shape
carat
color
clarity

Making an effort

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you show the same positive energy you do here, you have this!

Engaging friends/former co-workers in discussions and practice interviews ahead of time might be helpful. When I wanted to get back into an industry I had left earlier, it was a lunch with a former co-worker who brought my game up a notch - she updated me on where things were today and reminding me of applicable experience I had forgotten I had.

Admittedly, I've gone feral working from home so want to join you in the effort to start wearing more of my jewelry again.

P.S. Always good to start a new job when Springsteen isn't touring so you are settled and can take time off for when he does!

Very good point about Bruce
Its always been so much stress in the past, even getting the day off on the day tickets go on sale (they sell out in minutes)
Also best not to let on to new peeps why i have Sept 23rd off every year :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck, D&D. You probably already know this but who knows, maybe it will help someone else.

I've always heard that employers prefer applicants with a minimalist, conservative look because it supposedly gives a first impression as the person being a safe, serious and reliable employee choice, or something along those lines.

So if it was me, for interviews I would make sure the eyebrows were neatly trimmed with no strays, above style or beauty (unless you're looking for a job where the glam factor would be expected). And I'd probably only wear the pearl earrings to interviews. Keep us posted!
Thank you that is good advice
I am actually very conservative in every conceivable way (except with earings:lol:)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look great Daisy and Diamonds. You got this! :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck with the interviews!

I've never stopped working since I graduated but I still go barefooted at all times at home and rarely bothered to shape my eyebrows. Do what feels comfortable to you. The new thing seems to be thick eyebrows so that's a plus!

I had Brook Sheild eyebrows back in the day but the fashion chamged and became mean and skinny eye and some family members used to make fun of me so i plucked them to a very thin thin line and after all these years they have not grown back to their forner glory

I think at some stage i need to go get them professionaly shaped just so i have a guide

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My apologies for not personally by name thanking everyone
i find it too hard on my phone and ive never been to PS on my laptop
But i thank you all for your encouragement and advice

been sleeping in earings to keep holes open
i miss skeepers/ keepers for this

Still have the dangly buzzy bee in as i just can't get another earing in yet

almost a disaster this morning
Mid morning discovered i only had one pearl earing in
Help !.
I had been out gardening and all over the house
Lucky i found it in the bed
i toss and turn alot and studs are not comfortable

Now i have mum's earings in
she didn't have pearced ears so i got them changed to studs
not sure why i didn't have them put on hooks ??
The jewler did tell me he would have to use a silver bead as they were drilled all the way through
Anyway they are so comfy i don't care
They have quite a long post but not too thick and he used a nice little plastic (not a butterfly) stopper as backs backs

My sciatica has been stopping me sleeping well and makes me toss and turn all night plus i think my hayfevor is giving me asthma and ive just felt a bit misserable the last couple - we have had a cold change in the wheather
We both had to have a nap this afternoon
best sleep ive had for ages, never even heard the rubbish truck empty the wheelie bin
ears did not bother me at all

20210120_200116.jpg

Attachments

• 20210120_200218.jpg
    20210120_200218.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 16

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for out of focus photos
Its hard to suck in double chin and try to flatten back of neck fat at the same time :mrgreen2:
This is buzzy bee
He is an iconic NZ woodern pull along toy
You may have seen baby Prince William playing with one in the wrong county on The Crown
Notice the green NZ lawn in the real photos (not the fake Aussie fictional lawn) hqdefault.jpg
16111297888771885217166.jpg

Attachments

• 6090.hero.png.jpg
    6090.hero.png.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen-Shot-2020-11-10-at-1.27.00-PM-2-250x250.png
    Screen-Shot-2020-11-10-at-1.27.00-PM-2-250x250.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 18

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck on your job interview @Daisys and Diamonds!!! Even though I have been working from home for almost a year, and I don't wear makeup, wear sweats almost every day, I still wear full bling :) wardrobe every day!

For those of you who don't usually visit the Pearl Forum, I got all decked out for inauguration day today and have found that pearls and sweats go very well together!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Luck on your job interview @Daisys and Diamonds!!! Even though I have been working from home for almost a year, and I don't wear makeup, wear sweats almost every day, I still wear full bling :) wardrobe every day!

For those of you who don't usually visit the Pearl Forum, I got all decked out for inauguration day today and have found that pearls and sweats go very well together!
Thank you @jaysonsmom
I have to secure an interview first

You should see pearls with jean shorts and a singlet with bare feet :mrgreen2:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No makeup, no bling, no fancy clothes...just a black top for Zoom conferences. But I do keep the roots touched up

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hadn't given up
after the long Christmas holidays quite a few jobs im interested in are now popping up on line
i applied for one at the weekend in the trade dept at a very large building supplies merchants (they own forests to grow their timber in)
And just before one of the consultants rang from work and imcome (labour dept/ huge government agency that looks after all govt benefits and pensions) and im going in on Wednesday for a chat

Can't go today because things have the turned very bad with darling Tibby's health and we have a late appointment at the vet
i dont think today will end well
This last weekend we have been giving Tibby basically palliative care
He has got sick so quick and i was a bad cat mommy and didn't realize his weight loss was so bad
he was still jumping on my knee for cuddles on wednesday maybe even Thursday night
Tibby is the only and i mean only freind we have made here since we moved here
He is relatively young - i thought he would grow old with Gary
My heart is broken 20210220_134734.jpg

Tremsi

Rough_Rock
I hadn't given up
after the long Christmas holidays quite a few jobs im interested in are now popping up on line
i applied for one at the weekend in the trade dept at a very large building supplies merchants (they own forests to grow their timber in)
And just before one of the consultants rang from work and imcome (labour dept/ huge government agency that looks after all govt benefits and pensions) and im going in on Wednesday for a chat

Can't go today because things have the turned very bad with darling Tibby's health and we have a late appointment at the vet
He has got sick so quick and i was a bad cat mommy and didn't realize his weight loss was so bad
he was still jumping on my knee for cuddles on wednesday maybe even Thursday night

I’m so sorry about Tibby.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I hadn't given up

Oh no @Daisys and Diamonds I hope the trip to the vet will end in good news rather than bad. Thoughts are with you.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very hard to tell when a furry family pet cat loses weight. Don’t beat yourself up.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thinking about you and yours.

kind regards, Sharon

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for Tibby and you and sending good thoughts your way.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking about you and Tibby Daisy. I hope the vet had good news for you on how to help him.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh daisy i was wondering how the job search was going.
I am so sorry about your little tibby! Sending comforting hugs to you both

Thinking of you, @Daisys and Diamonds. So sorry about Tibby. Virtual hugs if you want them.

I just wanted to pop in to say I also didn't work for almost 2 years between having a baby, moving, etc. The job hunt is such a painful process. And it was so hard getting "interview ready." I felt like I've forgotten everything I knew. I was convinced that I'd sound like an idiot and no one would hire me.

But fast forward a year later, I have a new job that I'm doing well in. It'll happen for you too! Take care of yourself. *one more hug*

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I'm missing some threads that I would most certainly want to be there for lately, and you're one of 'em, toots :bigsmile:
I hope things are going as well as they can with Tibby and I'm sending my hugs along presently.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really sorry about Tibby. I'm hoping for the best outcome possible.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you
Life really sux
He's just got off the bed and waddled down the hall into the lounge
He is having a smorgasbord lunch in the kitchen
He's now lying on the floor
if he wasn't such a bad shape (pear shaped but too skinny) he would look about nornal

Thinking of you and Tibby, hugs to you both!

DK :confused2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and Tibby, hugs to you both!

Thank you DK
The house is so lonely without him
his loss hurts so much
This morning i think little Borris was looking for him

I have the appointment soon to go see the job lady
im walking in because for some reason there are no busses after 9.30am till lunchtime ???
I gotta admit my hearts not in it today but the microwave died this morning (im thinking Tibby - why do you need the microwave in heaven ? :doh:)
Im not looking forward to peas and corn done on the stove

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DK
The house is so lonely without him
his loss hurts so much
This morning i think little Borris was looking for him

I have the appointment soon to go see the job lady
im walking in because for some reason there are no busses after 9.30am till lunchtime ???
I gotta admit my hearts not in it today but the microwave died this morning (im thinking Tibby - why do you need the microwave in heaven ? :doh:)
Im not looking forward to peas and corn done on the stove

It's a sign from Tibby!

I know a lot of people do not believe in this hocus pocus, however, I do, in that deceased loved ones let their presence known by means of electrical energy, like surges that can blow appliances and lightbulbs etc...

Hugs!!! Pets are family and I feel for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results