shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's Wear ALL of It!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I just kept staring at the bad vendor photos of that ring when it was for sale on eBay.
I had a gut feeling that it was the real deal. It was unmarked, and assumed costume.
So I took a chance and bought it for $29.
It checked out for 18k, diamonds and natural star sapphire!
And I haven't worn it in years.....till today!!!!

A beautiful stone and a truly amazing bargain. White star sapphires are way underrated.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So now you bad girls made me realize that I really need a heart pendant for the first two weeks in February. In fact, it's probably even actually rude not to get into the Valentine's Day spirit by wearing a heart pendant then. It is missy and stracci's fault. Yes.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a baroque Tahitian strand and earrings, which are more colorful than my cheapo phone camera shows, and a 3 ct. CZ extra e-ring. My collection is heavy on pearls, which in my mind translates to needing more of everything else to even it up. :twisted:

jewelry sun.jpg

Mmmmmm!! Tahitians! Can you tell that jewelry gets me all excited?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now you bad girls made me realize that I really need a heart pendant for the first two weeks in February. In fact, it's probably even actually rude not to get into the Valentine's Day spirit by wearing a heart pendant then. It is missy and stracci's fault. Yes.

Some people dislike a heart motif, but I've always loved them! Especially a heart shaped stone. My local gem shop has a heart cut sapphire that I've had my eye on.....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today's selection:
Some pale sapphires and 14k white gold hoops.
The ring is white gold with a white star sapphire and single cut diamonds. It was an amazing ebay find, as the seller thought it was costume!
The pendant and solitaire ring were loose sapphires purchsed from my local gem and mineral shop. I set them in sterling.
IMG_20211114_075526957~2.jpg

The white on white star is hard to photograph.
IMG_20211114_082025984_HDR~2.jpg

They all go so well together

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun thread @searchin. So much jewelry I don't wear.
We went back to our NYC home today to pick up some stuff (winter coats etc) and I decided in the spirit of this thread to bring some more bling back. And I wore two of my necklaces that have not been worn for years.

dbtyanddiamondheartnecklace.png

Gotta say loving the burnt orange
I love orange any time of the year, any shade but today its really showing of your necklases perfectly

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok ok
i think i got a heart pendent around here somewhere :lol-2:
I would like to wear earings but i find at work its too risky with the mask because i do take the mask off when im doing dishes out the back, just to give my skin and nose and ears a break

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok ok
i think i got a heart pendent around here somewhere :lol-2:
I would like to wear earings but i find at work its too risky with the mask because i do take the mask off when im doing dishes out the back, just to give my skin and nose and ears a break

I know! My dangle earring keep getting tangled up in the mask. Uugghh!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here are some "fabulous fakes" for tomorrow. All sterling silver and CZs. I bought the earrings and riviera necklace thinking I might wear them to a wedding or something but haven't worn them yet. I'll probably look ridiculous with them and old jeans but that might be the only way they get worn anytime soon.

monjewelry2.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some "fabulous fakes" for tomorrow. All sterling silver and CZs. I bought the earrings and riviera necklace thinking I might wear them to a wedding or something but haven't worn them yet. I'll probably look ridiculous with them and old jeans but that might be the only way they get worn anytime soon.

monjewelry2.jpg

You will look like royalty!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For tomorrow.
Egyptian!
The necklace and earrings belonged to my late MIL. The 18k cartouche necklace spells out her name, Ann. We think she got this from Luxor in Las Vegas.
Now the ring is very special. When I was a kid, I was crazy about all things Egyptian. When the Treasures of Tutankhamen toured the US in 1976, I wanted to go so badly. I was 12 years old.
The closest stop on the tour was Washington DC, a 5 hour drive from our home. But I wasn't in charge of vacations, so I never got to see the exhibit.
But I did talk my Dad into letting me order this ring from the official catalog. It is gold plated.
I always wanted the solid gold version, but they never come up for sale anywhere that I've seen.
It was made from a mold taken directly from one of the rings found on Tutankhamun's body.
I have worn it very gently in all these 44 years that I've had it. The last time I wore it was 7 years ago.
IMG_20211114_192646139~2.jpg

IMG_20211114_192825464~2.jpg

Last edited:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For tomorrow.
Egyptian!
The necklace and earrings belonged to my late MIL. The 18k cartouche necklace spells out her name, Ann. We think she got this from Luxor in Las Vegas.
Now the ring is very special. When I was a kid, I was crazy about all things Egyptian. When the Treasures of Tutankhamen toured the US in 1976, I wanted to go so badly. I was 12 years old.
The closest stop on the tour was Washington DC, a 5 hour drive from our home. But I wasn't in charge of vacations, so I never got to see the exhibit.
But I did talk my Dad into letting me order this ring from the official catalog. It is gold plated.
I always wanted the solid gold version, but they never come up for sale anywhere that I've seen.
It was made from a mold taken directly from one of the rings found on Tutankhamun's body.
I have worn it very gently in all these 44 years that I've had it. The last time I wore it was 7 years ago.
IMG_20211114_192646139~2.jpg

IMG_20211114_192825464~2.jpg

I have a cartouche pendant with my name that my mom brought back as a souvenir from Egypt. I loved it and wore it all the time way back. Now I'll have to go dig it out. That ring is so cool.

Today, I decided to stick with the silver jewelry box.

20211114_233235.jpg 20211114_233312.jpg

Funny story...about the rainbow moonstone/labradorite ring. I love small independent shops so picked this up while I had some free time visiting Austin for work. I wore it to a workshop the next day and a woman sitting a my table comments on how she loves my ring. She mentions her friend sells jewelry on Etsy. I told her that I love looking at new shops and asked her the name. "Cecile Raley Designs" Small world as Yvonne (who owns the shop) does most of my custom design work.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a cartouche pendant with my name that my mom brought back as a souvenir from Egypt. I loved it and wore it all the time way back. Now I'll have to go dig it out. That ring is so cool.

Today, I decided to stick with the silver jewelry box.

20211114_233235.jpg 20211114_233312.jpg

Funny story...about the rainbow moonstone/labradorite ring. I love small independent shops so picked this up while I had some free time visiting Austin for work. I wore it to a workshop the next day and a woman sitting a my table comments on how she loves my ring. She mentions her friend sells jewelry on Etsy. I told her that I love looking at new shops and asked her the name. "Cecile Raley Designs" Small world as Yvonne (who owns the shop) does most of my custom design work.

It's a small jewelry world sometimes!
Pretty pieces! I especially love that big impressive bracelet......is it Taxco?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For tomorrow:
Cameo, antique carved bands, antique signet ring, and dainty pearl earrings.
IMG_20211115_213250493~2.jpg

The cameo is spectacular and i love a signet rimg (its a great capsual worthy ensemble ) but i cannot get those earings out of my head :kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cameo is spectacular and i love a signet rimg (its a great capsual worthy ensemble ) but i cannot get those earings out of my head :kiss2:

They are cute earrings! They are unmarked, but test 14k. I got them at a yard sale for fifty cents:mrgreen2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are cute earrings! They are unmarked, but test 14k. I got them at a yard sale for fifty cents:mrgreen2:

Wow!
They definatly deserve more wear

very sad someone placed practically no value on them but very happy you have them

I would rather give my rather humble pieces away rather than have them sold for 50 cents

Just noticed the thumb ring :kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!
They definatly deserve more wear

very sad someone placed practically no value on them but very happy you have them

I would rather give my rather humble pieces away rather than have them sold for 50 cents

Just noticed the thumb ring :kiss2:

That's actually part of the chain wrapped around my thumb to keep the cameo from
falling off my hand!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's actually part of the chain wrapped around my thumb to keep the cameo from
falling off my hand!

Shame! :lol-2: :boohoo:
I love a thumb ring and with your rather enviable long thin fingers the dantiness of it as a thumb ring looked really good on there
(Possible hint for next little project);)2

Ive only thought of thumb rings in my case as anything other than rather chunky wide pieces but your dainty little cameo chain masquerading as a ring has given me food for thought

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For tomorrow.
A 14k angelfish pin/pendant set with peridot and blue topaz. A uranium glass 10k ring.
On the middle finger is a 14k Andamooka opal ring that I bought at a gem show.
And some old hammered 14k button earrings.
IMG_20211116_202337522~2.jpg

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
For tomorrow.
A 14k angel fish pin/pendant set with peridot and blue topaz. A uranium glass 10k ring.

Ooh, I especially like that fishie. Fun!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For tomorrow.
A 14k angelfish pin/pendant set with peridot and blue topaz. A uranium glass 10k ring.

Ive never heard of uranium glass jewlery
How exciting !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results