBY drive thru. I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow! Friday is getting closer!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--toothache city! Deegee, is Matt related to my DH? I know sore teeth can be a real pain (no pun intended), but my hubby really makes the "most" of it!

I said I wouldn't go exercising today--but ended up doing a 10K walk as the weather was so bright. Felt good and I love hearing all the little birdies and such outdoors....

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions! I actually ate quite a bit of shrimp for dinner with mashed potatoes. I could have eaten more, but I just get so tired of the careful chewing that I give up after a while. It was nice to eat something that wasn't totally mushy though!

I hope, hope, hope that I'll be feeling even better tomorrow and can maybe tackle a sandwich. I'm supposed to do this nature walk retreat as part of my work tomorrow, and I'm sure they'll provide a lunch that I won't be able to eat easily. I'm reeeeally hoping to get out of it since I still don't feel quite up to par and I need to catch up from being off.

Deegee, I'm glad you reminded me about egg beaters! I've been wanting an omelette, and that'd definitely be easy to eat. I might see if FI will make me one tomorrow. I haven't had TCBY since I was a kid! I think the one in my hometown actually closed down.

I think I'm starting to wear out FI, but he's being a trooper. He went out the other day when I was nauseous and passed out to pick up props I wanted for our engagement pictures. He dropped off the contract/check with our photographer this afternoon. Oh and he contacted a potential officiant for our wedding and we're supposed to talk to her via Skype tomorrow evening. So at least we're not completely stalled out while I've been out of commission!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
merilenda - I thought of another thing I could eat that made me feel like I was eating food instead of mush... At the Mexican restaurant, I would eat the inside of a ground beef burrito with a side of rice and beans, and that actually felt like a real meal. The tortilla is still a little too chewy for my jaw, so I'm still eating just the inside of the burrito instead of the whole thing. It saves on WW points too, so that's a good thing. Glad to hear your FI is helping out with the wedding stuff!

sharon - men! I know Matt was having some real pain before his root canal, but good grief! My fractured jaw is still healing and I can't eat like a normal person, but he just knows his tooth hurt far more than my jaw ever did. And then he had the nerve to complain about having to eat soft food for a few days. Argh! Glad to hear you got a walk in. I love walking in the spring when birdies are chirping and people are out working in their yards.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, yay for being up to eating a full sandwich! I bet the popcorn tasted great but too bad you had to get your splint out right away. Are you better today? Wish Matt good luck with his appointment on Monday. Miss Mouthy must be a real “peach” to have around the office. I agree, there is no sense being rude about it. Sorry to hear your start date has been pushed out; I’d rather just get things started and get on with them. I found out today I probably will be replaced on my task force team soon. Woo hoo. We had a meeting this afternoon for updates on my software and they fixed one - yes I said one - of my bugs. I hope they didn’t have to work overtime to get that one fixed. It sounds like you and the “kids” had a nice lazy day. I hope you aren’t as achy tonight. Did you go get your yogurt tonight?

Sharon, that is wonderful you got out for such a nice long walk enjoying the birdies and fresh air.

Merilenda, that is great you had an almost normal dinner. Mashed potatoes are so easy to chew. I hope you do get out tomorrow and can go for the nature walk. That is terrific to hear that your FI is helping out with the wedding. When are you guys getting married?

I think I can get one more chapter read before bed. Marty is already asleep. It’s raining again today and tomorrow is pretty much going to be the same. I refuse to wear my winter coat anymore though! Take that, Mother Nature! :bigsmile:

Bye :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! We have snow on the ground again. Aak. I was up late trying to finish my book. I am about finished with it. Marty got up about 4 am so it was a short night.

We are taking the Hong Kong guys out today. It will be nice for me to finally meet them.

My in-laws are back in town.

I am starving so I am off to make some toast and cut up some strawberries for breakfast.

Have a great day. :wavey:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy, we're getting married in September! I can't wait, although we still have about a million things to do before then. Not just for the wedding (we're just doing a small ceremony & dinner afterward) but coordinating a cross-country move & me trying to find a new job later this summer. So I'll be soooo happy when that's past us!

I can't believe it's snowing where you are! Whereabouts are you located? It was rainy and chilly here today, but at least no snow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merilenda, September will be here before you know it. How exciting. Your ceremony sounds perfect too. How exciting to be moving too. I am in Wyoming. I have seen snow here every month of the year but this May has been colder than normal. How is your mouth doing?

We drove about 45 minute south of town to take some guys from Hong Kong to our favorite steak house. Marty worked with these guys in Hong Kong and they have been visiting here this week. They asked if there was good steak around here so we took them to what we think is the best in the area. They enjoyed it. I ate 1/2 of my steak and cut the rest up for lunch tomorrow. I think I'll put it in a soft shell and roll it like a wrap.

It rained most of the day here and was near 40 but at least the snow didn't stick on the ground.

I was almost finished with my book this morning. I was very bored at work this afternoon so I downloaded it on my Kindle app and finished while we were driving for dinner.

Take care.
Marcy

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Yuck, I'm glad the snow at least didn't stick! Our May has also been colder. It's storming here today, but not too cold. I'm just ready for some sunshine and warm weather!

My mouth is still a little sore, but definitely tolerable. I'm still not eating hard things, but I feel like I can probably eat most anything that's not too crunchy. I'm a little paranoid that I'll break the temporary crown though, so I'm trying to be really careful. I know I'm being a baby because it's not that bad at this point, but I'm so frustrated and ready to just have my mouth back to 100%! We're going to meet some friends from out of town at a brewery tonight, and I haven't decided what to order yet. I wish I could get the pub chips, but I think that's out!

What book are you reading, Marcy? I'm reading the Harry Potter series right now. I know I'm years behind everyone else, but I just could never get into the first book when I tried years ago. I stuck with it this time though, and they do get better and less childish.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
merilenda - I had to pop in to say, oh please be careful with that temporary crown! I had a temporary crown on a tooth that was broken but hadn't had a root canal. I popped in a mint after dinner at a restaurant and bit into it without thinking, and that crown split into a thousand pieces, taking huge chunks of my tooth and leaving the root exposed. Those darn things don't seem that sturdy to me!

I'm off to KY for my sis's birthday party. I'll check in later!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Oh deegee, that sounds horrible!!! I guess that's one benefit of it still being sore. I'm definitely avoiding putting pressure on it. And I think I'll avoid anything too crunchy until I get my permanent.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Deegee, OMG! I almost got ill thinking about your crown breaking and leaving your root exposed. You’ve sure had awful and weird things happen to you. Have fun at your sister’s birthday party.

Merilenda, I am with you on wanting warm weather and sunshine. Yesterday morning we have the sun shining for awhile. I was so excited but it didn’t last. We had our astronomy meeting last night; we have the meetings at a local botanic gardens so I used my new camera to take some macro shots of flowers. It made me feel like summer was almost here. I’ll post us some pictures so we feel like maybe this long winter is coming to a close. Temporary crowns do seem very flimsy. When I’ve had crowns come off the dentist assistant told me I can use vaseline to hold it on but there is no way I’d try that. I just finished reading the latest Michael Connelly book. I loved the Harry Potter series. I only watched a little bit of the first movie thought because I thought it was too childish. I hope you found something soft to eat at the pub last night.

Since it was sunny yesterday morning I took some more ring photos. Marty thinks I am such a flake. Work was so long and boring it seemed to last forever. I did get great news though that I am off the task team effective Monday. Woo hoo! After work we picked up a quick supper then met Marty’s folks for a drink at their Friday night happy hour. We had our astronomy meeting so just visited with them for about 40 minutes.

Marty is out playing golf this morning. It looks gray and chilly out there but he wanted to go play. We are meeting Marty’s folks later for dinner. I had cheerios for breakfast and will try to keep it light so I can eat what I want for dinner.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some flower shots

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower3.jpg

flower4.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might be warm enough here to plant my flower buckets by the beginning of June.

flower5.jpg

flower6.jpg

flower7.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - those flowers are gorgeous! Really makes you ready for warm weather, doesn't it? My knock-out roses are in full bloom and are so pretty and bright. We went to the farmers' market today to get flowers for porch pots. I also have some large planters here and there in the landscaping that are in need of something bright and cheery. Yeah, weird things always happen to me. I broke 2 teeth in March 2010 eating popcorn. Rather than doing root canals right away, my dentist tried crowning them first. I broke the temporary crown on the one tooth and had to have an emergency root canal because the nerve was exposed, and then ended up having to have a root canal on the other tooth anyway because of constant p ain. Then I fractured my jaw. I have had mouth pain for over a year now! I have never heard of vaseline to hold on a temporary crown. That's funny you keep taking more ring pictures. Marty probably just shakes his head at you. But hey - we bought the AGS0 stones, and we want to see them perform!

merilenda - I absolutely love eating at microbreweries. Unfortunately we don't have any where I live, so that's a treat for when we're out of town. Hubby doesn't drink, but he loves eating there because they have wonderful food. I like to try different beers. Are you on weight watchers? Are you counting points the new way? I was a member of ww before they changed the way to count points, so I still count the old way.

Today was a beautiful, non-rainy day. We worked outside mowing the lawn, trimming hedges, and planting porch pots earlier in the day. Our landscaper is really backed up because of all the rain we have had, so we decided to trim & clean up ourselves and he can bring the mulch. We went to eat at that tasty burger restaurant we tried a few weeks ago...mmmmm.... I discovered that it was named one of the 51 best non-chain burger joints across America in a USA Today poll - it's WV's representative on the list. After we ate, we went to a home furnishing store and I bought a picture for over my couch in the family room. It's sad, we've lived here for almost 13 years and my walls are completely bare. We're a step closer to getting our counter tops ordered, and bought a new faucet for the sink for when the counter tops get installed. Unfortunately it's a 7-week wait! I guess I'll start painting in the meantime. I had my big wreck 4 days after we moved in, and we never got around to doing things the way we wanted (although we did get rid of the powder pink walls right away). I'm really enjoying getting things done and making it feel like it's my house. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Deegee, I am very much in the mood for spring and summer flowers. I will probably get them to put out next weekend. Your roses sound very pretty. What color are they? Well hopefully once your jaw heals you won’t be having teeth pain. How is Matt doing with his? We went to Lowe’s this afternoon and I was trying to flash my diamond in Marty’s face but it was too hard to get it in his eyes going down the road. I was amused at trying though. The lights in our Lowes are great for diamonds; I wanted to take a picture but I refrained. Of course our AGS0’s want to perform for us; that is why we bought them. Sounds like you and Matt were very productive in your yard today. How exciting to be fixing up your kitchen. Marty is actually painting our kitchen right now. He picked out a light beige and we were looking at the little stone tiles for backsplash. We also so new doors for the laundry room in our dining room. I am excited to see what it looks like. I checked out the burger list you mentioned. We’ll have to try the one listed in Denver.

We slept in until about 7:30 today. I made pancakes (Marty 2 and me 1) and then I headed to the grocery store. I made lunch about noon since Marty had a tee time at 2 pm but it was very windy here today and the guy he was going to play with cancelled on him so he took a nap instead. When Marty woke up he wanted to go to Lowes and pick up stuff to paint the kitchen. While I hate wandering around a hardware store I did want to help pick out things for the house.

Our dinner last night with Marty’s parents was nice. We all went to Sam’s afterwards and wandered around for awhile.

I am off to read for awhile.
I hope you had a fun and healthy weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi marcy! My roses are about the color of the last flower you posted. They start blooming early in the spring and keep blooming until the first hard frost, which last year was in November. They require no maintenance except trimming, which is perfect for me because I am not good at taking care of flowers. I plan to do the little tiles for a back splash too once we get the counter tops installed. I like the ones that are a mixture of stone & glass, but I think that might be too busy with the counter top we have picked out. It's the LG solid surface counter top in a dark beige with flecks of different shades of browns and stone looking things. I can't do pattern on pattern, but there's so much to choose from that I don't think I'll have a problem. I'll let Marty get your tiles done first and then let me know how much trouble it is to do... After I get all of that done, I'm going to buy new Fiesta dishes in red, gold, and another color TBD later. I'm excited to actually get stuff done! Umm - the guy who works in the door section at Lowes caught me trying to take a picture of my ring with my iphone. I was a little embarrassed. Hee-hee! I hope you try & like the burger joint in Denver. Our place recently opened up another location, and you have to wait to get into either one of them. The wait last night was over an hour, but we were okay with a high-top in the bar, so we only waited 1/2 hr. Kind of nuts for a burger. And I'm super jealous that you're off your project. Lucky lady!

Matt hurt his knee on Friday playing basketball with the kids at my sister's bday party, so we took it easy today in hopes that him staying off of it will help. It's the knee he had to have reconstructed right after we started dating 17 years ago, and it's worrying me that it is hurting him so much. It's tightly swollen and looks yucky. We did have to go eat and grocery shopping because we had no real food in the house. Matt snacked on peanuts and potato chips all day, and I ate the last yogurt and pudding cup so it was an emergency grocery store run this evening. I spent about 1/2 hr when we got home cutting up fruit and veggies for the week. We're having a really bad thunder storm with hail, so no walk again tonight. I can't believe the weekend is already over! I really hate Mondays. Oh well, maybe it won't be so bad. Have a great one!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your roses sound very pretty. I'll let you know how Marty does with the tiles. We liked the ones with stone and glass too. The one we liked the best was assorted darker color little tiles then the glass tiles for a border. The DIY network makes it look easy. :bigsmile: That is pretty funny you were trying to take a picture of your ring at Lowes. I seriously thought about it. We bought new dishes about 2 years ago and we sure thought of going with Fiesta because I thought it would be fun to have the different colors. That is strange to wait that long for a burger but if it's the best then it's worth the wait. Yes, I am lucky to get out of my daily meeting and being on that task team. I hope I don't get any flack later that I wanted off the team. I sure hate to hear about Matt hurting his knee. That is certainly no fun; I hope he is better tomorrow and doesn't have to go to a doctor. This weekend went by far too fast. Rats.

I need to go pack some things for our lunch tomorrow and get ready for bed. I hardly got any reading done today.

Marcy :wavey:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful flowers, Marcy! I love looking at flowers but don't seem to have the patience or green thumb to upkeep them myself.

Deegee, I am doing WW although I have been absolutely abysmal at tracking points for the last several weeks. At first I kept giving myself the excuse that I deserved a little indulgence after all my dental stuff, but I think I'm going to have to draw the line after this weekend. We grilled hotdogs both nights this weekend plus I drank a lot of beer on Friday and Saturday night (a lot for me is 2 beers per night). I'm not a big drinker at all, but every once in a while I just get in the mood for some good beer.

I really do prefer the new points system to the old one. I find it easier to manage, although admittedly I probably lost faster on the old system. But fruits & veggies are zero points with the new system, which makes it nice. In fact, when I'm being diligent about what I eat, I sometimes find it hard to eat all my points in a day. Foods are worth more points in the new system, but you also get more points allowed. I recommend checking it out and seeing if you like it. I believe the sign-up fee is waived right now.

That said, my 3-month online subscription will be up a few weeks. I haven't decided if I want to renew it or not. I do like the new system, but I'm not sure it's that much easier to manage than just counting calories on a free site.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Thanks, Merilenda! I do well with my flowers only because of Miracle Grow. :bigsmile: About August they start getting leggy and I just let them go after that. Sometimes we do need some extra goodies during tough times; the important thing is knowing when it's enough and that we start back on track again. As bad as your teeth were hurting you probably didn't go over your points that much anyway. Are you feeling better this week? Free WW is always good. But of course what works best is more important.

I was so BORED at work today it seemed to last forever. Marty worked late so we didn't get home until about 6. I made us beef stroganoff. I used lite sour cream, lean sirloin, no oil, mushrooms, garlic and beef bouillon for the sauce. It wasn't bad. The recipe called for onions too but they kind of give me a stomach ache so I left them out.

Tomorrow night we will probably grab a bite out somewhere so we can go out to Home Depot to look at their tile for the back splash. That reminds me I need to go measure.

I picked up some Snack Wells brownie bites for 150 calories a pack. I didn't try them yet. I love those chocolate Snack Wells cookies but of course I could eat the entire box of those things.

Take care.
Marcy

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I am feeling better, although the soreness seems to come and go. I was feeling more sore last night, but I woke up today with very little soreness. The tooth gets a little sore when I bite down or put pressure on it, but I'm not doing that much anyway since I'm trying to avoid chewing on it. I hope it stays this way, because this I can handle. I sure am missing my crunchy foods though!

I've been eating grilled cheese and soup for lunch, which I do really enjoy. Your beef stroganoff sounds good! And much healthier than the original. Hope you're having a good day!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

merilenda - I did really well with the old system & don't know if I could learn a new one. I faithfully tracked everything I ate until I reached my goal. I do pretty good now, but slack off way too much on the weekends. I'm stingy during the week and have all my weekly points left every single weekend! We had a WW at work group going, and I also subscribed to the online version so I could track on my phone. After I reached my goal, I cancelled the online version and bought a cheapie app for $.99 and use it. The only thing I was doing online was tracking, so I decided it wasn't worth it. I'm glad your mouth is doing a little better today. I'm really missing my nightly popcorn. Waahhh!

marcy - I like the idea of bright dishes. I am usually a very beige person, but decided a little color in the dishes sounds like a great idea!
Your stroganoff does sound really tasty. I tend to leave onions out of things too because I don't like them. I use miracle grow on my flowers too, but then you have to remember to water them from time to time. I usually remember when I come home and they're looking pretty much dead...

Today was a busy day. I finally hired someone for the vacant position left by the person I promoted. Now I've got my fingers crossed that this person will actually start! I had to talk to my problem child at work today. I discovered he was clocking in and then disappearing throughout the day. He admitted that he would clock in and go back out to his car to sleep or out to breakfast. He would clock back in after lunch and then get in his car and leave. Grrrr..... He has been given the official "verbal warning" that we're required to do before we do any type of discipline. We had turkey blt's and salad for dinner, and are heading out to walk. With our track record, it will start raining on us. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a terrific day!

Merilenda, that is great your tooth isn’t giving you a lot of pain anymore. I love grilled cheese and soup for lunch but sometimes it’s nice to have something crunchy. I still notice those 2 teeth are sensitive. I picked up some toothpaste for sensitive teeth but I think it is more for if your teeth are bothered by hot or cold. Did it warm up there for you yet?

Deegee, I think you’ll love having colorful dishes. Our dishes are real plain; the center is beige and the rim has a circle of green and blue on it. It rarely gets hot enough here to kill of my plants by the time I get home but 2 days will do them in. I try to water my plants in the morning but if I get around slow they have to wait. That is great you filled your vacant position. Wow, your problem employee sounds very impressive - NOT. I hope he understood he was doing wrong. That is amazing he thought he could get away with that. I’ve had some very irresponsible employees over the years and they drive me crazy. Good luck with him making the necessary changes. We have to document everything at work too. Marty keeps notes in a journal in his iPad. I think that would make me more likely to keep notes. Right now I have an employee setting about 5 feet behind me and I don’t feel like I should type up employee notes while she is there.

I had 2 projects at work today which was nice for a change. It made my day go by more quickly.

After work we went out for supper then wandered around Home Depot. Our local HD is way across town (okay maybe 10 minutes but still it’s the other side of town) so we just ate by there then looked at their back splash. We are looking at porcelain now instead of stone because all the signs say it is easier to install and maintain. Easy is good for DYI people who have no idea what they are doing. BTW the lighting in HD is not nearly as good for diamonds as Lowes.

We stopped by my folks house to drop off a card table for a garage sale then came home.

Take care.
Marcy

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy, I live in Missouri, and we've been hit by some bad storms the last week. We haven't had any bad damage around here, but it seems like we've had strong storms almost every day. I'm a native of the area, so they don't bother me, and I just enjoy sitting at home reading a book. I've never personally been in a tornado, but areas of the county where I grew up were destroyed by one a few years back. So I guess I should say that I've never been in the direct path of one, but I've been near a lot of them.

That's cool that you're updating your home! I watch HGTV all the time, so that kind of thing interests me. I'm one of those DIY people who has no idea what I'm doing too, though. We live in a rental house right now, but hope to buy a house in the next couple years.

Deegee, I'm kind of the same way with WW online. I really just use it to track points, and I haven't even been doing that in the last couple weeks. So I really think I'll cancel my subscription when it expires soon. If I want to keep counting points, I'll just buy a points calculator. A co-worker of mine is starting WW & she bought one. She said they were on sale for $5. I'm also missing popcorn! I've been tempted by my mini-bags of kettle corn, but then I tell myself to wait because it's not worth it if I mess up my temporary crown.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results