shape
carat
color
clarity

March Madness Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
So, let''s predict some upsets!!!!

Any takers?
31.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I already predicted a 5-12 upset but didn't specify which one (I'm tricky that way; then if there's any 5-12 upset I'll say I predicted it
31.gif
)

If I have to pick I'm going to go with Western Kentuck beating Illinois. They beat Louisville, so I think they've got a shot.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
everyone is calling Utah over Arizona...

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 2:30:20 AM
Author: trillionaire
Oh yeah? I hadn''t heard that (I really don''t pay much attention). I''ll put that one on my bracket
1.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Utah is the higher seed - so that wouldn't be an upset. Arizona shouldn't have made the tournament - didn't have 20 wins, Pac10 is weak this year. However, they have appeared in the tournament every year for the past 25 years - nobody wanted to "break" that streak.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:52:17 AM
Author: LAJennifer

Utah is the higher seed - so that wouldn''t be an upset. Arizona shouldn''t have made the tournament - didn''t have 20 wins, Pac10 is weak this year. However, they have appeared in the tournament every year for the past 25 years - nobody wanted to ''break'' that streak.
Yeah, I noticed that as I was filling out my bracket this morning.

I picked a fairly boring bracket ... not too many upsets. Who is everyone picking to win? I was between Louisville and Pitt, but I think Pitt''s going to take it. Having grown up in Pittsburgh I guess they''re my hometown team, so plenty of people I know will be excited, but I really don''t care for them.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
Western Kentucy will upset Illinois. There is your 12-5 upset.

I'm also going with Mississippi St. over Washington (13 over a 4). I think Washington is vastly overrated and Mississippi State has gotten hot at the right time.

FI is also a HUGE Syracuse fan so I'm hoping they do well. We met at Wake Forest, so we both root for Wake; although FI would take Syracuse over Wake any day. At least they would only meet in the National Championship game.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 12:46:51 PM
Author: DiamondsforDee
Western Kentucy will upset Illinois. There is your 12-5 upset.

I''m also going with Mississippi St. over Washington (13 over a 4). I think Washington is vastly overrated and Mississippi State has gotten hot at the right time.

FI is also a HUGE Syracuse fan so I''m hoping they do well. We met at Wake Forest, so we both root for Wake; although FI would take Syracuse over Wake any day. At least they would only meet in the National Championship game.
I didn''t pick a 12 - 5 upset this year - but if I had, that is the one I would have picked.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
DiamondsforDee, I also have a Syracuse obsessed FI! Did yours grow up in upstate NY too?

I totally agree on your 5-12 upset choice. That''s mine as well!

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I will be cheering for Michigan State all the way!!!

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
elrohwen, my FI grew up about an hour outside Syracuse in an itty bitty little town. He is just crazy. He can talk on the phone for hours with his grandpa about Syracuse sports. He danced around with a teddy bear at 1:30am after Syracuse knocked off UConn in the BET. I think they put something in the water up there to make the SU fans so crazy.

I love that we have a nice group all in support of the Western Kentucky-Illinois upset. I love picking crazy upsets and usually do a good job. Not so much on the rest of my picks however...

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
DiamondsforDee, my FI''s from Rochester, so not that far. None of his family even attended Syracuse, but they''re all huge fans (especially the men). I guess when you live in the upstate NY boonies you have no other teams to root for
2.gif
Well, you have the Bills, but they''re always disappointing
3.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Another Mizzou fan here!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 6:50:36 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
Another Mizzou fan here!
I think Mizzou is going to do very well.

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad to see so many Syracuse fans (or fiances of Syracuse fans) on here! I went to Syracuse and will be cheering for them all the way- Go ''Cuse!

elrohwen: I''m also from Pittsburgh, and can''t stand Pitt either! I don''t know what it is, but I think it stems from that fact that there was somewhat of a rivalry between the two teams back when I was a student at Syracuse. I really want to be able to root for Pitt being that they are my "home" team...but I just can''t bring myself to do it, lol...

On the other hand, I will absolutely be rooting for Robert Morris University-- it''s amazing that they made it to the tournament and I''m proud of my little hometown team!!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:39:35 PM
Check out the Prez''s picks!

His bracket looks eerily similar to mine - with NC beating Memphis for the title. He gave no love to the Pac 10 - doesn''t have them winning a single game.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 12:37:18 AM
Date: 3/18/2009 11:39:35 PM

Check out the Prez''s picks!

His bracket looks eerily similar to mine - with NC beating Memphis for the title. He gave no love to the Pac 10 - doesn''t have them winning a single game.

USC is gonna show Mr. Obama and BC a little somethin'' somethin''!
31.gif

Fight on!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else watching the games? How is everyone doing? So far, I''m 7 for 7.
36.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 6:04:01 PM
36.gif

You clairvoyant! (Can you pick some MegaMillions lottery numbers for me?
2.gif
)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 6:27:39 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

Date: 3/19/2009 6:04:01 PM
36.gif

You clairvoyant! (Can you pick some MegaMillions lottery numbers for me?
2.gif
)
Ha ha - I wish! Sad to say I''m hardly clairvoyant - I just watch a LOT of college sports! Last year I won my husband''s office pool - they wouldn''t let me play this year.
38.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I did really well (like 6 for 7?) earlier, but Villanova and Gonzaga are worrying me!! I did the pick 6 thing at my office that I mentioned, and two of the teams were Villanova and Gonzaga. I don''t have a chance in h*ll of winning of they lose in the first game. Come on guys! I also picked VCU because it has the potential to earn me many points if they win tonight, so we''ll see how that goes. I don''t expect them to win more than one, but I need the points from this first game!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 9:17:53 PM
Author: elrohwen
I did really well (like 6 for 7?) earlier, but Villanova and Gonzaga are worrying me!! I did the pick 6 thing at my office that I mentioned, and two of the teams were Villanova and Gonzaga. I don''t have a chance in h*ll of winning of they lose in the first game. Come on guys! I also picked VCU because it has the potential to earn me many points if they win tonight, so we''ll see how that goes. I don''t expect them to win more than one, but I need the points from this first game!

Nova and Zaga pulled it out. Western Kentucky is up on Illinois . . .

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, VCU screwed me. They were going to be my huge point gain in the pick 6 thingy at work. Should''ve gone with W Kentucky since I was fairly sure they were going to win anyway (I''m blaming FI for this because the picks were ultimately his responsibility
2.gif
). There''s 7 points I won''t be getting now that VCU''s out. Thank goodness all of my other teams are still in it!

Also, I''m actually winning in my ESPN bracket against my FI and four of my male friends. Woohoo! That will probably change today, but I''ve never been in first place ever, so it''s nice even if it only lasts for a day. Especially because these guys actually follow basketball, so it feels good to actually be beating them.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
so ndsu is supposedly fantastic at 3 pointers and all they are doing is jump shots and the star player is hogging the ball
im this close to punching my tv
29.gif
errrrr ok i wont punch my tv but STILL!!!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hah! Had to pull myself out of PS retirement for this annual thread!

Strange day today! No. 1 Pitt had a devil of a time with 16 E.Tenn St. The game was close the entire time.

Dayton no.11 over W.VA. 6 ....WVA is a vetern tourney team.
33.gif
WVA trailed most of the game.

Yay Arizona State!!!! Can''t severe that tie to any former Wolfpack association ;-) I have them advancing against Syracuse, who didn''t look very good against S.F. Austin.

I''m an ACC gal w/ the exception ABD (anybody but Duke). I did have Mich. over Clemson. Clemson just never settled into their last part of the season skin.

I have UNC to win (LV, UConn, FSU, UNC - final four)

FSU is my dark horse. They are well coached and fearless.

Oh, and VCU messed me up also. I thought they would advance two rounds.

Best to all Bracketeers!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 6:10:07 PM
Author: fire&ice

Strange day today! No. 1 Pitt had a devil of a time with 16 E.Tenn St. The game was close the entire time.

33.gif

Yay Arizona State!!!! Can''t severe that tie to any former Wolfpack association ;-) I have them advancing against Syracuse, who didn''t look very good against S.F. Austin.

I''m an ACC gal w/ the exception ABD (anybody but Duke). I did have Mich. over Clemson. Clemson just never settled into their last part of the season skin.

Best to all Bracketeers!
Hey - I was wondering where you''ve been! WV completely screwed me! I''m blame bowling - they went bowling the other night while waiting for the charter plane to arrive (10 hours late). The rest of my bracket is intact (I had WV in Elite 8). All hopes and prayers hanging on NC to win it all.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 6:21:22 PM
Date: 3/20/2009 6:10:07 PM

Author: fire&ice

33.gif

Best to all Bracketeers!

Hey - I was wondering where you''ve been! WV completely screwed me! I''m blame bowling - they went bowling the other night while waiting for the charter plane to arrive (10 hours late). The rest of my bracket is intact (I had WV in Elite 8). All hopes and prayers hanging on NC to win it all.

I was as high as the 92nd percentile.... key word: WAS.
38.gif
LOL
2.gif

After today''s games, I apparently am doing as well as a dart-throwing monkey.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Gooooooo Dayton Flyers!

I''m so proud of my alma mater. I don''t think they''ll make it as far as I have them in my brackets (I took them over Kansas, and last I checked, pigs don''t have wings), but I''m happy they made it past this round!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:09:44 PM
Author: misskitty
Gooooooo Dayton Flyers!

I''m so proud of my alma mater. I don''t think they''ll make it as far as I have them in my brackets (I took them over Kansas, and last I checked, pigs don''t have wings), but I''m happy they made it past this round!

I hope they now make it to the Final 4 - to salvage my bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results