shape
carat
color
clarity

Laundry room / pantry Reno ideas please!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I’m going to be working on a full blown renovation to our laundry room / pantry, everything from floor to counters, cabinets and shelving. It’s a medium sized room. I’d interested in unique storage / shelving designs like pull out / built in laundry hampers and ironing board and a wall mount / unfoldable drying rack. I’ll also use the room for pantry / food storage.

If anyone has a functional, well thought out room, would love to see pictures or get tips on design, etc.

Thank you!
RayRay

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a huge fan of modular wire shelving and have them in my property since the mid 90s.

The shelves come in different width and length, just slot them onto poles at 1in/2.54cm intervals.

Configurations can be changed to suit and non-permanent.

Metro Shelving is the original brand, however, there are many good quality generic ones on the market nowadays.

DK :))

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A dedicated tall cabinet for vacuum cleaners, brooms, mops only. Sounds ridiculous but too many times they are stored with other items and it is a pain to remove and replace these items as the other junk is in the way. Then a dedicated large cabinet with a ton of shelves for cleaning products and items only. I have also seen in luxury homes a built in small TV across from the built in ironing board with a dedicated electrical wall outlet for the iron. A long counter to stack and fold laundry. Finally, I have seen built in drying racks attached to a cabinet that you can pull out and hang wet things directly next to the washer. It can then be closed up after the clothes are dried. I have also seen racks mounted/ suspended under the ceiling by the back wall so you are not walking into wet hanging clothes. A window is nice to bring in fresh air and to vent any moisture. Pantry-wise a must is a cabinet with width and depth to store large platters. I’ve seen these with vertical slots to prevent stacking chipping or cracking. My choice of shelving and countertops is stainless steel. Easy to clean and does not stain. Very hygienic and sturdy to hold heavy items. Finally plenty of electrical sockets to charge electronic items ( which the cords always clutter up the kitchen counter) and for extra kitchen appliances.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could ( but im not) show you a before photo :lol-2: well not until i too have an after !
But storage ! Storage! Storage !

I second the tall cupboard for the vacuum cleaner and brooms etc

also i would love a built in ironing board that folds away (but im never going to have the wall space for that)

I would love a really fancy laundry tub, not like the poxy little one we have now

good luck with your renovations, hope it doesn't take too long

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heated towel rail !
Great for drying delicates and in the laundry its out of everyone's way

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So we have a small laundry room as well, with a fairly newish home [6 years]. They put in cabinets and a sink, so storage is nice. But there is 0 room for a laundry bin or anywhere to hang anything. We just got this and mounted it into a stud and it sure is nice not having to iron shirts/pants any more that come right out of the dryer that lay around until I can get to them to hang up somewhere.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A dedicated tall cabinet for vacuum cleaners, brooms, mops only. Sounds ridiculous but too many times they are stored with other items and it is a pain to remove and replace these items as the other junk is in the way. I have also seen in luxury homes a built in TV across from the built in ironing board with a dedicated electrical wall outlet for the iron. A long counter to stack and fold laundry. Finally, I have seen built in drying racks attached to a cabinet that you can pull out and hang wet things directly next to the washer. It can then be closed up after the clothes are dried. Finally a window is nice to bring in fresh air and to vent any moisture. Pantry wise a must is a cabinet with width and depth to store large platters.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops sorry for double post. Late night posting.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for the great ideas and information! As always, the PS community is the best!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @blingmeupscotty, that's exactly what I want for my laundry room. Like you, it's a relatively small space, so it'll be perfect.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you @blingmeupscotty, that's exactly what I want for my laundry room. Like you, it's a relatively small space, so it'll be perfect.

Hubs mounted it on a stud between the washer and the dryer behind me. This way I can stand in-between both, reach over and hang quickly. Not only that but this arm extends twice and once fully extended can be pushed straight back to the wall again so it's out of the walkway space!! enjoy :D

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20211008-121943_Thinkfree Office viewer.jpg

Here is our laundry room for the house that we are currently building in AZ.
Rather plain with two closets for brooms, mops, vacuums, ironing board, etc.
Rows of cabinets along the walls above the washer/dryer and the sink on the opposite wall.
Counter space for house plants.
A stack of drawers to the left of the sink.
P.s. although we are taking our 1980s Maytag washer/dryer (they work just fine) I left a foot of space for larger modern ones if the need arises in the future, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results